- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 89 €
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200W
- Maximum voltage: 8V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Vsticking is a Chinese brand, new in the landscape of the vape that makes a remarkable entrance thanks to this VK530 200w.
An 18650 dual battery box, able to reach the 200W and offering almost all modes of vape.
Nothing inexistent will you say but this brand unknown to the general public and me until today, has obviously signed a partnership with Yihi and so this new box embarks a SX 530 chipset.
A box declined with several very original decorations and especially less than 90 €, which seems to be an interesting case in view of the chipset that it embarks.
So here we go for the discovery of this newcomer.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 34.6
- Product Length or Height in mm: 92.5
- Product weight in grams: 280
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Zinc alloy
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Gyroscopic
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
La VK530 resumes a firmware already seen, the box to a form of pavement elongated and rounded on the sides. It is a reasonable size for a double 18650.
As I told you in the introduction, you will have the choice between several rather original decorations. The one that was put at my disposal for this essay has a Japanese design where you can see a warrior dressed in a kimono and wearing a katana at the waist. She is surrounded by a whole bestiary. It's pretty nice for those who are sensitive to this kind of universe. These decorations are printed on a soft, slightly textured, soft-touch plastic layer.
On the front, grouped in a metal insert, we find the round screen, the fire button, a joystick and the micro-USB port. It makes quite good, even if we see immediately that this metal is a zinc alloy and that its surface treatment is not quite at the level of a pure high end.
On the back, a cartridge of the same metal is engraved in the name of the mark. The rest of the body is covered with the fresco I told you about at first.
On the top, in central position, there is a steel plate for the 510 pad. There is a lot of room and we can insert 30mm atomizers see more without exceeding.
In contrast, we discover the battery access door that opens with a sliding button.
The finishes are correct, even if we find here and there, some small details that could have been a little more worked. Now you get what you pay for and you can not really complain about anything.
- Chipset type used: SX 530
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, variable overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, temperature control of the atomizer resistors, support firmware update, support the customization of its behavior by external software, Adjusting the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 34
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
VSticking lucky to have partner Yihi who is one of the masters of electronics. This new VK530 is equipped with the SX 530, able to climb to 200W. This chipset knows how to do everything.
Variable power with a max at 200W and a max voltage of 8V. It works with coils whose value must be between 0,1 and 3Ω.
You will also be able to taste the feelings of the mecan with the Bypass mode which works according to the same limits of resistances as the variable power mode.
There is also the joule or temperature control mode and a TCR mode. They are compatible with Ni200, SS316, titanium ... The resistance must have a value between 0.05 and 3Ω.
There is also the traditional system preheat modifying the profile of your puff, several profiles are pre-installed (soft, standart, power ..) but you can build yours using the SXi software, on your PC via a USB connection.
The round screen offers a good definition. The display is clear and you can customize it by changing the wallpaper among other things, it is possible to store a dozen themes on the memory of the box ..
The box is also clock indicating the time and date, several visuals are available for this function.
In short, a powerful and sharp product as we are used to with Yihi.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
On this level I would say ... can do better. We have the right to a presentation a little basic. So not refined, no, basic, that is to say that we are entitled to something boat and little value for the product.
A light blue dominant sheath in fine cardboard on which is a picture of the most rudimentary box. The latter is framed by the name of the brand and its own name. On the back, as always, the contents of the pack and finally on the sides, the mandatory mentions and logos. It is very boat, a student in the marketing field could do better.
This sleeve surrounds a light blue box too, on which we find the name of the brand in silver inscription.
Inside, the box is wedged in a rather dense foam, below the USB cord and the instructions.
The notice is also very brief in its presentation, and it is available in Chinese and English only.
In short, a presentation to quickly set aside if you want to stay positive for this product.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Not the chipset did not have erratic behavior strictly speaking but the box simply dropped me after 5 days of use for no apparent reason.
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
We can not qualify the VK530 pocket box but for a double 18650, it remains competitive in terms of weight, size and performance.
Its shape and the position of the controls give it good ergonomics, the box is nice and the texture that covers it offers good grip.
As for orders, I would say as always when my road crosses a Yihi SX:
- for regulars of the brand and its famous joystick, you will find your brands in seconds and for others, you will need a little practice especially that the manual is in English or Chinese.
The vape is at the top, Yihi confirms once again, so tempted that it must be done, that it is one of the best chipset manufacturers. The sensations are good and the fact of being able to perfectly parameter its vape with external software SXi is a real asset.
The batteries are well managed and the autonomy is quite correct. Batteries can be charged via the micro USB port, even if it is only an extra charge.
A powerful box that offers a good quality vape. A potential top, pity she abandoned me after a few days, this is the first time that it happens to me a chipset of this brand and according to the forums I consulted on the beautiful, nothing does not indicate that this type of incident is frequent. I had to report it to remind you that this type of incident can happen even among the best.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The one of your choice this box can do everything and in addition there is a lot of room.
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with ares in 1Ω assembly and then with Govad mounted at 0.25Ω.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: it is you who see, do you pleasure.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Let's start at the beginning. First, I'm not good public for this type of box loaded decor although I understand that we can find it nice and in addition, there are more classic models in the catalog.
At first glance, we say we get what we pay for, the box presents correctly and above all we have a great Yihi chipset.
So as always, the vape is in the onions, especially since you can set all aspects of your puff including through the use of external software SXi.
The joystick and the switch respond well but for those who have never had a Yihi, you will tame the beast and once all keys in hand, the many modes and settings will make you happy.
A box that works well and sends well offering a very good vape.
But as you have understood, for me the adventure has stopped short but I will not discredit the product because nothing proves that it is nothing more than an isolated incident.
Anyway, I think the quality control could be a little more advanced.
So this is an interesting case, especially if you like this kind of look and you are looking for good feelings at a reasonable price.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.