- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: LCA
- Price of the tested product: 32.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 €)
- Atomizer type: Classic rebuildable
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil, Reconstructible Classic Temperature Controlled, Rebuildable Micro Coil with Temperature Control
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
At Ehpro, one of the brand's flagship products is Billow. This RTA atomizer crosses the months and evolves, little by little, to stick to current trends.
The last evolution is the X version. An ultimate version with very cloudy orientations. 25mm of diameter, a tank of 4 or 5.5ml according to the selected tank and a large double plate post flooded with air thanks to the large arrivals.
Available at a very affordable price, this new opus obviously has the necessary arguments to compete with reference products in this tariff level found at Vandy Vape or Geekvape.
Let's see if this newcomer in the Billow range is honoring this great lineage.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25
- Length or height of the product in mm as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 45.3
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 95
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kayfun / Russian
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 5
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Number of O-rings, Drip-Tip excluded: 4
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top-Cap - Tank, Bottom-Cap - Tank
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 4
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Billow X looks like his "congeners". It is 25mm in diameter at its base but its tank, either in the normal version or "bulb", overflows slightly, which gives it a stocky side.
It is capped by a drip-tip type 810 in ultem. The top-cap is dug out of several series of 3 small notches which facilitate the unscrewing of the upper part which withdraws to perform the filling.
Billow is supplied with two tanks, a right and a bulb. To maintain these tanks, we find two "rings" which are dug the same types of notches except here, they are not grouped by three, they are arranged at equal distances all around the perimeter.
In the tank we can see the bell covering the base. Its size suggests a broad base. This bell is decorated with a stylized X and a sort of "wave".
The wide plateau is gold plated, slightly over-high, it is equipped with two fairly massive poles and offers four ports for both coils. In this way, the legs of the resistors do not cross. We can see the two large air inlets that will be stacked under the coils.
The base is equipped with an airflow ring that carry two diametrically opposite deep engravings. On one side is the mark and on the other, the name of the atomizer.
This Billow presents rather well and its quality of realization is very correct considering the price.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through a setting of the positive pad of the battery or mod on which it will be installed.
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mm maximum of the air regulation possible: 10
- Minimum diameter in mm of the air regulation possible: 0.2
- Positioning the air regulation: Under and benefiting the resistors
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Our Billow has of course a top-cap provided for top filling.
Two tanks are available in the pack, the right offers a capacity of 4ml and the bulb, it caps at 5.5ml.
The wide plateau is designed to accommodate two resistors and air arrivals are clearly large enough, which promises a vape DL very aerial. It is gold plated to improve conductivity.
The base, it receives an airflow ring that allows to vary the opening of the airholes.
The pin is fixed, it will not be a problem if your box is equipped with a spring-mounted or adjustable stud.
This Billow is quite attractive, it offers a very good value for money even if it is sorely lacking novelty.
- Type of attachment of the drip-tip: Owner only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the drip-tip present: Very good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
The Billow X has an 810 drip-tip in Ultem. It is held in place thanks to an O-ring that is placed inside the top-cap.
This mouthpiece corresponds well to the vape envisaged with this atomizer.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A small hard cardboard box where black dominates.
On the front side are the Billow's photo, the brand, the slogan and a red band that goes around the box.
On the back, no description of the content, there are just warnings about the use of the product and the normative logos.
Inside, to accompany our atomizer, we see the tank "bulb" and a small box that contains coils, joints, cotton, and spare screws.
Finally, we will find a very succinct, untranslated notice.
In short, a sober and simple presentation that is consistent with the tariff level.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Filling facilities: Easy, even standing in the street
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Billow concentrates the same qualities and the same defects as all the ultra-vaporous RTA atomizers of this type.
The mounting of the resistors is quite simple, the tray is quite large. By cons, we have no choice, it is two if nothing.
As often, it is cotton that is more delicate to dose.
It is not hard to position but the amount must be perfectly adapted to the size of your coils and the viscosity of the juice, no "juice control" here. If by chance you do not evaluate the size of your wicks, the leak will not be long.
The filling is quite easy, simply unscrew the top of the top-cap to access the two filling holes. It will be necessary to think of closing the airflow during this operation, then to put our atomizer upside down before reopening them. This small maneuver is often useful to limit the risk of filling leaks on atomizers a little capricious at this level.
The adjustment of the airflow is very simple, just turn the ring to vary the size of the airholes. I would just say that the ring is a little too firm, it is sometimes necessary to unscrew the atomizer to manage to adjust the air intake more easily.
No surprise, the flavors are rather well defined for an aerial ATR and, of course, the amount of steam is very consistent.
The Billow is not the most practical of the family to which he belongs but he is in the middle.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? An electro able to cross the bar of 50W (mini) or a multiple battery mecha.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: double coil for a value of 0.15Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The coils provided in the box seem well suited
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Ehpro offers us this new version of the Billow that includes all codes currently in vogue in the family RTA ultra air.
First of all in its measurements, with its diameter of 25mm and its reasonable height, it has a massive and stocky silhouette like many atomizers of this category.
The design is nice enough even if it does not stand out from what already exists, I will say that it is in the "visual standard" of the family.
The tray is large and roomy, there is no major difficulty in installing coils, only the cotton is a little delicate to dose to avoid leaks that can appear very easily when filling. Note in passing the mandatory use of the two resistors, nothing is provided for use in single coil.
The diameter of 25mm makes it possible to have a sufficient tank to feed for a while the large double coil tray, which is essential because the Billow is rather greedy.
The filling is done well, although it is better to close the air intake with the help of the airflow ring (a little too stiff in the way). It will also think to perform a reopening of the latter, upside down. These manipulations somewhat affect the practical aspect of this filling from above.
At the level of flavor and steam production, it is placed in the right average.
So our Billow is not a big novelty, it brings nothing more than what is already done, but it works pretty well and its price is very reasonable.
So if you're looking for a heavy cloud ATR, the Billow can easily fit into your list of possible choices but it will take a little perseverance to find the right mix of cotton, which is often the case with this type of product.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.