- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Oxygen shop
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 210 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohm of resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The box Alien will awaken your side Geek thanks to the multitude of settings that the box offers. Of course, this model is not intended for first-time buyers, but well and confirmed vapers, loving the picky settings.
Smoktech also bet on the visual aspect of the box, its OLED screen gives you a good visibility and its size does not leave insensitive 17,5 mm by 17,5 mm. In other words, there will be no problem for readability. The trigger switch system is nice to use, nothing to do with the Xcube.
Let's see all this in more detail below.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 43.95
- Product Length or Height in mms: 85
- Product weight in grams: 232
- Material composing the product: Zinc alloy, carbon
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
I particularly like the design of this box, I find it racy because of its gold curved lines. The lines come in three colors, Gold, Red or Black. On the back of the box, a carbon plate is encrusted, which complements its unique look.
Its trigger switch located on the side is easily accessible because it measures 68,10 mm height, impossible to miss ^^.
The battery door is made of aluminum, and the two nipples used for closing only measure two millimeters. I am a little skeptical about their behavior in time. Many traps like this one do not take very long in general, and on this model I must say that it is still necessary to force to close it.
The box works with two 18650 batteries placed in series to enjoy maximum power and autonomy. Their insertion is done from below and the direction is indicated on the hatch. However, if you make a mistake, the box will not turn on. It is equipped with reverse polarity security.
Its screen is magic, a super retro lighting and a huge readable surface: 306,25mm². No less than 9 simultaneous information appear such as:
- Charge of the accus
-Vape mode (W or TC)
-Value of resistance
-The number of puffs
-Fashion used (soft, normal, hard)
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the power of the vape course, Display of the vape time of each puff, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Adjustment of the display brightness
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The box offers 3 different modes of use. W mode (power), TC (temperature control and memory (pre-settings by resistive material types and their heating coefficients) In W mode you can use resistors ranging from 0,10 Ω to 3 Ω. Support the Ni 200, Titanium and SS you can put resistors from 0,06 Ω to 3 Ω and set the degrees of 100 ° to 315 ° C.
I think the memory mode a little exaggerated because it has no less than 22 programming, I want to have a side Geek but there, it is a little too much !!!
In the Puff setting, you can reset the number of puffs taken, and set the maximum number of puffs for the day. During inhalation, the duration of vape is displayed on the screen.
In the settings you can adjust the brightness of the screen, disable it during vape sessions. You will also be able to update the chipset.
The micro USB port on the front, apart from being able to perform the update, is planned to be able to recharge the batteries of your mod. Personally I prefer to recharge via an external charger to be sure that the load of each unit is done correctly.
The thread of the 510 stud is of good quality and its spring-loaded brass pin promises a "flushitude" with any type of RDA or RBA. A compatibility of 25 mm diameter at most.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
On the box there is a sheath on which the model of the box appears on the front. At the back are written what the box contains and the specifications of the product.
Once the sheath is removed, a large rectangular box will appear ^^ with the silver Smok script. Once opened, the box will appear, housed in a dense foam. Under it you will find a micro USB cable, a manual all in English, a card to verify the authenticity of the product and a warning on the condition of the batteries to consider before using it.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Apart from the use of two batteries that have always worked together and recharged at the same time, while ensuring that they have the right discharge capacity, I have no particular recommendation for this box.
It can provide you a vape cushy as a vape of nag. With a big editing, the 220 W displayed on the screen, the box was reactive and did not heat up. Of course, I did only a dozen puffs.
The temperature control is quite accurate on the three types of wires that it takes into account. No variation found or even in W mode. For use between 40 and 80 W, I did not have to change my batteries of the day, proof of an appreciable autonomy, in spite of an electronic and a screen which can seem energy-consuming .
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? With your favorite atomizer
- Description of the test configuration used: Petri V2 Dripper Double coil assembly in Alien full Nichrome for 0,12ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Your ideal to you ^^
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Smoktech spoiled us with this little box survitaminée. A chipset that is both complex if you want to proceed with the multitude of settings it offers, such as 22 memory modes, and simple, if we stick to just W or TC classic mode.
She accompanied me for a week to be able to share my opinion on this model. I think a week is a good compromise to be able to detect defects and qualities of the product. Its ergonomics are really top and trigger switch well studied. With a clearomizer in 25 mm it will be flush, at the time or a lot of RDA or RTA in 24 mm see pus exist it is a good point.
Good vape, Fredo
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.