- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 35.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Mechanical Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum Voltage: Mechanical mod, the voltage will depend on the batteries and their type of mounting (series or parallel)
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Vandy Vape maintains a very strong rhythm, after a very nice series of atomizers, the Chinese brand starts to manufacture Box. Vandy Vape has a habit of offering us efficient and cheap atomizers. There is something for all tastes in its range but, until then, no mod.
The fashion of the moment is the Bottom Feeder and it is on this point that Vandy Vape decided to wear his first strike.
The Pulse BF takes the name of one of the best drippers of the brand. I will start, once is not custom, to give you his price because it is, I think, the strongest point of this box: 35.90 €.
For this price you will be entitled to a mechanical box plastic, equipped with a bottle of 8ml, designed to ship an 20700. So, it's probably a bit crude as a summary, but it's still a bit like that.
What can we have for this price? Vandy Vape always manages to offer good for cheap, will he still achieve because there at the tariff level, they are very strong in the category.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 27
- Product Length or Height in mm: 77
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Delrin
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decoration Style: Customizable
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
For less than forty euros, Vandy Vape offers the Pulse Bf, a bottom-feeder box in mono-battery 20700.
What strikes first is its weight, its ABS body and removable nylon facades work wonders. Compact, the box offers a very agreed visual. A small paver, with a big metal firing button, a front opening to squeeze the bottle and a fixed 510 pine. That's when we take a quick look.
If we look at the drawing of the box we realize that the side that hosts the metal switch is flat. One distinguishes, dug in the material, a "Pulsation", logo of the family Pulse. The opposite side, adopts a slight curvature that is there for the grip of the box. This face, it is dug letters that make up the name of the brand.
The front facade welcomes the window of "squonk", this time it is in relief that fits the word Pulse. The removable back sees its flatness interrupted by the signature Tony B Project which is also in relief.
These small visual elements modestly enrich the very simple design of the box.
The fancy touch comes from the removable panels of all colors, the copy in my possession is an all-black, which makes it very sober. But, equipped with colorful panels coordinated or not, the box becomes more fun.
The facades are both held in place by 5 small magnets.
Inside, we find a very basic system too. The connection of the battery is provided by copper parts that should ensure good conductivity.
The 510 pine is also basic, it is equipped with a hollow tube which is connected to the silicone bottle of 8ml by a small plunging plastic tube. A small leg screwed to its base seems to pivot on the axis of the screw is in fact the locking system. When this tab is rotated upward, we disconnect the switch 510 pine, rather astute.
The rear panel, it hides two large openings to help you in the extraction of the battery and the bottle.
Everything is very well assembled, it is very clean given the price. ABS and nylon is not very glamorous, but it's lightweight and strong and, above all, it's not very expensive to produce.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
What can we say about the features? Not much in fact since it is a mechanical box.
Functions, it only has one, it just allows you to vape at a power dependent on your resistance value and the charge of your battery.
It should nevertheless be pointed out that the simple copper connector offers good conductivity, that the bottle of the bottom-feeder system contains 8ml and that it is equipped with a rather correct metal plug.
The big switch is metal mounted spring, it is associated with a simple and effective locking system that I have already presented in the chapter above.
The 510 pin is fixed, so the attitude flush is not guaranteed.
That's about all, a simple product as it's always the case when we talk about mechanics.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
We find a rigid cardboard box with blue predominance. It takes again the decoration of the box of the dripper of the same name. The name of the box is in a pulsation in the center of the lid, there is also the name and signature of the brand. On the back of the box, we do not find, for once, the content but the characteristics of the product.
Inside, wedged in a dense foam appears the box. Above, there is a bag of spares for the maintenance of the switch. In the box, an adapter for the use of batteries in 18650 is provided, which will be useful if you do not have 20700. And, as always with this brand, a notice in French.
Given the tariff positioning, we can say that the case is largely up to the product, it is undeniable.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformation)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
First point, the box is very easy to take everywhere. Lightweight and compact, it's easy to slip into a jacket or coat pocket.
The installation of the battery and the handling of the bottle are simplified by the holes hidden behind the rear cover.
The switch is rather nice, neither too soft nor too hard. Large, you will not miss it. The conductivity is good, the copper strips are doing the job well. The vape is completely in line with what is expected of a simple battery box.
The locking system is efficient and secure.
In short, a pleasant product that is perfectly adapted to everyday life and to nomadic use.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? If you want to stay in the family the Pulse
- Description of the test configuration used: Ud Skywalkers single coil to 0.18Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A good dripper with a resistance of a value included in 0.2Ω and 0.5Ω
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Pulse is not one of the boxes that you want or dream of. No it's a very cheap box, a piece of plastic not sexy. ABS and nylon are not really what's more noble.
But now, it costs less than 40 euro. Vandy Vape offers you for this price a box full BF mechanic, compact and effective. If the materials are a little basic, finishing it, suffers no defects and the design is far from unpleasant.
Light and rather reassuring, she is an ideal companion to face the pangs of everyday life. Not "precious", you will not hesitate to take it in all your travels.
It does not suffer from any defect, we can only regret that the BF pin is fixed but we can not have everything for a fare really pulled down.
This box, if I had to compare it to a car (my favorite sport), I would say the Mehari. A simple car, plastic, cheap and suitable for all terrains. This car had nothing to become a legend and yet, today, no one has forgotten it and it has a very good market on the second hand market.
The Pulse has what it takes to win a big success: competitive, cheap, it is a perfect gateway to the Bottom Feeder. She is not yet legendary but, who knows, her arguments should ensure her a good career and there is reason to think that a lot of people should see her integrate her "stable".
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.