- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyFree-Cig
- Price of the tested product: 135 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 100 euros)
- Atomizer type: Classic rebuildable
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Classic Reconstructible Temperature Control
- Supported Bit Type: Cotton, Fiber Freaks Density 1, Fiber Freaks Density 2, Fiber Freaks Yarn 2 mms, Fiber Freaks Cotton Blend
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Finally ! This is a little masterpiece that will delight many.
The Atmomixani Alpha is an atomizer made for a daily vape in single coil that requires a little bit of dexterity in the implementation of the wick (and that's it). It has an original engraved tray and a non-threaded bell that comes into motion to avoid dry hits. You will succumb to this atomizer that takes without difficulty liquids loaded with vegetable glycerin to restore a smooth and voluminous vape to a reasonable power.
This atomizer is a very nice surprise but above all a great discovery for me with the great pleasure of re-vaper on my Nemesis (Atmomixani Mechanical Mod) in a time when electronic boxes flood us.
With the Alpha, you do not need any more artifice to get the class!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 53
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 75
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Kayfun / Russian
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 7
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 8
- Quality of O-rings present: Very good
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 3
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Elegant with a sober look to Kayfun, this atomizer is made of stainless steel, in a matte finish. His tank is in PMMA but also exists in Pyrex.
All the threads are perfectly machined, the finishes are superb and the engravings on the bell with the serial number are beautifully made.
As for the plateau, the work is exceptional. You can put your fingers in every corner, nothing cuts, not even the clamping screws to fix your resistive. A marvel of patience that is seen in the choice of joints that are doubled and whose quality is much higher than most of those who equip the atomizers of the market.
While the weight is 75 grams, but it is the weight of the material and especially the thickness of the material that makes the object solid and good consistency, so be reassured, it will not deform at the slightest shock. It is a high-end product whose price is justified in my opinion, by its beautiful overall quality.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment, the assembly will flush in all cases
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 8
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Excellent
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The first functional quality of the Alpha is the simplicity of editing. Fixations for the resistive on the studs are slightly offset to obtain a right coil the first time.
The air flow is not very aerial because it is suitable for a vape around 20 watts. However, it allows a direct inhalation barely restricted but sufficient with total 6 holes (3 X 2).
The engraved tray leaves a large space for the wick to be completely soaked and unimpeded, so the capillarity is ideal.
The bell is not screwed to the tray but placed and fixed by a screw that leaves a little play to allow it to move slightly. This little game is very clever and allows the bell, during suction, to barely lift to let enough liquid whatever its fluidity to properly soak the wick. Generally, during suction, a compression is created and sometimes helps to promote dry hits. However, with this system, it becomes mission impossible (provided always to respect the equilibrium of the assembly between Ω and W).
The heat dissipation is also well controlled and at no time did my atomizer heat up.
For the brass pine, a pleasant surprise, because not only is it adjustable, but also because it is screwed and unscrewed in reverse by reverse threading. This is a very good thing because it often happens that the pin moves by screwing the atomizer on the mod and that the contacts are elusive because of an unexpected screwing. With system, this is simply not possible anymore.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? No, the vapoteur will have to buy a compatible drip-tip, in order to be able to use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: No drip tip present
- Quality of the present drip-tip: No present drip tip
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
There is nothing to say about the drip tip since it is not provided and as every time I regret that a luxury product is not delivered with the appropriate accessories.
The drip-tip is for me inseparable from the atomizer sold and must be effective in being in the aesthetics of the object. Not for Atmomixani apparently, maybe in order not to increase the purchase price? I do not know.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is a luxury product that deserves better. Your Alpha is delivered in a pretty navy blue velvet pouch with two additional seals for the Pyrex tank, a spare screw to fix the bell and a Allen key.
But it is often the packaging offered by Atmomixani for its products. Too bad no record is delivered to explain the position of the wick and / or assembly.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the mod of the test configuration: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but needs to empty the atomizer
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occur
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use of the product remains simple and the engraved tray gives a lot of room to mount in simple coil. In addition, the holes on the studs are slightly offset to position your resistance so be careful when making your turns, start on the right side.
Nothing is complicated about the Alpha, just know how to put the wick. I tested two ways:
– The first is classic but not very effective : I insert my wick and I fall back on the engrave that forms "a kind of walk". My resistance made with a kanthal of 0.3mm on a support of 3mm, I made 6 turns for a result of 1Ω, I steamed between 16 and 20 watts and despite that to 16 watts with a wick well soaked resting on the plateau I still had some light dry hits. The more I build up my power, the more they are numerous.
– The second is recommended : I insert my lock in the resistance, I share each piece of wick in two and I spread it evenly on the board as in the photo below, with two pieces that pass behind the studs and the two others are on the engrave.
The realized resistance makes 1.3Ω with a kanthal of 0.3mm on a support of 3mm and 8 turns, I steamed between 16 and 22 watts. I have absolutely no worries, no gurgling, no dry hit, a round vape and very nice. A fabulous restoration of flavors with a nice dense steam.
I used a 90% VG fluid for my test to see if the viscosity would be a problem for this atomizer, conclusion: NO!
For filling, it's a breeze, just unscrew the top cap and gently pour the contents of your bottle directly into the tank. However to change your resistance, it will be necessary to empty the tank before.
The pin is adjustable but it has an inverted thread, which is an advantage so as not to risk that it is screwed as and when manipulations.
The air flow is provided with two sets of three holes. It is not an extremely aerial atomizer but enough to be able to have a direct inhalation. So an ideal flavor / steam match.
Only small constraint: the change of tank. Because there is a replacement Pyrex tank sold separately for the Alpha. This tank is sold with two seals that are very similar to those already present on the atomizer, except they are barely finer for the pyrex tank is perfectly in place.
But to change these joints, it requires to completely disassemble the base of the atomizer by removing the pin, then with the allen key out the tiny screw, unscrew the bottom tray and finally slide the airflow ring. Finally, you must swap the red joints present with those provided with the pyrex.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? mechanical mod or mod electro under 20watts
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: resistance greater than 1Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: mod meca with resistance around 1.3Ω
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Congratulations to the owners of the Alpha and future buyers, it is a very good choice and it is especially a beautiful object.
The Alpha is an atomizer made to vape daily with beautiful flavors, on resistances and average powers, with an honorable vapor density. A very round vape that makes liquids creamy thanks to an airflow that allows direct inhalation not too much air.
This atomizer in simple coil is easy to use, it is only the positioning of the wick that requires attention, so it is done to vaper on powers around 20W for resistances of 1.2Ω about (c in my experience, his favorite beach)
I regret the absence of the drip tip for a luxury product but it must be admitted that this wonderful ato was thought in every detail and machined majestically to offer the vaper an object of choice with superior materials. It will agree ideally with a nice mechanical mod such as the Nemesis of the same modeller in 18650 or 18350 format (Tested and approved;))
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.