- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Smoant
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 €)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Resistance type: Non-rebuildable owners with temperature control
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Battlestar sub-ohm Tank is rather sexy, well proportioned with its stainless steel structure and wide pyrex tank. It has a diameter of 24,5mm for a comfortable 4ml.
This clearomizer is essentially made for sub-ohm, delivered with two resistors of 0.4Ω and 0.15Ω. They are made with a resistive nickel (Ni80), rather original, since most clearomizers of this type are either kanthal or stainless steel generally. Thus, one can vaper on powers between 40W and 60W.
It is a product that can suit all markets, so those who do not dare to launch in the cloud will be able to test cheaply.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 24.5
- Length or height of the product in mm as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 38
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 58
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kayfun / Russian
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 6
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Number of o-rings, drip-tip excluded: 3
- Quality of O-rings present: Sufficient
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top-Cap - Tank, Bottom-Cap - Tank
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 4
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Standard size, the pyrex is exposed to shocks. However, the proportion between height and width of this tank mitigates the risks.
All stainless steel, each part is strong enough to complete its role without deforming.
The airflow is on the base and rotates properly with good support. Two stops on both sides allow to have both openings either fully open or fully closed. In between, they can be adjusted more precisely thanks to the ring that offers the possibility to withdraw for cleaning.
The pine is fixed and can not be adjusted, but I doubt that this is a problem.
The threads are perfect, the grip is done without flinching, as for the joints, they offer a good seal. But beware of the seal pyrex positioned down, it tends to stick to the tank when it is disassembled.
To reassemble the atomizer, remember to put this seal on the steel base before installing the tank and screw everything together. This will prevent you from damaging it.
On the removable base, a simple but clear engraving, decorates this clearomiseur. I think his name was too long to place here, so a silkscreen will fill this gap under the atomizer and around the connection.
A very correct set for the price.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through a setting of the positive pad of the battery or mod on which it will be installed.
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 8
- Minimum diameter in mm of the air regulation possible: 0.5
- Positioning the air regulation: Under and benefiting the resistors
- Spray chamber type: Chimney type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functions of this atomizer are just obvious, it's a good sub-ohm clearomizer, with a variable airflow and a fixed pin.
Easy to use, it works with proprietary resistors of 0.4Ω or 0.15Ω, for powers that oscillate between 40W and 60W. These resistances are a novelty for me because I discover they are in Ni80. We find mainly on this type of product, resistance in Kanthal, SS316 or Ni200 but rarely in Ni80. Nevertheless, they work really well with a good taste and a steam typed sub-ohm assured.
The announced vape powers are compliant and I will add that the temperature range for optimal operation is between 180 ° C and 230 ° C.
The simplicity of use is just fabulous but does not allow to change resistance when the tank is full.
The filling is done at the top by pushing the top-cap that slides and reveals a rather comfortable filling hole.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a drip-tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Short
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
The drip-tip is a black drip-top, straight and straight in PMMA. The interior is tapered to have a base opening of 7mm in diameter and the opening on the top is 12mm. Thus the sub-ohm aspiration remains reasonable and sufficient but not exceptional.
This drip-top can easily be replaced if you feel like the connection is standard.
The material is enough to dissipate the heat on the lips so as not to burn you.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is perfect, what more!
The box remains classic white cardboard, relatively solid and dressed in yellow and black.
The atomizer is well protected, propped up by a foam. It is already equipped with a Ni80 0.4Ω proprietary resistor and is associated with a user manual and a warranty. There is also a bag that contains some extra seals with a special seal for the top-cap at the fill level.
There is also an additional pyrex tank and a dual coil Ni80 resistor from 1.5Ω.
Note that the record is just sufficient in two languages: English and Chinese only.
A reasonable packaging for its price range.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the mod of the test configuration: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistors: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, this clearomizer is very easy, as is its assembly / disassembly.
It is enough to choose its resistance, among the two proposed and to screw this last on the base.
Then put the tank and screw the top-cap. The filling hole is of sufficient width and I have not noticed any loss of liquid by the airflows when they are open.
After refueling, the leaflet recommends five minutes of waiting for the capillary to be soaked but it took me only two.
The vape: Of course, the resistance of 0.15Ω provides a denser and thicker vapor than the first in 0.4Ω but the difference is not as obvious as I would have thought. On the other hand, what struck me a lot was the consumption of liquid which seemed to me much superior to other clearos sub-ohm with the two resistances. Is it matter? ... I do not know it.
In temperature control, the liquid consumption remains the same with a vape that is substantially the same. However, in terms of battery consumption, I advise you to favor this vape because the energy consumed is less important and your accusers will thank you.
The only downside for me is to not be able to change resistance whenever I want. It will be necessary to empty the tank, either by steaming all, or by throwing the remaining juice, to change the resistance.
No leaks found, no glouglou, this little Battlestar sub-ohm Tank works wonderfully well but consumes a lot.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronic
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? a mod proposing the temperature control (Electronics).
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: With the box Battlestar mini 80W
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one used in test
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
There is no doubt, this Battlestar Sub-ohm Tank really plays in the big leagues to compete with the best rebuildable sub-ohm and high power market and is a clearomizer.
Between 40W and 60W, these are powers that go very well, it is still very energy-consuming and will disappear your liquid in a short time. However, in temperature control, if the juice is not spared and 4ml engulfed in one fell swoop, the batteries will be, in part, preserved from this overconsumption of electricity while keeping an approximate temperature of 180 ° C .
This being so, we have a very good rendering and a warm vapor, with a beautiful dense vapor.
No dry hit, no leak, very simple use for direct inhalation.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.