- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 179.90 €
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The American artillery specialist, Surric Vapes, offers us a "little" news: the Box Surric XS.
The first reflex when we hear this name is to say: What? Surric launches into the compact box? For me, and I think for many, XS is one of the smaller sizes of clothing.
But no, rest assured, this is once again a good big baby, the XS is a box 26650 equipped with a chipset capable of supporting the power of 80W.
A style affirmed, raw and massive, of beautiful matter, the American dream has a price: 179,90 €. Which, I am sure, will certainly not discourage fans of this brand across the Atlantic. Let's see what drives these aficionados to do such crazy things.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 37
- Product Length or Height in mm: 106
- Product weight in grams: 230
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Plastic Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Surric XS has a rather original line. To put it simply, it is a tube of square section to which one grafted an arc of circle on a face.
An all-aluminum body whose angles are perfectly softened. On the facade, we find the switch and the potentiometer, they are both separated by an engraving "SURRIC". The metal fire button is perfectly adjusted and the adjustment dial is neither too soft nor too hard.
On each side, a screen-printed aluminum plate is held by four small screws. The visual has a romantic gothic side with these skulls and roses.
The backside is the rounded one, deep furrows reminiscent of the cuts in the Surric XM tube. In the middle, the name of the box is engraved in the manner of a stamp.
On the top is the 510 spring-loaded pine. Positioned almost in the center, the box will accommodate atomizers of good diameter.
To open it, simply split the body in two by simultaneously pulling on the front and back of the box. Note immediately the large thickness of aluminum and the two sets of three magnets present to keep the two parts together.
Inside, we discover the two supports that maintain the battery 26650, we also see the home chipset named Easy pro mini. Everything is perfectly assembled, the finishes are perfect, the quality felt is just at the top.
A very nice piece, massive, not really compact, it is still quite light thanks to this body all aluminum.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This "small" last receives its own chipset, the Easy Pro mini.
Here, no question of screen, multiple mode etc ... No, the electronics is "pure" style. A simple graduated scroll wheel from 0 to 100 varies the power.
So we have a mod variable power that can reach the 80W with resistances that should not be less than 0.15Ω.
This is the kind of piece that is for connoisseurs, robust and simple, you could believe that it is a mod mecha but the electronics standby.
The pin spring ensures the flush attitude and the plate is hollowed out channels to, apparently, allow the use of atomizer with an air intake port 510.
The box receives a battery 26650, which in theory should ensure proper autonomy.
There is not much more to say, the XS is a relatively simple toy, it is equipped with the essential, just what it takes to send correctly.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our beautiful American arrives in a nice metal box. The lid has a large plastic "window" that lets you see its precious contents. It's okay but what about the lack of a manual, it's still a pity this price not to offer a small guide.
In short, we can say better but fans will focus on the XS and therefore will be fully satisfied.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The XS is a little bulky according to my criteria but its reasonable weight leaves an open door on nomadic use.
The ergonomics will not be great if you have small hands but the comfort remains correct thanks to the great work on softening angles.
The fire button is responsive and of good quality, no stray noise.
The wheel is firm but, with the help of your fingernail, you will have no trouble adjusting your box.
The change of battery is very simple, the opening of the box is very easy so no problem on this point.
The 26650 gives it a suitable autonomy, if course, you are not constantly "corner wheel".
As for the vape, it is full, well regulated and very pleasant, its 80W do not allow it to be too brutal but it still has the sponsor.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No precise recommendation but a big fat baby will be more in visual harmony with the box.
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with an air dripper in single coil type aliens.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: I see it well with a good big dripper or a Rdta
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
How not to greet once again the quality work of the Americans from Surric.
An original design, not a great finesse but here we are in the States and we see things in large. Our pretty XS is more about the Dodge Charger than the Porsche 911.
Perfectly finished, the quality of the decorations is top, the machining impeccable and the electronic installation very clean.
Very simple to use, this type of box offers just the essentials while offering you a vape of the purest, direct and perfectly regulated. You will not be able to conquer the titles of cloud contests, its 80W being quite sufficient to make nice clouds, but it will remain limited, compared to its big sisters who exceed the 200W.
A successful box undeniably. I can only admit that this is a beautiful piece that will undoubtedly have its place in your Surric collection if you are a follower and if you do not know who, you may start one by buying this XS.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.