- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 169 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Here is a box that lands in the United States. A box that plays the muscular, since it displays a maximum power. from 200W. Surric X California Surric vapes is high end, there's a price.
In short, a muscle box, American style, powerful, which plays not compact, showy, but not loud, in addition to a box that conveys a certain philosophy of vape.
So, ready for a vape movie of a few days with a beautiful American?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 50
- Product Length or Height in mms: 98
- Product weight in grams: 190
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 3 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Surric is immediately obvious. Rather massive, the all-aluminum case is dressed with a large X on each side. This large X is neither engraved, nor painted it is a piece that is screwed into the case. It is not in relief, since it nests in a hollow cavity mm, which just flush. The 4 screws that hold it in place form four small domes at the four corners.
This aluminum case is machined by hand, the 510 connector is made of steel, the pin itself, is brass. It is spring loaded which ensures a flush connection.
The coating of the box is very good, I do not say it is indestructible, but it does not mark easily, where the Chinese cheap, show signs of wear on the edges after a few days, the Surric she does not suffer from any visible defect after a week of nomadic use.
Do not look for a screen there is not, we just have an LED whose color indicates partially the power level.
You will find on one side, an engraving a little "too much" of the name of the box.
On the other, another engraving, USA, here too it's not top class, "I'm proud to have a pretty box
American, but I did not marry the country so far. " The fire button is almost in the middle of the same side, metal, it is perfectly adjusted and it responds well, I find it a firm hair, but it reduces the risk of fire untimely. Just above, a +/- adjustment bar from the same holder.
The hood that closes the battery compartment is super thick, it is perfectly held by four magnets, it does not suffer from any play.
Inside nothing to report, it's super clean, beautiful welds, no glue, it's simple, but perfect. The chipset is not encapsulated, but when it is mounted like that, I do not find it disturbing.
A perfect box in its kind. Should we like this style a bit pruned, a bit heavy, I feel like having the gadget of a hero for young child style Bioman. The important proportions, especially in terms of thickness (29 mm) do not solve the feeling of heaviness expressed by the design.
I want to clarify, of course, that these aesthetic considerations are all subjective, because in the end, remember mainly that the quality promised by the price is there.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against reverse polarity accumulators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This is where we will have to talk about the concept.
It is an electro box, variable power without TC, without screen, your only point of reference is an LED, whose color varies from green to red through yellow and orange. The scale is not precise, the goal of this box is to return to the sensations without going through the numbers. It can vary from 7,5W to 200W, and has protection against pole reversal.
So it's a box of free steam, a box made for the public, no USB socket, hey! when we love freedom, we do not take the risk of being hanged on a cable.
It's hyper minimalist, it's as if you passed the sports car equipped with all the driving aids, the older sports, which is meant suddenly, less accessible to a young driver. A concept that defends itself and who will find adpetes.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: No
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 0.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
There it is a bit not America at all. A simple pouch in "velvet", not even a box. Do not talk about notice it's not worth it. The message is clear, minimalism is in everything related to this concept, the only thing that matters is the box. But even so, I think it's a little exaggerated for the asking price, the box is very good, but I would have appreciated the tralala of a nice box and possibly a notice, so that I 'm explains the concept and characteristics of the product, especially as it is mandatory in Europe for this kind of product.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, apart from its size, the Surric suffers no defects, it is very simple to use. Both 18650 are easily extractable and the autonomy is correct although necessarily related to your power of vape.
The vape is very nice, full, the chipset does an interesting job, only a small hiss when we shoot (a bit unpleasant in the long run), tarnishes the table.
That's it, it's a box that wants to put the feeling back into the heart of the vape, a laudable will, and that, in my faith, gives it that touch of originality that we like to find in a high-end product.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, In sub-ohm, Rebuildable Genesis
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? I just think it would be a shame not to take advantage of the beauty's power.
- Description of the test configuration used: TFV4 triple coil resistance
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: a config that has the potato
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
My road movie is coming to an end. I must say that this box, I did not appreciate it immediately. His look Bioman, Transformers a little rejected. But to look at it more closely I was obliged to recognize the undeniable quality of materials and manufacture. After, the concept seemed a little bobo on the edges, simplicity for greater sensations, based on your feelings and not on numbers. It's a bit confusing when you're on the odometer and all of a sudden you have to do it on sight.
But it's true that it gives a bit of the charm of a simple vape as on a meca, except that there, we can vary the power according to its editing and its sensations. It works well, I'm not all that seduced, I like to hang on to a benchmark and if the spirit is a little meca, the vape it is electronic.
The vaporous ride at a price: 169 € is expensive but if the idea of Surric Vapes is to bring your impressions to the center of your vape, then treat yourself, this box is probably a very good choice.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.