- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Vapexperience
- Price of the tested product: 44.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 30 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7 V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.45
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Cloupor confirms its presence in the niche of mods-box small format and moderate power, proposing the V2 of its mini 30W. Some concerns about the previous version have led the Chinese manufacturer to make significant improvements. The object is beautiful, aesthetically refined, the focus has been on the quality of the components and careful conditioning. Accessories and a VIP card accompany this model, the competition has concern to be made as the price of this small wonder is itself very modest.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 77.3
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The complete measurements are: length 77 (77,3 counting the protruding part of the connector) 37,7 width (buttons included) and 22mm thickness for a weight with the battery of + or - 165g. The hull and the lid are made of 15 / 10è thickness mm aluminum. The decoration is actually limited to the facade on behalf of the manufacturer and the word "mini", smaller, both engraved in the mass. The cover is distinguished by 7 series of circular punches (diameter 1mm) aligned lengthwise to the number of 15. The upper part that receives the atomizer is engraved crosswise (2 lines 2mm wide and 0,3 deep) passing through the center of the connector 510 brass.
The latter exceeds 0,3 mm of the top-cap and takes the air intake lines "from below" (this is not the case on the picture but in reality if!). At the back are a mini USB connection and a single vent of circular degassing (2,5mm diameter) directly above the negative pole of the battery.
The opposite side of the screen is engraved 4 lines close, centered, which run the length of the box. The general appearance is neat, the corners are rounded for a pleasant grip. A finely anodized, satin finish and probably "glossy" gives the object a sober and yet elegant visual appearance.
The side of the settings, screen, and "fire" button is just as successful because of the proportions and placement of the active elements. The setting buttons are 5 mm in diameter, they are metal. A function acquisition screen reminds the keys of PC keyboards. The "fire" button (6mm diameter), is made of the same metal and is located alone on the other side of the screen. These 3 moving parts are finely streaked with concentric circles offering them a significant "grip" effect to the touch.
So far it's a no-fault, the interior is similar invoice, I'll come back later. I really feel like I have a device of very good quality, well studied, perfect ergonomics, heavy (in the good sense of the word). I really long to stick a battery and an ato for, I hope, continue to rave and put the drip-tip in your mouth ...
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff,
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Mini-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
For this V2 Cloupor has corrected the software settings of the chipset programs and made beneficial changes such as the protection of internal overheating by thermal sensor. Here are listed, all of the technical features:
- Variable power from 7w to 30w (3,6 to 7V)
- Right-handed or left-handed option (pressing 5 seconds 3 buttons simultaneously)
- Magnetic back shell for one-handed opening
- Chipset Cloupor: update of the firmware on computer via the site:http://www.cloupor.com
- Protection against short circuits
- Reverse polarity protection
- Limitation of the vape time (15 seconds)
- 40 ° C internal overheating protection
- Maximum output amperage: 10 A
- Supports resistances from 0.45 Ω to 3Ω
- 510 adjustable brass connection
- Works with 18650 high drain battery min. 20 A *
- Rechargeable by USB / mini USB
- Possible use while the box is charging in USB - load stop software system
- Precise Ohmmeter to 1 / 100 of Ω
- Remaining battery charge indicator
- Low charge protection (cut to 3,2 V)
- Voltage indicator during the vape
- Indicator of duration of vape
- Electrical performance: efficiency 95%
* Cloupor recommends the use of an Efest 35A high-drain battery
Features and alerts:
- 5 fire button presses in 3 seconds turn on or off your box
- To change the VW mode to VV, simultaneously press 5 seconds the fire and minus buttons.
- To lock / unlock the settings, press 5 seconds the 2 SETUP buttons together.
The Cloupor mini warns you by warning messages when:
- The box does not detect the atomizer = Check atomizer (then play on the 510 connector setting).
- Presence of a short circuit or resistance under 0,2 ohm = Shorted.
- The battery is below 3,2 V = Low power (recharge the battery).
- If the selected parameters are not adjusted to the resistance detected, the ohm symbol will flash but the unit will continue to operate = Too low power settings.
- Without pressing any of the buttons during 2 minutes the system automatically goes to standby the screen turns off, pressing any button turns it back on and the box becomes functional again.
All this looks nice on the paper at least, I have nevertheless verified that the proposed features are operational and it is the case. The first impression is therefore confirmed for the moment. The interior is clean, the battery housing has a ribbon for easy extraction. The electronics are protected by a plastic cover that can be removed (it is "sealed" with a sticker that will cut when opening and will cancel the manufacturer's warranty, so be careful, avoid touching it). The cover is guided by 2 side slides, for its holding and 2 neodymium magnets ensure the closed position. It can be opened with one hand with thumb pressure and downward movement, very convenient.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Before the tests of vape, (that's why you read this review anyway), let's spend a few moments on packaging.
The cardboard box (126 X 94 X 45 mm) effectively protects the material, the lid is lined with a soft foam. Inside, besides the box, we find, housed in a rigid foam that prevents the elements from wandering:
- A retractable USB / mini USB cable,
- A blue screwdriver (setting the positive pin of the 510 connector)
- A small resealable plastic box containing 4 magnets and 3 screws (positive pins) spare.
A photo details the operation of installation of the battery 18650 and the recommendation of use (flat-top battery without "nipple").
The manual although in English is complete, a diagram describes the functional parts.
You are now a Cloupor customer and as such you hold a VIP card. The latter provides you with a manufacturer's after-sales service and a warranty validation of 3 months (after purchase). Your customer number allows you to update the box software on the manufacturer's website once it is connected to your computer via USB. All the details are of course written both on the box and on the various documents present. In order to verify the authenticity of your acquisition, an 16 digit code appears by scratching a label stuck on the back of the box (+ QR code) that you will be careful to fill in the tab provided for this purpose at this address: http://www.cloupor.com/index.php .
I was going to forget the little black velvet pouch, with laces to close it, which allows you to shelter the box on the move, more attention to the credit of the Chinese brand.
Good! We will be able to vaper.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for a Jean back pocket (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? weakly
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
To say that this set can be stored in the pockets of clothing without discomfort or distortion is a little exaggerated, each of you will experience it and judge for your own ease. In operation I found the buttons firm and this notch to the pressure is pleasant. The noise and feel are comparable to those of a good, discrete PC keyboard.
My Origen V3 0,69 ohm (the precision to the hundredth is a bit annoying for those who like round counts), screwed, I pulse .... A small latency betrays the software activity of regulation calculations before supplying the requested energy: 4,01V to 23W. The vape is smooth, comparable to the mecha whose characteristics I reproduced in this configuration of resistance. The autonomy of the battery is less than in Meca, the electronics requires for its operation a non-negligible consumption that I estimate 20% of the potential of the battery (20% of autonomy in less compared to a mecha ). This finding is not depreciative, it corresponds to the difference between a sophisticated mod, electronic, and a simple tube transmitter energy, an effective difference but all in all normal.
The cut announced to 3,2V perhaps because of the parameterization of requested power: 23W, was carried out with 3,45V with the box tested. The whole heats very moderately even at 30W, and only the upper part is concerned. Note that the regulation starts at 7 W and not below. The present chipset is a DNA 30 not "upgradable" (you will not be able to boost it to 40 W but we are in the presence of the last software version of DNA 30).
The brass connector 510 (known fragile) adjustable will be the object of your attention by a meticulous cleaning and operations of screwing moderate in term of blocking of the ato.
I will now reveal to you the only negative points that I noticed and which, I warn you in advance, do not constitute major drawbacks on the model that I was entrusted with:
With an ato 22 mm, the set has an aesthetic defect, in fact, the ato will exceed a mm of screen side / buttons as shown in the photo.
The cover tends to move slightly laterally during various grips, it is noticeable because audible and it is perhaps also the fact of the precise model that I test, the game is not huge (a few tenths of mm ) and does not affect the overall behavior of the hood.
No sealing of the removable part (lid) so it will be necessary to pay attention to any leakage of liquid that could enter through the space between the body and the hood in the housing of the electronic part of the box, (or in the cradle of the battery but it is not the same consequences).
The mini USB charging (which I never use, no electro with this system, except for an Itaste MVP whose built-in battery does not allow me any other alternative) is located under the "bottom -cap "of the mini, so you can load it through this way that lying down, which is problematic with a dripper or genesis mounted.
You will find that these few inconveniences can not discredit this box that works otherwise perfectly, it is true that I use it only for 4 days and I am not able to inform you about the longevity of its performance. In general, and this also applies to this mod, if you can, prefer a dedicated charger, to a USB charging for your batteries.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A classic fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm mounting, Rebuildable Genesis type metal mesh mount, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato, from 0,45 and up to 3 ohms, anyway no one will stack flush. (and the Magma whose connector is very long will not touch the top-cap)
- Description of the test configuration used: 35A sub-Ohm cell battery "flat-top" - Origen V3 dripper 0,7 ohm - Magma 0,5 ohm - FF2
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, it's as you feel, be careful with a quad-coil, (or more) even 0,5 ohm, autonomy ...
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.2 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
As much as the V1 has been controversial, this V2 is a (almost) perfect example of the responsiveness of Chinese designers in a sector where competition is tough.
This mini box is a good product, a very good product compared to its price. Its format is just perfect for all handcuffs (ladies is yours that I think). The battery change is designed for simplicity and efficiency. The supplied accessories are all useful up to the personal laminated service card. A sweet vape and near perfect performances make her the most serious competitor of her sisters in the maximum power range proposed. It will appeal to fans of discretion and elegance, for a conventional vape that does not seek the prowess of cloud-chasers and other power-vapors.
The few disadvantages of aesthetic or conceptual minimal do not affect the overall quality of this object, perhaps they will be corrected for the next edition.
Do not deprive yourself of it, it also exists in black (and recently in "gold"), and do not deprive you either to give us your impressions and comments.
See you soon!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.