- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Alphamodder
- Price of the tested product: 160 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electro-Méca Bottom Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200W
- Maximum voltage: 8.4V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Friends tweetos, here is the new trendy hashtag for this fall 2017. Forget the usual wanderings of the tweetosphere, the #unelephantacatrump and other useless gadgets of political communication. Here, we enter the hard with a hashtag that will move the planet Vape: the #BDB!
The BDB is the first creation of a young Catalan moderator, Alpha Modder, who could well turn the tables or at least change the rules of the game by offering a box bottom feeder, until then we are pile-hair in the current trend , powered by two 18650 batteries and that is still rare enough to be reported in large!
Why BDB, by the way? Well, according to the fantastic mood of the Catalan bull, he will answer you: "because Bastard's Box, Bourrin's Box, Box Box or Baboon's Bouille, Boson de Bic, Barnum's Critters and other nasty variations that decency prevents me here from revealing you.
The BDB is therefore an electro-mechanical box, powered by a PWM V3 chipset whose quality is unanimously recognized, including a bottle of 11ml, a dual-battery cradle and all that is necessary to make it work. A box assembled with great care, using the best elements of the market to ensure safe, optimal performance and the practical aspects are numerous.
Available in any good shop at 160 €, the price is serious but is easily valued by the proliferation of high-end elements, the concept of dual battery and assembly work done by hand and verified over several days. We are far from some boxes in 3D printing, mechanical only, which far exceed this price for proposals that we place the kilo of plastic at the price of a kilo of gold.
The #BDB is available in black, green, blue, red, orange, purple and aluminum. For a small fee of 5 €, you can even customize it to your liking. Who can do it the least, let's discover together what could be the hype stuff of this end of the year!
Currently available at the following addresses:
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 26
- Product Length or Height in mm: 100
- Product weight in grams: 295
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Plastic Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Aesthetically, the box will look like what you choose. Indeed, notwithstanding the colors available, you can also choose the colors of the deck hardware. Thus you will have the choice between black, brass and steel for all that concerns the strapping of the potentiometer and the 510 connection, the switch and the push button which is used to squonker.
It is a parallelepiped with rounded edges, a size quite impressive but that could have been worse given the presence of two accumulators. High as a Surric, it is nevertheless deeper and less broad. All in all, even if the two products are not comparable, we are in an almost identical volume. The relative fineness of the thickness of 26mm favors grip and erases a little awesome aspect of the width that accommodates the batteries AND the bottle.
The case is made of aluminum, which has a favorable impact on the overall weight and puts the impression of massiveness into perspective. Perfectly anodized and exhilarating with a flawless finish, it features the #BDB logo on one side and your serial number underneath. The treatment is serious, well done and really gives the impression of a quasi-industrial box while it is the hand of the man who forged it. A nice compliment.
The 510 connection is a Fat Daddy Low Profile encircled here with a brass ring, equipped with a positive pin on spring, which is perfectly placed at the top of the box. On this same top-cap, we find a plastic potentiometer, in the spirit of the Hexohms and consorts, also circled in brass for a more personal and classy touch.
On the slice of command, there is a ferociously pleasant switch which produces when the support a click very frank and whose race is optimally short. No time to waste, we are on a box made to send, we support and it goes! Below, on the first quarter of the facade, there is a brass knob used to squonker on the bottle placed inside. No light to visualize the remaining liquid is a bias taken by Alpha Modder to maintain excellent structural rigidity. Anyway, this type of system largely used to squonker usually, we will do without it, all the more easily with 11ml autonomy, we have enough to see coming.
The hood allowing access to the interior of the Bargeot Bestiole is held by four magnets cleverly glued to the four corners of the room. The holding was deliberately deliberately loose enough to allow a possible ejection of the hood in case of degassing. In any case, with use, despite a very light game, it never annoys.
Inside, one discovers all the interest of a millimeter and artisanal work. The welds are perfect, each element is in place and holds its territory well. The height of gluttony, the battery cradle, worked in 3D printing, has a color matching that of the box. Ditto for the tape facilitating the extraction of the batteries. The sleeves are well laid, the plumbing system for bottom-feeding is at the top and every ounce of space has been optimized to gain in general volume.
The button on the bottle is extractable. It can be removed for cleaning when you remove the bottle. Extra attention that demonstrates a thorough study on every detail. Some will probably find this damaging, but once the bottle is in place, the button does its job remarkably well and each press sends the precious liquid in your favorite atomizer with a delicate "slurp" announcing that the package has been received by your cotton .
The potentiometer indicates three graduations (0, 50 and 100) and is easily handled with the nail. Flexible, it allows a setting on the fly following the principle oh how simple but effective of: "I rule as I like" without the need for a screen or a battery of lights to be effective.
Finishing the rendezvous of a price finally not so excessive when you compare it to other available proposals, easy grip despite a respectable size, simple but classy and customizable aesthetic ... should you pack it immediately? 😉
- Chipset type used: PWM V3
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, protection against the reversal of polarity accumulators, fixed protection against overheating resistances of the atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed a bottom atomizer
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Difficult to be choosy in front of such a surge of power. And yet, this power is perfectly channeled and offers all the desirable protections. The # BDB will work just as well in 0.2Ω to 200W on a double pig coil as in 0.5Ω single coil for a vape flavor. Of course, everything will depend on your fixtures and your atomizer but know that the BDB will follow, in any case.
The PWM V3 is an excellent chipset, already honored on the Kraken among others. A chipset that sends 40A and here uses the two batteries in series to send 8.4V out. What give the tournis and develop a significant cloud ceiling if this is your desire. But the main capabilities of this chipset are its availability, a latency close to 0 and its ability to restore the flavors in all their precision.
The extraction of the bottle is simple, just gently pull to remove the plastic pipe from the metal receptacle, unscrew the cap and fill your vial. You reposition it and presto, you can vaper. Time of the maneuver, less than 30 seconds and it is left for 11ml!
In the same way, the batteries are easy to extract with colored ribbon. The cradle is really well dimensioned and will accept all 18650 batteries thanks to the ideal flexibility of the connection tabs.
The chipset will also protect you in case of problems. It detects the polarity reversal of the batteries, protects against overloading and against too low voltages. In addition, the switch will help you put the box on stand-by by clicking 4 times on it. Same manipulation to return to the normal state of the box: lit and ready to fire.
Given the power available, be sure to use batteries with a high peak discharge current. Samsung 25R, VTC5 or 6 and other comparable models will be welcome.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The conditioning was not left to chance, to say the least. Indeed, a plastic box very in the spirit "Purge" will accompany and protect your beautiful from any awkward handling. Class ... it feels like a thriller instead of the hitman who walks in the street with his rifle in a suitcase.
The manual in French, Dutch, German and English makes a quick summary of the technical data and instructs us on the basic gestures to appropriate the box. No superficial literature but a concentrate of what is necessary to know. No more no less.
In short, a successful packaging, in the spirit of the box and consistent with the tariff.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Whether in a flavors configuration with a Hadaly BF single-coil or vape of nag with the Saturn 0.2Ω, the #BDB sends everything she has in the belly. All you need is a nail punch that is well placed to set it in step and, in the true light of your taste, defines the correct tension to be sent. It's a real pleasure to vape with this box and find greedy and apocalyptic sensations all at once.
In addition, the box is easy to live. Its autonomy, both in energy and in liquid makes it perfectly compatible with a good nomadic functioning. And autonomy, we know it's important for a Catalan (sorry, I could not help it ...). Jokes aside, there is no leakage in the bottom-feeding system, sguonk button support is very natural, the system as a whole was designed to be efficient and easy to implement. I just have to say that the result is perfect.
Perfect also this chipset that is both accurate and ultra-powerful. The rendering of vape is always generous and this, whatever the assembly. The signal fishing is bluffing and you can forget about the very concept of diesel assembly. Here, a little fingernail, a support on the switch and the cloud flies away without waiting. The particular PWM technology that sends a modulated signal in very close pulses rather than a perfectly straight signal at a very high frequency. The rendering is therefore substantially equal to a vape smooth perception, but, as a corollary, we take advantage of increased autonomy by the passages "off" and a solicitation of accus less constant. Here, this technology reaches a near perfection and very well will be the one that will make the difference with a perfectly smooth signal!
A particularly positive note on the switch, very powerful and constant. One month of use, not a missfire ... what else?
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A good RDA bottom-feeder.
- Description of the test configuration used: Flave, Hadaly, Saturn, Tsunami 24
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one that suits you best to your vape
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Oh there, beware, there are also many flaws that I would like to list now to be fully objective:
- The # BDB is not free.
- I'll have to buy one.
- Everyone will want it and so there will soon be more available.
- The liquid to add in is paying.
- It does not wake up or talk clock.
- If I say, "Siri, drive me to the city center," she does not answer.
Defects so crippling but nothing that can prevent a Top-Mod perfectly deserved for several reasons:
- Bottom-feeder boxes in double batteries are rare.
- Although it is quite expensive, it is less expensive than less well-equipped competitors.
- The chipset is an airliner!
- The packaging is a must.
- The BF works perfectly.
- It's French, Mossieur!
In short, we are on a box that will turn a lot of heads and that could well make his hole in a ruthless world or the largest industrial now threw on the Bottom Feeding like hyenas on a carrion. Our Catalan craftsman wants to stand out and the # BDB could help him faster than we think.
Ah, by the way, did I tell you that the box was guaranteed for life? Box's brothel!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.