- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 74.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 100W
- Maximum voltage: 7.5V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
In recent times, we have seen a whole lot of compact boxes carrying an 21700 battery able to talk to the 100W.
Asmodus, the Chinese brand that places itself on a sort of invisible border between mid-range and high-end had to release its model.
The Amighty 100W is the answer of the Chinese brand.
A Box that can work with 21700, 20700 and even 18650 batteries through an adapter. Touchscreen, chipset (GX-100UTC) multimode home, in short, all the aficionados of the firm at the helm of the ship like to find on their Box.
Let's see if this new small bomb is on course.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Product Diameter in mm: 31 X 44
- Product Length or Height in mm: 88
- Product weight in grams: 190
- Material composing the product: Steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of UI Buttons: Touch
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Vapelier's note on quality feelings: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
TheAmighty 100W is positioning itself on the market of compact powerful single 21700. She adopts a style that finds its inspiration in the world of firearms.
Indeed, the Box takes the form of a handful of assault rifle or pistol. We do not make finesse, the lines inspire robustness, and in the end, even if the Box is quite compact, it reveals a massive side, a certain "heaviness".
In the almost central position on the "façade", there is a color OLED touch screen. Just above, placed under a kind of small cornice, the fire button plastic square shape decorates the logo of the mark. And below the screen, there is the presence of the indispensable micro-USB port.
On each side, Asmodus is in a deep engraving, in my case, it is colored in red which is the most beautiful effect even if one it could make believe that our Chinese friends have a little "big head". While the brand is very "exposed", the name of the Box does not appear, him, nowhere, a choice a little strange I find.
The rear part, it is rounded and removable to give access to the cradle that hosts the battery. It is mostly covered with a kind of faux leather that reproduces a carbon fiber pattern. We also note that the top of this piece flares out to provide a very good stability in the palm of the hand.
The box is well assembled, no approximation, the rear cover is perfectly adjusted, the fire button is well set, in short, the realization is pretty good.
The top-cap is equipped with a spring loaded 510 port, so no worries of "flushitude" as long as you do not exceed the 26mm diameter.
The bottom cap, it receives the normative logos and the degassing holes.
Everything would be almost perfect if there was not a little problem of covering. Indeed, the model at my disposal is dressed in a beautiful black matte, with a soft touch. Unfortunately, we have already seen on other models that this type of coating is rather fragile, and once again, it is still found on this Amighty. I test it only a few days and I already have several small splinters of paint and I specify that I take care of the products that I am entrusted. We can also see on social networks photos shared by users disappointed by this aspect, and frankly, given the state of their Box after a few weeks, we understand without any trouble this disappointment.
A pretty nice box but obviously, avoid the black color because it is really too fragile.
- Type of chipset used: Owner (GX-100UTC)
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the voltage of vape course, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Adjusting the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1 (18650 / 20700 / 21700)
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The new chipsetAsmodus GX-100-UTC offers you a wide choice of modes of vape.
First, a variable power mode that offers a setting that ranges from 5 to 100W.
Then, no less than three modes in temperature control are offered to us: the TC, TCR and TFR on which you will be able to vary the temperature of your Coil from 100 ° to 300 ° C and the maximum power between 5 and 60W.
Note that the power limit is set to 35A.
TC modes are compatible with Ni200, Titanium, SS 304, 316, and 317. If the TC and TCR modes are not unknown to you, the TFR proposes a correction of the heating coefficient depending on the temperature.
Finally, there is a "Curve" mode that gives you the opportunity to build the profile of your puff in 5 points. You adjust the power and duration of each range.
The range of resistance recognition ranges from 0.1 to 3Ω.
No worries in terms of security, the chipset is well equipped and therefore allows you to be protected from most known risks.
The Box is animated with the choice, either by an 21700 battery (the most interesting), by a 20700 or by an 18650 (supplied adapter). The Box offers a troubleshooting reloading solution thanks to the micro-USB port that allows a charging power of one ampere.
At this level, Asmodus we therefore offers the same options as usual, the small novelty is the transition from the screen to the color.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The presentation of the brand's products is always the same. A cardboard box equipped with a large transparent film window that allows you to discover the Box. On the other sides of the small pavement, the logo, the name of the box, the scratch code and on the back the description of the product and the main characteristics of the product.
Inside, you'll find the Box, a USB cable, an 18650 battery adapter and a manual, unfortunately, it is not translated into French.
A correct packaging even if I'm not a fan, I always found that this presentation did not correspond very well to the claims "upscale" of the brand but it is a very personal opinion.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple handkerchief
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Amighty 100W is not the most compact in its class but it remains portable without any particular artifice. Its shape offers good ergonomics and comfort, although I think it could have been a bit less thick.
Regulars of the brand will immediately find their marks at the level of orders since it remains on the touch screen system. For others, it will be slipped right, left, up and down, it's a bit special at first but it is done. To put it simply unlock the screen by sliding down, finally simple if you want, with me it works one time out of three. But if like me you have trouble with this command, you can opt for the "triple tap" in the setup menu, action for me is easier to implement.
The screen without being huge offers a good resolution and offers for the first time, I believe for Asmodus, the colour.
Once unlocked, we touch or "rub" the screen to change the settings according to his desires. We like it or not but the system is proven and has its fans. Autonomy is quite suitable with a 21700, the chipset handles the load well.
The box is reactive, the chipset is well done, the vape is well regulated, it is not a Yihi or a DNA but it is very correct.
The reload function will only be a troubleshooting solution, we are on a load at 1A and the mark clearly indicates that this system is not ideal.
A box in the usual lineage of the brand and which is rather practical (if we like the control system, I'm more personal buttons) and pleasant to use.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A good RTA
- Description of Test Configuration Used: Associated with GOVAD VANDY VAPE with resistance to 0.6Ω and Ares Innokin
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your favorite atomizer, the box is quite versatile
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I am not a regular user of the brand AsmodusI have never had a crush on a product of this brand and I do not like the touch screen and its control procedures.
I admit, however, that the discovery of this newcomer, I found rather not bad.
Indeed, the design and the good grip immediately pleased me.
So I left with a completely neutral look and I must admit that my first impressions were positive, despite my aversion to the touch controls associated with the screen.
The resulting vape is of good level, the autonomy is correct and thus the drawing pleasant.
So why a note from 3.9 only will you say?
I could tell you simply because I do not particularly like Asmodus but it would be neither true nor very correct.
No, what made me switch is the painting of the model that I was given. The paint is beautiful at the base and the soft touch is always nice but we know, this type of coating ages badly. And that is saying little because the painting began to jump almost the first day and after a week of testing, I already have about ten points where the black jumped. I hope that the other available colors do not suffer from this defect because frankly, it's a bit bad to see this type of wear after a few days of use especially as I specify, I'm quite cautious.
This average rating does not reflect a malfunction, theAmighty, let's be clear, this box works very well. But frankly this black finish is shameful limit, I have rarely seen such a fragile painting.
So if you have followed well, go there if this small machine tempts you but avoid the black color at all costs.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.