- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: My Free Cig
- Price of the tested product: 134.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0,05
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
asMODus is the US distributor of the SnowWolf 200W v1.5. Why 1.5? Because the firmware has evolved since the v1 which did not take into account the temperature control. Control now supported only on the Ni200 (resistive nickel alloy wire).
A nice finish for a rather heavy object, which embeds two batteries (not supplied) and delivers 200W on paper. You will not get bored with the various modes of operation although, we will see, there are sometimes some bugs and a useful function a priori missing. We're not dealing with an Evolv, Yihi, or Joyetech chipset either, and the price is not as high as a 200W Vaporchark.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 53
- Product Length or Height in mms: 100
- Product weight in grams: 340
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 2.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The thickness of the SnowWolf is 25mm, its chassis is aluminum of 1,75 mm. Both facades are covered with a black ice (glass or resin ... I hesitate). The first façade, irremovable, lets see the screen at the switch. The second, removable, is the lid. With strong magnets ensuring their function of maintenance, it withdraws completely to leave free the double cradle hosting two batteries in series and an extraction tape. The interior is perfectly made, four screws close the plate that protects the electronics, savvy DIYers can make the replacement of components once the warranty expired.
The 510 stainless steel connector does not allow the air supply of an ato from below. Sometimes, the aesthetic choices do not allow simple but useful grooves, which can be embarrassing but fortunately infrequent. The positive brass stud is adjustable (spring loaded) for flush mounting.
The bottom-cap has three rows of nine holes providing ventilation and the possibility of possible degassing of a battery.
On the edge of one of the sides, you can not miss the name of this box. This is the kind of graphics that, in my opinion, just spoil the purified simplicity described above, but ...
The other side receives the three functional buttons, round brushed metal: the switch 7mm diameter and the two settings [+] and [-] that make 5.
The object is beautiful, the brushed aluminum and black facades assemble rather well. This is an aesthetic success, which however requires maintenance or ultra clean and dry hands, as we say that we drippers drippers like Harley Davidson, we are bad!
- Type of chipset used: Owner (GX200 V1.5) or (TX-P200 V1.5A)
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed a bottom atomizer
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 2.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Features of the box SnowWolf v1.5 200W:
- Temperature control
- Protection against too low voltages
- Protection against resistance too low
- Protection contre les surtensions
- Protection against short circuits
- Reverse polarity protection
- Internal overheating protection (electronic)
Features of the snowWolf box v1.5 of asMODus:
- Chipset: (GX200 V1.5) or (TX-P200 V1.5A)
- Oled screen (25 x 9 mm)
- For two 18650 batteries, minimum 25A recommended (not included)
- Power: 5.0 - 200W
- Output voltage: 0.5 - 7.5V
- Resistance tolerated: minimum 0.05 to 2.5Ω maximum
- Temperature Control: 100 - 350 ° C / 212 - 662 ° F
- Kanthal and other alloys: VW (variable power) - nickel (Ni200) - TC (temperature control)
Nothing but very normal in fact, although others provide sensors for titanium or stainless steel and allow to memorize several settings. I also note that the lock function of the current setting does not exist. Besides the fact that the chipset is not "upgradable", there is also no module reloading.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
It is in a black cardboard box that you will be delivered your box. Inside, protected by a semi-rigid foam, it is the only visible object. Under this protection is an explanatory note in English and an invitation card to flash a QR code to go to the asMODus website. Nothing more, not even a piece of cloth to clean the windows.
We will say that this package is correct despite this little complaint. The record is rich in explanatory photos, you should not encounter any difficulty in using you normally SnowWolf. It would be better if this lasts because the manufacturer's warranty is only one month, which seems a bit short for European standards and regulations.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Once your batteries are correctly inserted, the box enters the "On" mode and a logo appears. Then comes the mode "Lock". Press the switch five times consecutively in three seconds to turn it on. The following information will appear on the screen:
Resistance value - Power - Voltage - Battery level - Value for temperature control.
Without atomizer on the box, it indicates 0V for the voltage and 0Ω for the resistance. If you try to switch without atomizer, the message "Check Atomizer"Appears. To turn off the box: press the [+] button and the switch simultaneously. The screen then displays "System Locked"And no button will work. By doing the reverse manipulation, you will turn on the box again.
Calibrate resistance: every time you put an atomizer on your box, you must wait until the calibration calculations of your resistance are made and stored. To do this, press the [-] button and the switch simultaneously. Then appearsCold Coil?" on the screen "Yes + / No -". Resistance should be cold (at room temperature, unheated) for proper calibration. If your coil is cold, press the [+] button and the resistor will be calibrated. When you remove and put back the same ato, she will ask you if it's a "New coil?"And you answer with"Yes + / No -”
Adjust Power (W): If you want to adjust the power, press the [+] and [-] buttons simultaneously until "W" appears on the display. Then pressing [+] or [-], you can simply increase or decrease the power to your liking.
- 5 to 50W: 0,1W Increments
- 50 to 100W: 0,5W Increments
- from 100W: 1W increments
When the power is greater than 150W, the system is pulsed and a "P" appears on the screen. This is where we see the difference between the announced power value and the reality sent. Following this impulse, the vape becomes stable again.
Adjust the temperature: the temperature control only works with Ni200. To select this mode, press the [+] and [-] buttons simultaneously until "° C" or "° F" appears on the display. By then pressing [+] or [-], you can adjust the desired temperature. The temperature range is 100 to 350 ° C or 212 to 662 ° F, with an increment of 1 ° C / F.
To turn off the box SnowWolf v1.5: press the switch five times in three seconds consecutively to turn off the box. "ASMODUSWill then be displayed on the screen.
Battery information: when the cumulative voltage of your batteries falls below 6,2V, the display will show "Low Battery". When the cumulative voltage of your batteries is too low for the requested power or temperature, the display shows "Check Battery"And stop feeding your atomizer. When the voltage drops below 5,4V, the box no longer powers the atomizer. In both cases, it is time to replace the batteries.
Resistance range: the SnowWolf supports resistances between 0,05 and 2,5Ω. If your resistance is not in this range, the box will not work. When your resistance is lower than 0,05Ω, "Low Atomizer"Appears on the screen. Conversely, if your resistance is too high, "High AtomizerWill be displayed. In case of short circuit of the assembly of the atomizer, you will see the message "Atomizer Short"
We did the trick, I could see a certain slowness in detecting and making the calculations with a NI200 resistance on the eGo One, but he finally memorized it.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato up to 25mm in diameter, sub ohm or higher mountings to 1 / 1,5 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: 2 rechargeable batteries at 35 A, arrangements between 0,3 and 1 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Open bar, prefer sub ohm fixtures.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
This is not the absolute craze either ... I enjoyed this box but I had more effective hands lately. Its price is nevertheless justified and it is not a cart either. If only for its quality of manufacture and aesthetics, it would be unfair to bring this tool into disrepute.
I think that ladies and young women will not be interested in this model of proportion and weight. Unless perhaps to get into it, if the owner knew how to keep it clean and without fingerprints. Aside from vipping with leather gloves, I do not see how he could do it. If not guys, to vape up to 100W, she is fine this box and 100W, it starts to do no?
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.