- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Myfree-cig http://myfree-cig.com/
- Price of the tested product: 219 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The association of the two modellers "pinoy" was born the Dos Equis, a full mechanical box double accu, here in its livery copper / delrin limited to 100 copies for the whole globe, to the measurements worthy of an anorexic top model !
In other words, an object intended for informed collectors.
But there are other versions with different finishes and less limited draw.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 47
- Product Length or Height in mms: 77
- Product weight in grams: 155
- Material composing the product: Copper
- Type of Form Factor: Box flat - type Emech
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The box of very small size is quite light, allowing a very good grip, the flush switch does not break the pure lines of the Dos Equis.
The switch however is quite hard, which will prevent "lose fire" when the box is slipped into your pocket.
You will have to be careful if you carry your box in a bag filled with keys and other metal objects.
But we will come back to it a little further down.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The use of the box is very simple but you will have to respect some rules to be in total safety.
Its connector, although not 510, is not really one. Let me explain, there is not really a "plot" connection on the Dos Equis. Indeed, your atomizer will rely on a floating contact plate connected directly to the batteries.
To mount a "safe", you must choose a 510 pine atomizer protruding to avoid the risk of short circuit.
Once your atomizer chosen and mounted on the box, you can then insert without fear your batteries in the direction you want but it is imperative that they are both in the same direction.
You will finally tighten the two huge brass screws to ensure the contact between your batteries and the platinum floating.
And not to risk the short circuit, think to loosen the said screws before storing your box in your bag, bag, toolbox and other sack ... (yes, there's still 😯)
To finish on a good note, the volt-drop is ridiculously low on the Dos Equis, I measured it at 0.08V.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Conditioning quite simplistic ... indeed your Dos Equis will be delivered in a small belt bag with a cloth to take care of the beautiful.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
As you have read above, there are certain rules to respect with Dos Equis to use them safely:
1- mount an atomizer with an 510 pin protruding.
2- you insert your batteries.
3- we vape and we have fun.
4- loosen the batteries before storing the box.
So nothing insurmountable for who wants to have fun with an exceptional box.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Nothing scares him, all the atomizers will pass on this box provided to have a lower resistance to 1ohm to take advantage of its potential
- Description of the test configuration used: different atomizer with resistance between 1ohm and 0.1ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Any atomizer with a resistance below 1ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
What more about the Dos equis that has not already been said ....
We could talk about its size very contained for a double battery box?
We could talk about his Volt-drop almost nonexistent?
Some will criticize the fact that we can easily put the box in "fire" by connecting the two brass caps with a simple key and we must be careful not to put away with keys and other metal parts without sound bag.
To those, I would answer very simply by recalling the bases of the mecha. At the time when the tube mode was raging, we took good care to lock its switch before storing his mod but since the advent of electronics and its multiple security, no one is careful about anything ...
Already, such an object should not drag in the bottom of a bag, we take care of his Dos Equis!
Then the Dos Equis is a box "mecan" so the rules that we applied to our good old tubes are here the same and still relevant.
Another huge thank you to Xavier for the loan of the back Equis who does not leave me anymore.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.