- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 35 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 euros)
- Atomizer type: Rebuildable compression
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil, Reconstructible Classic Temperature Controlled, Rebuildable Micro Coil with Temperature Control
- Supported Bit Type: Cotton, Fiber Freaks Density 1, Fiber Freaks Density 2, Fiber Freaks Yarn 2 mms, Fiber Freaks Cotton Blend
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 2.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Whitebone is certainly not a very recent product. That said, I stumbled on this atomizer that won me over and I had to share my feelings because it is particularly interesting for people who are looking for an easy-to-live atomizer. No question, therefore, that the Vapelier makes the impasse.
Oumier is one of the first manufacturers to have proposed 2015 at the end of the year, a dripper with a Pyrex tank revealing the double-coil assembly on a Velocity type plate. The Monkey, at the time, had made its small effect, just like the RTA Subtank by KangerTech among others. Whitebone is a mix of both. Unquestionably, this low-cost product will seduce, knowing that today it is still found at a reduced price.
In its manufacture, the leg Oumier is apparent with a double coil plate "Velocity" and proposals of transparency by the tank AND the bell that cover the assembly. The pin and the positive pin in gold plated to ensure a durable contact. As for the flow of liquid and air, they are adjustable.
The exposed Pyrex surface and the red seams are undeniably reminiscent of the Subtank, but it is more about the quality of the vape that the resemblance is the most striking, although globally the Whitebone is much easier to practice. reconstruction.
The diameter of this atomizer is 23mm with a tank capacity of only 2.5ml. Despite that, I flashed.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 22
- Length or height of the product in mm as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 45
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 74
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Gold, PMMA, Pyrex
- Type of Form Factor: Velocity
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 5
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 5
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank, Other
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 2.5
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Whitebone is made of stainless steel whose various parts are thick in material. No risk of deformation, but the very apparent pyrex tank with a length of 30mm makes it very fragile since it is widely exposed. So watch out for falls.
The plate is very wide and allows easy mounting with resistances up to 3mm diameter without difficulty. The cotton is to be inserted in the cavities provided for this purpose and the positive pin and the adjustable pin via the flat screw, are gold plated to maintain better contacts by the absence of oxidation.
Two bells of the same size are proposed, but one is stainless steel while the other is bi-material, pyrex and steel. Their function is the same, as their strength and ease of fixation, only the look differs and brings a touch of transparency on the assembly of one compared to the other.
The seals are suitable and allow a perfect seal because I did not have any seepage, not even for filling. However, the transparent seal of the tank on the top sometimes tends to fall when, inadvertently, it is rubbed when filling, so be careful not to lose it.
The settings of the liquid flow rate as that of the airflow are simple to perform by rotating the base. They are unrestricted and easy.
The diameter of 23mm is to be taken into account according to the mod used. As for the price, compared to the quality perceived, it is rather vapoteur-friendly!
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment, the assembly will flush in all cases
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mm maximum of the air regulation possible: 8
- Minimum diameter in mm of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Although Whitebone is able to cash in large, exotic, and even high-output assemblies for high power steam production, this is not its primary function.
This atomizer is on a middle vape between flavor and steam. An average double coil assembly from 0.5 to 0.8Ω is a perfect match for a taste vape accompanied by a dense vapor.
It offers a large tray that allows you to perform simple editing with a thick resistive if you wish, but it's double-edged because this plate imposes a wide bell that takes up space in the tank, so its capacity is only 2.5ml. The velocity-type tray allows the four legs of the resistors to be fixed independently and the openings are designed to accommodate the cotton. It is also an advantage for those who can not properly place their wicks, so the space under the resistance is completely free for air circulation.
Whitebone is not difficult, fluids or thick liquids suit it by adapting the juice flow and the corresponding airflow.
The filling is very fun, by the top cap and does not even need to close the air flow even if this manipulation is preferable to avoid leakage filling. But for my part, I found no leak or dry-hit.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Long
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
This is not one, but two drip-tips that are offered in this pack. Both have the same straight and long form with an 510 connection, only their flow and appearance differ.
The first is in Pyrex with a base, for the connection, in stainless steel. It suggests two red joints to match the general look of the atomizer.
The second in red polycarbonate is more modest and gives a less prestigious appearance, but still very effective.
They are pleasant in the mouth and offer a medium opening for direct inhalation aspiration.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is royal. Apart from the instructions for use that is missing, for the price, we will not make a story. Because, beside that, the atomizer is very well accompanied since one finds in the box:
- the atomizer
- Two drip-tips
- A spare tank
- An additional bell made of steel and pyrex
- All duplicate joints
- And 4 additional screws in case of loss
A very complete set compared to the tariff requested.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the mod of the test configuration: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during the tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred:
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use is simple, it is facilitated by the velocity plate with two holes on each stud. No need to ask the question to place the cotton since instinctively the ends land in the cavities provided for this purpose.
The only difficulty for you is to choose the type of resistive for the assembly and the bell that you want to use to get a look to your taste by also combining the drip-tip you like.
I help you a little, I made a montage with two resistors in 0.4mm kanthal (the 0.3mm is also perfect) with 9 turns on a support of 3mm for a total resistance of 0.55Ω to 35W. I opted for the pyrex bell which allows me to check the fouling of the resistances in the long term. The result delights me with a correct consumption, as well for the liquid as for the battery, having left wide open the airflow and the flow of the juice.
At the vape level, the steam is rather dense to medium with a very good taste quality even if the aromas are not particularly precise. The texture in the mouth is round in direct inhalation. For a quieter result, just reduce the power and the airflow a bit.
I had no leaks and no dry hit. The filling, by unscrewing the top-cap with the airflow wide open, did not cause the slightest seepage. It's really an easy-to-live atomizer.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? all mod having a width of 23mm mini
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: That described in the use
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: There are none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A very nice surprise that the WhiteBone, cheap and easy going. It is an old product, intended for all vapers and if I decided to do the review, it is primarily because it is very convenient for those who embark on the rebuildable and looking for a efficient product, without complexity, with a classic and large work table.
It is well made, accessible, provides a nice moderate steam, correct flavors and, in addition, it is pretty!
The only small flaw that I could note is the exposure of the pyrex tank, but on the other hand, it is also what makes its charm. Perhaps also the limited capacity but, at reasonable power, it remains sufficient.
Performing, practical and pretty, inevitably, it becomes mine ... 😉
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.