- Sponsor who has loaned the product for the magazine: Do not wish to be named.
- Price of the tested product: 39.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf, the Joyetech brand satellite, is a "reference" and essential player in the ecosystem of the vape. The Shenzhen giant Ismoka Electronics Co, created in 2008, continues to flood the market by its uninterrupted flow of productions and novelties. While some models have been able to fish in certain areas, it must be recognized that the majority of production is made up of essential references, such as the iStick and its many variations.
And reference, the Aster 75W that I will evaluate may well become one. In any case, on the "paper" it already offers a panel of rather flattering arguments.
No revolution but the known and tested; on the other hand, his look is innovative. Exit the shape of cube or pavé or ovoid and so on.
The geometry of this box changes our habits. As usual, there will be fans ... and those who do not adhere, but the small size and grip is a disconcerting convenience.
Accu 18650 (not supplied), 75W, all temperature controls for different resistive, we are indeed on a mod of 2016 perfectly "fitting" with his time.
The icing on the cake and as usual, Eleaf offers an entry-level price on which many of its competitors will be able to break their teeth. 39,90 €. Eh yes !
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 91
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Beautiful quality of different materials composing the Aster. The assembly of the mod is clean, perfectly assembled and inspires confidence.
The general quality is such that one would believe in the presence of a box of a much higher price.
Available in brushed aluminum, black, gray, white or pink, the choice of colors is vast, although personally I opt for the brushed aluminum of my test model, which fits like a glove.
The cover of the battery door is perfectly magnetized, without play or approximation in the finish. Once opened, the interior of the cradle is just as "clinical", nothing exceeds, it is clean and square. I just noticed the absence of degassing holes on the body of the box.
The switch and the buttons of the interface are well inserted, without excessive game. As for their responsiveness, it's perfect and there is nothing wrong.
The weight of the Aster is relatively contained (150g) and its particular shape allows a quick grip that quickly becomes obvious.
Once again, for the price, this box seems to be a good deal.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Messages from clear diagnosis
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22.1
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Aster chipset, from Joyetech and identical to the eVic VTC mini, allows you to choose between several modes of vape: variable power (VW), Bypass, Smart and Temperature Control for son in SS, Ni, Ti + a TCR mode M1, M2 and M3.
The chipset is upgradeable via your computer (PC or Mac) connected to the Eleaf website. This function is important because you can customize the screen of your interface, but most importantly, to benefit from the latest updates. It is essential for the use of Smart mode that we will detail below.
As usual, 5 clicks locks or unlocks the box and 3 allows you to navigate through the different menus.
Variable power: accepts resistances from 0.1 to 3.5Ω. In this mode, you can increment 0,1W to adjust the power of 1 to 75W.
TC and TCR: This mode accepts resistances in Ni, Ti and SS from 0.05 to 1.5Ω. For resistive wires that are not in the parameterized list, simply select one of the 3 modes in memory and apply the temperature, and therefore the heating coefficient that you wish to see delivered by the mod.
Bypass: This mode mimics the operation of a mod meca, except that your protection remains assured by electronic security. Reassuring.
Smart: this mode is an automatic mode. Here, you let the box manage the settings for you. According to your ato and editing, it will detect the set-up to define the most efficient setting. On the other hand, essential update of the Aster: Here, download link updates.
The connection is made via a pin 510 mounted on spring and obviously, the box is equipped with all software firewalls to ensure your safety, as the reversal of polarity, the excessive discharge of the battery and other surges.
A reminder for my memory as I write this review at a time when the media are hot gorges about the explosion of batteries. On a mod, same electro, which sends 75W, we do not put anything. Small booster shot: Here
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
In this chapter too there is no great criticism to make. Only the absence of a French translation of the notice is to be noted.
For the rest it's the level Eleaf has accustomed us to; beautiful, good ...
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? weakly
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
There, it will go quickly. The Aster is so simple in its setting and use; a delight.
Only slight downside for me, do not have the visible voltage in variable power mode.
That's all !
Okay, I personally have a mini eVic VTC 75W and I know his chipset and vape procured. But the Aster is even less voluminous and even better "finished". I found, moreover it's weird that (?!), That autonomy was even better ...
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? RDA, RBA, whatever, everything goes to 22 mm diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: Zenith Dripper, Bellus & Avocado 22
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Yours
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Obtaining this "Top Mod" is not a surprise.
To the sorrowful souls imagining us in the pay of the giants of this industry just puberty I say: try and you will see! Objectively.
The Aster has all the arguments to become the best ally to fight against this addiction that is the cigarette of tobacco but will also become the best companion of road.
Not very large, with a different aesthetic, endowed with a good autonomy and having a chipset that ensured the success of its famous cousin eVic mini VTC, here is a summary of the arguments that will allow the Shenzen giant a deserved success.
In addition, unless 40 €, do not throw more, the basket is full.
See you soon for new hazy adventures,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.