- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 220W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
S-Body is a Chinese manufacturer that oscillates between middle and high end. In France, it is with the Macro, a compact box oriented high-end and using a DNA, that this brand has imposed itself.
Orca 220 it, is placed on the mid-range segment. It is a double box ABS battery able to reach the 220W, which takes a form factor that has already been seen at several other manufacturers, including Teslacig.
A great price, promising performances, this Mod obviously has a lot of assets to make.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 36
- Product Length or Height in mm: 80
- Product weight in grams: 90
- Material composing the product: ABS, PC, Stainless steel.
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Orca takes a form that has already been exploited by several manufacturers. It is a trapezoidal prism with rounded edges to offer a better comfort. All in ABS, the box is very light, 56g without the batteries, the different skins are colorful patchworks that are inspired by the world of taggers and graffiti artists.
This coating offers a touch "peach skin" very nice.
In the center of the facade is an Oled screen of correct size, framed by the fire button and the bar +/- which looks like a bowtie. Both are literally blending into the colorful setting that occupies almost the entire box, except for the stage that hosts the 510 port and screen.
On this side, we also find the inevitable micro USB port.
Several scoops give a sporty character to the Box. They are obviously used to ventilate the Chipset.
The battery compartment is accessible via the rear cover. This lid is pierced with the logo of the brand S-BODY. This ornament also serves as a degassing hole. It is perfectly held in place by two magnets.
On the top of the box, we find, of course, the board that receives the 510 connectors, it can accommodate without overflow the atomizers up to 25mm.
Colorful, light and rather well finished, our Orca presents rather well for the price, at least if you like the decorations well loaded.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short-circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Vape time display of each puff, Variable overheat protection of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Like any good Electro mod that respects our Orca has all the arsenal traditionally present on this type of Mod.
Variable power mode variable over a range of 1 to 220W on resistors whose value must be between 0.08 and 2Ω.
Also present, a Bypass mode that will work with the same resistance values as the previous mode.
Next, we will find a TC mode compatible with Titanium, Ni200 and SS316. It works with the same coil value limits, from 0.05 to 2Ω.
Finally a VPC mode that is neither more nor less than a function for setting a puff.
The screen is of a comfortable size, it displays: The current mode of use, the power or the temperature, the value of the resistance, the tension, the level of the batteries, a puff meter and finally, the duration puff in progress.
Of course, this Chipset is also very well equipped in terms of security, protection, reverse polarity of batteries, protection against overheating of Chipset ...
Note that the micro USB port can recharge the battery and it allows updates to the Chipset.
A Box that really offers everything you need, or even more than you would expect for the price.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our Orca 220 is packaged in a small box as colorful as it is. We can see the box thanks to a transparent window placed on the top of the box. The name and the weight are both put forward. On the back, as often, we find a description of the content, technical specificities of the device and warnings of use.
Inside the Box, a USB cable and a record translated into French but a little too succinct for my taste.
This presentation is very close to the aesthetic style of the box and corresponds perfectly to a tariff position.
An attractive presentation for a nice product that matches pretty well.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple tissue.
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Orca is compact and light for a double 18650, if one adds to this a rounded design and a touch Soft Touch that ensure a good and comfortable grip, we can say that this Box is perfect in terms of 'ergonomics.
The electronics are quite simple to master, 5 clicks to turn the box on or off, 3 clicks to enter the choice of the operating mode and finally 2 clicks to set the VPC mode. The latter is in passing the only point a little negative because the setting interface is a little overloaded and not very readable.
The Box is responsive and the command buttons are very correct.
The vape that follows is of good level, it is not at the level of Chipset SX or DNA but we are still very good.
The charging function via the Mico-USB port works well but as we always say, it is a backup solution that is not worth using an external charger.
The autonomy is correct, the electronics seems to manage the autonomy of the batteries.
The change of these is no problem.
In the end, this little box works well and it is practical to use.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, In sub-ohm, Rebuildable Genesis
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? RDTA, Air Dripper
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with GOVAD single coil at 0.25Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: An atomizer made to send
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
You like graphs; Street Street style, so much the better because it is for me the only real real obstacle to its acquisition.
Indeed, the Box is efficient, light, comfortable and cheap.
What more? The Orca has no shortage of assets with its two 18650 batteries, it can easily run your steam plants.
I would say that it is an ideal companion for the Cloud while remaining portable and without necessarily having to have a bag.
It offers an ultra-full arsenal of Vape fashions, and my faith, it sends pretty well.
His only fault is this decoration may be a little too "rich", especially if you're like me, a little refractory to plastic boxes, preferring the class and the sober.
So there is objectively not much to blame this nice little Box and value for money should finish convincing you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.