- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Youvape
- Price of the tested product: 84.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod Type: Electronic Botton Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Squonk Mod is an electronic box that offers maximum power of 60W. It has a single 18650 format accumulator and includes a bottle of 12ml capacity with a Bottom feeder connection.
The Bottom feeder system feeds the dripper (also equipped with a pierced pin) by pressing on the bottle, which feeds the tray of the atomizer juice from below and offers a colossal reserve without the need to remove the tank to feed your wick.
This box accepts minimal resistances of 0.1Ω and also offers temperature control mode, but this function is very limited by the use of a resistive nickel only and a reference in degrees Fahrenheit only.
No menu with the Squonk everything is relatively simple and even a little too simple!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 59 x 26
- Product Length or Height in mms: 88
- Product weight in grams: 248
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass
- Type of Form Factor: Box flat - type Emech
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? No
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The squonk is made of aluminum, the coating of metal gun look is quite successful, no trace is visible.
The hatch is well thought out but unfolds in a certain way, so no risk during the vape, an unexpected opening.
Inside the box one thing annoys me, its big fault is the uncertain fixation of the positive and negative poles that are released from their home each time the battery is removed. I also note that the positive wire of the 510 connection is very exposed, the insulation of itself is insufficient.
The bottle is very flexible to ensure current supports and the rubber hose adheres well.
The 510 connection has a pin that is not adjustable, but drilled at its center to ensure fluid exchange with the atomizer, which is also equipped with such a pin.
Under the box, there are 12 small holes for aeration and the possible degassing of a battery.
At the level of the screen I found the information too homogeneous with a display of power in the format insufficient, which lack of distinction compared to the rest.
The buttons are very responsive and perfectly stable.
A quality that seems very average on the finishes and is not up to its price.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Average, there is a noticeable difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Squonk has this particular main function of being bottom feeder. This function allows the exchange of liquid between the box and the dripper in order to obtain a reserve of liquid superior to a tank, in the mod and not in the atomizer which also has a pierced pin. This therefore involves regularly pressing the bottle to raise the liquid instead of opening the top-cap dripper.
Other characteristics, these are his modes of work which are in variable power or for the TC, in degree fahrenheit. These modes are also quite limited since the power setting offers a working range between 7 and 60W and the temperature control mode is only used with nickel (Ni200) with a unit of measurement in Fahrenheit over a range of 200 to 600 ° F.
Its proprietary chipset also allows the locking of the adjustment buttons.
Charging by micro USB cable is possible.
These are the only functions that this box has to offer.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Packaging that is limited to the box, the micro USB cable and a bottle extra.
The instructions are too succinct for a good understanding of the use of the product.
That said the box is rigid cardboard and perfectly protects the box in a comfortable foam.
For a high-end product I remain on my hunger!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
For the use of the product, we are on a basic ... very basic even since the chipset owner has no menu:
- Switch on / off: 5 clicks on the switch
- Mode change (power / CT): "+" and "switch"
- Locking adjustment buttons: "+" and "-"
The hood is very convenient for changing the battery and offers a nice opening to remove the bottle to fill it.
At the level of the vape, although I did not use my multimeter to check the values, it seems to me that the power lacks "potato", moreover, after inserting a battery charged with a block (4.2V), three / four days later, having left it in the box without using it, my battery is found with a residual charge of 1.2V which is abnormal.
Regarding the vape, do not be too demanding because for a box delivering 60W (on paper) you will be content with a BF dripper oriented flavors and not the volume of steam to enjoy this set-up. Otherwise an atomizer without BF can also adapt to this mod which is still too large for its low capacity.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 17650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A dripper Bottom feeder
- Description of the test configuration used: Tsunami in bottom feeder
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: that of the CT test
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Overall I am frustrated by this box BF which could have been a good product, because in the aesthetics it remains pleasant and successful.
Where the rub is in unfinished finishes with poles that come out of their homes when you remove the battery, the positive thread of poorly insulated pine, a chipset too simplistic without a menu with a CT mode NI200 that offers only the degree Fahrenheit, a lack of accuracy in its values in power without forgetting a medium display.
On the other hand the function BF works perfectly, the coating of the box is perfect with buttons without defects that are superb.
That said, I am dissatisfied with this product that I find too expensive for what it has to offer.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.