- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: VapExperience
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 euros)
- Atomizer type: Clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Type of resistors: Non-rebuilding owners
- Type of wicks supported: Cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
In the recent series of Subtanks that Kanger unveiled a few weeks ago, here is the Nano. He is the youngest member of the gang and has eaten less soup than his classmates because he is smaller and lighter. Unlike them, he can not do everything because he does not have an accessory tray to build his own resistance and must be "satisfied", if I may say so, Kangertech resistors made for the range.
The clearomizer presents well. It seems well built and the family look is a mild euphemism in his case since they look like these seniors as two drops of water.
Let us see, after having appreciated the rest of the troop, how behaves the youngest.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 18.5
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 47
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 51
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Form Factor Type: Kanger T2
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 6
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 2
- Quality of O-rings present: Very good
- O-ring positions: Top Cap - Tank, Bottom Cap - Tank
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 3
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It is clear that we are on the serious and that Kangertech has raised its level of manufacturing requirement for a few months. First of all, the clearomizer has a good appearance with its shiny stainless steel and its red joints that cut on the metal. And then, the construction is serious, well finished for this price range. No doubt on the podium of clearomizers in terms of quality finish. Its size makes it easily compatible with the new mini mod-boxes that come out lately and its proprietary resistance-based operation to change seems easy to manage. Definitely a clearo to advise for novice vapers who want to spend more serious equipment before embarking on the big rebuildable bath.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 9
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 2
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: Chimney type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Insufficient
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The manufacturer's bias for this product must be taken into account. This is a new generation clearomizer, accepting to be mounted with resistors 1.2Ω or 0.5Ω and intended to be air or air. Lovers of tight draws, go your way, this clearomizer is not for you. When we understand this, we can go to the rest and regret that the 510 connection is desperately fixed. Especially for a clearo intended rather to travel on Spinner or Ego type batteries or mini electronic mods, we can remain cautious about the possible gaps of compatibility that the Nano could meet. I have not encountered this problem with all of my material, I admit it clearly but this defect (recurrent Kanger) should be subject in my opinion a revision.
Otherwise, few possible interactions with the machine and there is no need for more. You can easily influence the airflow by choosing between 1 or 2 2mm holes or by attaching to the so-called "cyclope" hole (rectangular rounded corners) that will know the joys of direct inhalation.
- Drip tip type: 510 Only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Medium
- Quality of the drip-tip present: Very good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
The drip-tip provided is correct bill but does not suit me personally. Do not stop at this opinion which is only purely subjective. It is wide opening to serve the aerial rendering of the Nano.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A real lesson of packaging that Kanger offers us. Everything is there! The instructions clear, detailed, beautiful and French please !!!!!!! A bag of spare parts. An additional pyrex and two resistors, the first in 1.2Ω and the second in 0.5Ω. And all in a box very design and well studied. The total class!
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistors: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occurred
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, the Nano is very comfortable and easy. As any atomizer has an air tendency and a fortiori by using the sub-ohmic resistance, it consumes a lot but it will be forgiven for its total absence of leaks and its very stable behavior.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? An electronic mod that accepts resistances to 0.5Ω.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: Several different mods + Nano + three liquids with different viscosities
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A nice mini electronic box.
was the product liked by the reviewer: No
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I come next to the only objective defect I could find at this atomizer: its temperature.
Indeed, the Nano airborne is an asset to make big clouds and to enjoy this type of vape. However, with a single open hole, the clearomizer is already very airy. With two, we are on the verge of direct inhalation and with the Cyclops hole, we are right in it. However, the poor heat dissipation of clearo means that you end up with hot steam in most cases and whatever resistance you choose. The only way to calm the heat a little is to position yourself on the cyclops hole, which drastically limits the versatility of the ato. Of course, it's impossible to "sweetly" vape a fruity or minty or fresh liquid with such a device if you like an aerial vape but mastered in the mouth. As a result, the heat supplants the flavors and lessens the freshness inherent in the juice.
De facto, this clearo is intended for lovers of tobacco e-liquids, gourmet tobaccos or greedy and who appreciate a draw that goes from air to air. And this is his only "fault": his lack of versatility. However, as long as you are part of this category of vapers, you will find with the Nano an object very pleasant to use, very safe, very well built and perfectly in phase with its time.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.