- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The World Of The Vape
- Price of the tested product: 44.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Hcigar made a mecha! It's not a new mod concept again and the period does not really lend itself to this kind of initiative. But he is there, and as long as we are, let's see if he is correct.
It is all options of batteries, a neat aesthetic, delivered well protected, so far no worries.
The option mecca if it seems old and too "simplistic" to some is still relevant for many of us is a choice that is reliable and "all terrain". As long as you have good, well-charged accusers, there is no risk of falling out of mod and not being able to vape.
In the inventors of the vape, we did not make a mistake (although the Ricans are at the origin of the mecha), the ancestor of the mod still holds its place!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 96
- Product weight in grams: 126
- Material composing the product: Copper, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Bunk Tubes
- Decorative style: Feminine
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Not applicable
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 12
- Number of threads: 11
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The heights and weights given above are the values for the 18650 option, here are the complete characteristics according to the chosen batteries:
- 18350: 66 mm
- 18500: 80 mm
- 18650: 96 mm
- 18350: 102 g
- 18500: 112 g
- 18650: 126 g
Good quality assemblies, both tubes and 2 caps, the nets are well machined, the mod is clean without any filings or badly deburred part. The black satin lacquer highlights the golden engraving of the angel and the coppered (and worked) ends end the object harmoniously. The locking ring of the switch is stitched over the entire surface thus providing an effective grip for its implementation. The surface in contact with the ato allows an influx of air "from below". The materials chosen (copper and brass), although more fragile than stainless steel, are also in phase with the basic use of a mecha: transporting electricity. No mistake, this object is very well designed, we will be able to move on.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18350,18490,18500,18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
No fault, I tell you, I'm looking for you can believe me, I can not find even venting vents are discreetly present: 4 holes inside the switch. The top-cap features 2 depth settings: one depending on the size of the ato connector (the black threaded insulator) and the other for fitting fit (copper-threaded pin). The switch is also adjustable, its threaded copper screw reduces or increases the tensioning stroke which although mounted spring is firm and effective. This mod takes all type of batteries in 18mm, with or without salient button.
That's it !! I found a flat:
I did not arrive despite my attempts to add an Evolv kick in 21 / 18, that said for the 650 and 490 / 500, not having under the hand of 350 I can not formally make sure that it is impossible .
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Well, it is sure that conditioning question is not the Mona Lisa ... For the record we forget, the box is hardback, its attached lid folds and holds in place thanks to 2 magnets stashed to the tear under a paper coating White. We learn on a label that the mod (or box?) Is "designed in UK" ... .. good. The mod is packaged in a transparent plastic case that you will care to throw in the recycling to avoid polluting the ball, in advance thank you.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
For ease of transport with the test ato, frankly, with the heat it makes I did not test the jacket, say that there is no discomfort to sit on it if you forget in the back pocket of the jeans, I do not dare, and as I vape dripper I have a small bag dedicated vape where I tidy everything. Drippers are like Harley-Davidson, there's always a 'tite leak ... ..I will not have fun to walk with more or less suspicious spots depending on where I pocketed the gear, (like the front pocket of the pants do you see?). To return to the mod, with the battery and a magma, we are around 220 - 230g 18650, it's not negligible and I must find something to moan a little.
Vaper with this mod is simply worry free. No latency, the switch is straight forward straight, the locking ring does not jam it does its job, no need for tools to adjust the different threaded parts, the ato is flush, the batteries have no floating, in short, it's good stuff.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650, 18500
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? everything except perhaps eGo clearos, and atos bigger than 22, for aesthetic reasons only
- Description of the test configuration used: 18650, magma and origen V3, in 0,4 - 0,6 ohm, FF2
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Weather, sun, good juice, but especially batteries adapted to the vape in mechanics!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Thank you Carlos for this loan, besides my personal interest in this kind of gear, I particularly enjoyed the reviewer and use it 3 days non-stop. In the panoply of solved vapors, it is inevitably a mechanical mod, the advantages of this type of vape are no longer to demonstrate: reliability, simplicity, efficiency, longevity ... ..
The black angel is one of those mods that we find no fault, and we can only see the good design, good workmanship, excellent conductivity ... .. moreover about this I'll tell you what that the record could have taught you if she had been present:
To maintain the optimum performance of the electrical contact elements, be sure to keep them dry, clean and unoxidized, using light abrasives (very fine) polish the switch and top-cap contacts. from time to time. Pay the same attention to the cleanliness of the metal threads (tubes and caps) especially that of the 510 connector, (the use of a brass wire brush is recommended).
I will refrain from commenting on the aesthetics but I insist on the quality of the elements lacquered, engraved, or worked both for the pleasure of the eyes than for the functional side. This mod will give you any satisfaction regardless of the length of the battery used, I take this opportunity to remind the judicious choice of the latter according to the resistance value of your ato, prefer to vault safely and use only batteries from 20A. The autonomy performance announced by manufacturers in mAh is often overestimated. It is also important to note that in IMR, the higher the CDM (in Amperes) the shorter the autonomy (in mAh), this battery chemistry still remains the most "safe" for our use in mechanics. Above 1,7 ohm, the unregulated vape (in mecha) is not interesting in terms of performance or autonomy with an 18650 4,2 V. So stay around 1 ohm to make a better performance of your batteries by preserving their performance.
To conclude this modest review, I recommend this mod, since it is now acquired, I hope at least, that a mecha is essential to any vaping predictor, you will not go wrong by getting the Black Angel, his price is justified and its durability will have made it amortize well before it lets you go .... or you let go.
Your opinions and comments are welcome, however, I will be led to moderate undesirable negative returns, remain courteous and objective, your flash tests, Thanks for reading me,
see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.