- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vapoclope
- Price of the tested product: 78.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Smok offers us a mini version of the X Cube 2 box "vapogeek", the X Cube has marked the spirits, but its size somewhat imposing for a double battery probably discouraged more than a vaper. So when Smok offers us the mini version, we start dreaming of a box by taking up the look, but more thin and as little, a little less loaded with settings and functions.
The X Cube mini is placed, by its price, in the category mid-range, it is besides in this sector of market that Smok positions the vast majority of its products.
75W, an 18650, TC battery and all the tralala, let's go to the tests.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 25.1
- Product Length or Height in mms: 91
- Product weight in grams: 258
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caoucthouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The X Cube "mini" still measures 91mm high, 25,1 mm thick, for 50,6 mm wide. I do not think I have the same notion of the mini as Smok. Admittedly, compared to her big sister she is more compact, but if we compare it with the other single accu of the moment she acts as mastodon.
The design X Cube it is mini or maxi is rather successful. It has an industrial style that I call chic. The two light lines that frame the firing bar (firebar) bring a touch of modernism. The small square screen OLED is placed on the top cap, it displays a good definition. Right next to the latter buttons [+] and [-]. Small rectangular metal they do not suffer from any lack of adjustment.
On the facade, we find engraved, the name of the box, the bluetooth mention 4.0 and 75w TC. The other side houses the access door to the battery, it carries the engraving in the name of the brand SMOK. The latter has a lack of adjustment and holds in place, as on the model 150W.
It's a little balot because it tarnishes the good impression that this box arouses when we discover it, indeed, materials and design give it a qualitative aspect of a very good level, but when we discover this problem visible to the eye naked, the good impression is a little bad. The same goes for the fire bar, the latter is a little jarring, which gives the impression that it will be the trunk in the long run.
The bottom cap accommodates the micro USB port, and degassing vents.
To sum up, a successful design, a box a little massive for a simple battery, beautiful materials, and small defects of adjustment. So it's mid-league mid-grape, the mini does not correct the faults of her big sister, and fortunately she keeps the qualities.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Display of the vape time since a certain date, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistances of the Atomizer, Connection BlueTooth, Supports the update of its firmware, Supports the customization of its behavior by external software, Adjustment of the display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of light operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This X Cube mini is a box that I will call Full Options, it's a box of techie geeks.
A VW (Variable Wattage) mode: from 1 to 75W in increments of 0,1W - resistances from 0,1 to 3Ω.
And a TC Mode (Temperature Control): from 200 to 600 ° F (100 to 315 ° C) - resistances from 0,06 to 3Ω.
Automatic recognition of the nature of your coil: Nickel 200, Titanium and Kanthal.
The ability to adjust the temperature coefficient of your resistor to fine-tune the temperature control settings.
The ability to adjust the initial value of the resistor and thus improve the accuracy of the temperature control.
It also offers several pre-set profiles of the first seconds of vape, which allows you to either boost or lower the power of your start puff.
You can also choose the lighting color of the light bars of the fire bar among 16 millions of colors.
You can memorize 16 different settings and thus switch from one atomizer to another without going through the relative complexity of the settings each time.
The micro USB port can recharge your battery and update your firmware box.
Finally, and I'm pretty sure to have forgotten, the bluetooth function, which allows you to control all the parameters of your box and access to lots of statistics via an application on your smartphone.
In short, a box that again, like his big sister, offers a lot, can even too much.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A black box in a scabbard dressed in the picture of the box. It is sober and up to the level of range. The pack is very complete, USB cable, instructions, and silicone skin that will protect the beast from scratches but spoils the aesthetics undeniably. . I like the small cardboard which informs you about the precautions of use and choice of the battery.
So nothing to complain about this point, except the absence of French in the record.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This box offers a very nice vape, the fire bar even if it rattlesbale, is very practical. The settings of the settings are somewhat tedious, too many settings for three buttons, fortunately the mobile application, even if it is in English greatly simplify the task.
Even if it is not really compact one can still walk his box in large pockets.
The change of battery is very simple, no worries.
In use, I will say that this box is far from the easiest to understand, you must know and be really technophile to really appreciate the use, because frankly on this plan, there is the simpler competition to live.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Not really rule but I see it with a sub ohm atomizer single coil TC or not
- Description of the test configuration used: Kaifun 3 mini resistance 1Ω, Aromamizer, double coil at 0,60Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: it is you who choose
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, a simple summary would lead me to simply say: "it's the same as his big sister, with the same qualities and same defects". Its size, its weight, are disproportionate compared to boxes which compete in the same category. In addition, under very qualitative tunes, some aspects of its finish are rough.
But what's left of him? Its design, which incorporates a unique fire bar, its many functions, and especially its bluetooth connection that gives you the opportunity to take control of all the functions of this box with much more ease than with traditional controls.
It is far from being in sync with the canons of the box simple accu current, but it has its charm and if you are technophiles lovers of lights, it will probably enjoy you a lot.
Good vape vince
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.