Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: Ekoms
- Price of the tested packaging: 22.90 €
- Quantity: 50ml
- Price per ml: 0.46 €
- Price per liter: 460 €
- Juice category according to the price per ml previously calculated: Entry level, up to 0.60 € ml
- Nicotine dosage: 0mg / ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 65%
- Presence of a box: No
- Are the materials in the box recyclable ?:
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Flexible plastic, usable for filling, if the bottle is equipped with a mouthpiece
- Cap equipment: Nothing
- Tip Feature: End
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Display PG-VG proportions in bulk on the label: Yes
- Wholesale nicotine dosage display on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 3.77 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Manufacture Toulouse since 2013 in the ecosystem of the vape, Ekoms has been able to find a place in the plethoric supply of vapors.
With a relatively complete catalog, our southerners work with seriousness and obstinacy. Guarantee of this involvement: the integration of the elaboration committee of the AFNOR standard on e-liquids with (voluntary) standards even more stringent than those proposed by the TPD.
Our potion of the day is the Aoda, only proposed in large format of 20ml or 50ml. About us, Ekoms wisely sent us a bottle of 50ml.
These two versions are obviously nicotine-free and in overdosed flavors allowing the addition of nicotine base or not according to the needs of each.
The ratio PG / VG stands at 35 / 65 before allowing us to achieve beautiful clouds without missing the flavors.
The resale price generally found is 22,90 € for 50ml.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: Yes
- Presence of relief markings for the visually impaired on the label: No
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: No
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch number on the label: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 4.5 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
Without the addictive substance, the display requirements are much less important.
Nevertheless, Ekoms offers us a product with "French standards" enjoying a high level of security.
Not mandatory, I would have nevertheless appreciated a pictogram for the visually impaired, always laudable attention to a public facing the handicap.
Appreciation of the packaging
- Does the graphic design of the label and the product name agree ?: Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in line with the price category: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 5 / 5
Comments on the packaging
There is really nothing to complain about except perhaps praise. Very clearly, Ekoms has turned to image professionals and spent the necessary budget efforts when a brand wants to make its mark on a very richly supplied sector.
- Color and product name agree ?: Yes
- Does the smell and product name agree ?: Yes
- Definition of odor: Anise, Herbaceous, Fruity, Menthol
- Definition of flavor: Aniseed, Herbaceous, Fruit, Minty
- The taste and the name of the product, do they agree ?: Yes
- Did I like this juice ?: Yes
- This liquid reminds me of: The Red Astaire
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
The description is not in doubt. The Aoda is a competitor of the famous Red Astaire.
"A powerful invocation of red fruits sublimates a fresh blend of anise, eucalyptus and menthol."
Often copied but rarely equaled, how are Ekoms flavorists going to get by? ...
The first impression is that of a more rounded juice with less roughness and aggressiveness. The percentage of vegetable glycerine is not foreign and it "sticks" rather well to the recipe.
The aromas are precise, fine and rather subtle. The dosages are perfectly made to obtain a very homogeneous juice and obvious alchemy.
Menthol and anise are totally under control to calm the heat, their presence is at the service of red berries that express themselves best in a well-balanced freshness.
The aromatic power is moderate. The hit obtained by my potion at 3mg / ml is light. The holding and the rest in the mouth are well calibrated. The status of allday is obtained handily.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 35W
- Type of vapor obtained at this power: Dense
- Hit type obtained at this power: Light
- Atomizer used for the review: Dripper Zenith & Bellus Rba UD
- Value of the resistance of the atomizer in question: 0.5Ω
- Materials used with the atomizer: Kanthal, Inox, Cotton
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
Versatile, the juice will accommodate many atomizing devices.
For my part and as usual, I opted mainly for a dripper, rather oriented flavors to settings and reasonable settings.
- Recommended Moments of the Day: Morning, Aperitif, All afternoon during the activities of everyone, Early evening to relax with a drink, Late night with or without herbal tea, The night for insomniacs
- Can this juice be recommended as an All Day Vape: Yes
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.42 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
My mood ticket on this juice
Of course the Aoda does more than evoke the famous best-seller English red color recognizable among a thousand.
Ekoms, however, did not engage in plagiarism. As proof of this, I want the name, perfectly remote and unrelated or any other connection with the potion to which I refer.
The recipe Toulouse is indeed an original recipe.
Red fruits, anise, eucalyptus and menthol to offer a fruity and fresh vape.
The alchemy of this set is obvious and benefits from a precise dosage of aromas to play it subtle and delicate.
Personally, I do not like the Red Astaire and these aromas were a little sad. Is it for this reason? In any case, this proposal did not rebuff me and I even bring him some membership.
Maybe lovers of the taste category will scream haro on what they consider to be a cloning, personally all the criteria are obtained to make Aoda juice very good.
See you soon for new hazy adventures,
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.