- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 119 €
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
We no longer present the brand high end Chinese Lost Vape. This brand has decided to create original cases with the famous Evolv chipsets.
The Mirage embeds the latest DNA75 C, one of the current technical references. Animated by a simple battery which can be either an 18650, an 20700 or an 21700.
It arises as a compact box that sports a simpler design than the usual productions of the brand.
The price leaves no doubt, 119 €, we are on the high end, so let's see if the latter is up to this small financial outpouring.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 28
- Product Length or Height in mm: 93
- Product weight in grams: 175
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Mirage is a compact box and rather light. Its design is simple if you compare to the usual designs of the brand, I will say that we move from a kind of Art Deco style to a Seventies style.
A drawing imbued with a certain verticality, soft and round shapes that are found both in the main guidelines and at the level of the facade that hosts the screen and control buttons.
If the lines of the box are rather wise and consensual, the combination of material counterbalance this side a little simple. The basic structure is in black anodized aluminum. The facade is made of black plastic.
A large part of the body of the box is covered with a stabilized resin coating, colored on a basis of two dominant colors declined in multiple shades.
Let's go back to the façade that houses the characteristic color screen of DNA 75c. It is placed like a cartridge with rounded ends.
At the top, the fire button metal round shape overhangs the screen and a series of three long buttons and finally the USB port. All of these elements adopt the curvature of the side and are perfectly adjusted.
On the top, the 510 port is integrated in a 22mm plate of diameter. Pine is spring loaded.
Below, we have the battery door, a small sliding tab to open the small "door" compartment.
A somewhat unusual style for Lost Vape but, even if I'm really not a fan of stabilized resin, this box is rather pretty drawn. I would put a small flat because, if the overall achievement is good, my copy has a small defect of adjustment of the resin insert. It is not dramatic but 119 €, we are entitled to have zero defect.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the voltage of vape course, Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the personalization of its behavior by external software, Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages, Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
If you read these lines, it is almost impossible that you do not know the chipset that animates this box.
Indeed, DNA 75C is one of the current references in the field of average powers. This chipset knows almost everything, variable power and temperature control, TCR, boost function. In short, everything is there, except by-pass mode. If we add to that the ability to create the profiles of his puffs and personalize its tuning interface screens, we hold for me what is best.
FYI, the value of the resistors must be between 0.15 and 3Ω to operate the box.
The color screen is very readable and of course, you will choose the appearance, the size of characters, information to display ... thanks to the software Escribe.
At the security level, no problem, it has all the protective systems (battery polarity reversal, short-circuit protection, overheating ...).
The pin is spring loaded and your atomizers will flush up to 24mm.
The box can receive either an 18650 battery (with adapter) or the new 20700 and 21700.
The micro-USB port can occasionally be used to recharge your battery but it will be used mainly to connect your box with your PC for the use of the manufacturer software.
A box with complete features, based on the best of electronics.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Mirage makes a remarkable arrival in its big black box. On the top, a photo of the box shares the poster with its logo and name. The brand Lost Vape is placed in a corner like a signature.
On the opposite side, only the logo remains. The small sides are, they, devoted to the mandatory legal information and the various web pages of the brand on the Net and social networks.
To discover the contents of the box, you have to pull on one of the short sides to slide the drawer. Inside, our box, a small box with a USB cable and the manual in English, all this is warm in a soft foam.
A very correct set, it lacks a record translated to be at the top.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The box is not difficult to control, the navigation with the three buttons is quite intuitive, we are on something quite simple and practical. It will be all the easier as you will be able to completely create and configure the menus and thus the navigation.
By the way, the software is relatively accessible but you still have to have a small side geek to capture all the nuances of customization.
Once the settings are done, the box behaves wonderfully and delivers a perfectly regulated vape.
The box is nice for nomadic use. Light and compact, it finds its place without any problem in an inside pocket of coat or jacket.
The autonomy will be correct at reasonable power but, as soon as you climb a little in the watts, remember to have several batteries on you. The battery door is accessible and convenient to handle, hinged, you do not risk losing it by dropping it during a battery change in the street.
A nice box, efficient and really well armed for a nomadic daily.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A fairly versatile box, all types of atomizers are possible 24mm max
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with an Ares mounted to 0.9Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The choice is wide
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Lost Vape changes a little style with this box. Indeed, we are on a simpler product, lighter both in weight and in its lines. A cooler, more fun style, especially with this colored resin part.
By cons, in terms of electronics, no change, we are entitled to DNA 75 C, without a doubt one of the best chipsets on the market today. Accurate, well regulated and customizable to perfection, a real must have.
Its many strengths can convince you to pay 115 €, she won a top mod. What could have made him lose some precious points is this small adjustment defect in the aluminum resin fitting. We can tolerate that of a product to 60 € but for me, at this tariff level, the error is prohibited. I'm not saying that all Mirage will be affected by this imperfection but I think the quality control is too flexible.
The Mirage has not cured me of my aversion to the stabilized resin, I still do not like the appearance of this material but it is only a matter of personal taste and it is still hard not to recognize the convenience of its small footprint and the fact that it uses a top chipset that is worth seeing.
So if you, on the contrary, like the visual aspect of the stabilized resin, go for it is a good acquisition.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.