- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Myfree cig
- Price of the tested product: 159.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Gp Custom Alum V2 is a box meca dual 18650 mounted in parallel. Its price places it directly in the luxury category. It is a high-end box but homemade, hand-crafted and not on a digital machine. We are facing the V2, which makes corrections to the problems that some have encountered on the V1 and which, I am sure, have deterred many buyers ready to succumb to its undeniable charm. Its design immediately inspired me one of my famous comparisons but I keep it for the end ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 45
- Product Length or Height in mms: 101
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Wood, Stanless Steel grade 304
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Alum V2 is a box that breathes craftsmanship. The T6 aluminum monobloc frame is hand machined. Everything is splendid even if, as you will see in the different photos, there are no two identical angles. The side panels are made of Kamakong wood, a very strong precious wood. The top cap panel is made of malawin wood, a softer wood, there is 510 stainless steel 304 connection in which is set a clay ring on which appears the serial number and the signature of the creator Gatub. Really, it's a beautiful piece and even the machining defects reinforce the personality of this object. Indeed, you are sure that your model is unique and this is the charm of this kind of product. This is your model and there will not be two identical and for me, it makes you look at these machining approximations from another eye. All elements of the connectors are copper, which ensures a very good conductivity.
This box pleases me more and more, here are some pictures to immerse you in this unique object of its kind.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical, Alternative
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 2.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Alum V2 is a box meca double 18650, nothing more. No screen, no adjustment, no security, or even a switch lock system. So not much to say, except that the pine is floating, even if its solidity leaves some doubts, it allows a montage flush. Having two batteries mounted in parallel, it is a greater limit of amperage so more security for those who practice the subohm. We prefer 22mm atomizers to limit the risk of touching the frame of the box.The drop volt is -0.11, which means that if your battery is full and sending 4.21v, the output voltage will be 4.1v, so we have good conductivity.
That's what there is to say on this box. Let's be clear, we do not choose it for all its features, it does not. Finally, yes, it allows to vaper well.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The note is low while the box is great. Indeed, the box arrives in a bamboo cage. This adds to the original and artisanal look of this box. But we regret not to find a manual with wood maintenance recommendations for example or recommendations for safety and the rather low note comes from there. Indeed, for potential beginners, it turns out a little embarrassing. However, I remain very positive about this super original packaging.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This box is easy to live. With a correct size for a double 18650, its implementation is childish. We put two identical imr high drain batteries, loaded at the same level, this is easily done since the two wooden panels are removable. We screw his ato, and we fire. There, we get a smooth vape type mecha who, in my opinion, remains the most pleasant vape. The two batteries will give you a very correct autonomy. On the paper you can get the resistance of your ato 0.08 ohm. I would not venture, I'm not sure that the copper springs are shock, but perso with my Orchid mounted double coil 0.4 ohm, I'm good and I feel that I can go down without problem.
No really, this box is super nice to use. The grip is comfortable and the switch neither too soft nor too hard. The race of the latter is short.
At this level, I tell you, I think I'm falling in love with this box.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? a good dreeper or an atomizer rba double coil all in 22mm
- Description of the test configuration used: orchid v3 double coil at 0,40ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Dreeper double coil around 0.3 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
So what makes me think this box drum roll:
A what? A woodie, you know, those cars where wood and steel are mixed and that have long been the reference cars of our surfers friends.
Yes, this craft box, breathes the Beach Boys spirit. She is "cool" and I love this wood design associated with metal is just too good 😯! The 510 connector set with this ceramic ring completely reinforces this spirit.
Yes, it is full of imperfections, but these approximations are the identity of each box Alum, that's what gives it a unique character. I'm sure I could differentiate the 617 from the 616 without seeing the serial number and without any problem. No need to engrave your name on it.
A good vape smooth mechanic, not a miss fire, no setting, it's all that I also appreciated.
Add to that that this is the last box manufactured not GP Custom since the two partners have separated and you have in the hands a rare and collector's item.
In conclusion, if you like it and you find one, do not hesitate and go for it !!!
Thanks to Myfree-cig for this loan.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.