- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech-Steam
- Price of the tested product: 32.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 35 euros)
- Atomizer Type: Single-chamber Dripper
- Number of resistances allowed: 2
- Resistance Type: Classic Reconstructible, Rebuildable Micro Coil, Reconstructible Classic Temperature Controlled, Rebuildable Micro Coil with Temperature Control
- Type of wicks supported: Silica, Cotton, Ekowool, Fiber Freaks
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 0.5
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Council of Vapor is an American producer, not very prolix in material but always very reliable. We owe them among others the Royal Hunter which has rightly received a satisfactory echo among the amateurs of the dripper genre. His little brother will be the subject of our expertise, it seems that for its price, we are dealing with a model as well designed and finished as the predecessor.
He arrives in a suitable box, with a bag of spare parts, a notice and a second drip tip. This first description is a positive point for this product, when other equivalents and much more expensive do not even offer a user manual and a box that does not close, you will see shortly what ato I want to talk.
The Steam Board off-Atlantic signs its latest creation under the aegis of miniaturization, the RH mini is not a shortened remake of HR, it presents some changes that we will discover together.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 21.9
- Length or height of the product in mms as it is sold, but without its drip tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 13
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip tip if it is present: 39
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Silver, Delrin
- Form Factor Type: Igo L / W
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Number of O-rings, Dript-Tip excluded: 3
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-ring positions: Top cap / Tray, AFC bell / top cap
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 0.5
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The construction material of the metal parts is aluminum (except screw resistive clamp) 510 connector included, the positive pin is plated silver. The positive pole screw is not used to adjust the flush of the ato, but to tighten the positive position of the board.
The proprietary drip tip delrin is equipped with a low anti ejections (we will return) it is 12,5mm diameter and exceeds 9mm of the bell on which it is screwed. The total height of the RH mini is 22mm since your mod.
The mounting plate is spacious, well cleared and contains 4 posts drilled at 2mm which leaves room for a quad coil assembly in quiet 0,5. The most suitable installation for air intake characteristics, however, remains the classic double coil.
The AFC is a post that has evolved compared to the first RH version, it is arranged laterally and VOC has added 2 x 3 2mm holes at the top. By adding the useful 8mm oblongs at the resistors you get a maximum flow of 14mm, enough to send the power and generate cumulonimbus without getting burned.
The design is neat, the aesthetic is sober, a discreet signature framed RH is engraved on the ato. The object is well designed, the negative posts are machined in the mass, and the positives are more effectively isolated than on the RH V1.
The volume of useful juice depends on the restricted bowl of the tray, and especially the amount of capillary you will use and its layout.
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive pad of the battery or the mod on which it will be installed
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, and variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 14
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Positioning of the air regulation: From below and taking advantage of the resistances
- Spray chamber type: bell type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Normal
Reviewer's comments on functional features
4 main pieces make up this dripper. The thick plate of only 3,5mm, is equipped with 2 O-rings sealing. The 2,5mm tank dug into the mass, contains approximately 0,5ml which will be tripled by the proper use of a high retention capillary. 4 mounting stations are drilled at 2mm and the fastening system with stainless steel screws does not shear the resistive wire, you can mount 3mm diameter of your coils, although this option is greedy juice and strike already low autonomy of the ato.
Access to the tray is obtained by removing the bell / setting AF / drip tip and the body with fixed AF, The bell on which is screwed the drip tip serves as a flow control air, turning on it even, it releases more or less vents, for a very tight or very airy vape through a substantial intermediate range.
The body serves as a connection with the tray, it is sealed at the upper level by an O-ring located on the bell.
The proprietary drip tip finally, is a major piece of the concept, it has 3 functions, it serves as anti-projection bell top, it allows to perform the rotation of the latter to adjust the air flow and of course, it is the indispensable mouthpiece and little heat conductor.
Once mounted you can "fill" the juice RH by removing either the entire top cap or the bell (pulling the drip tip) or by unscrewing the latter which is not advisable because it is not made of the same material as its support and the step may wear out faster. It will also be necessary not to force the screwing of the ato on the mod, to preserve durably the screw thread of the connector less resistant than the stainless receivers generally used on the mods.
- Type of attachment of the drip-tip: Owner only
- Presence of a Drip-Tip? Yes, the vaper can immediately use the product
- Length and type of drip-tip present: Short with heat evacuation function
- Quality of the present drip-tip: Good
Reviewer's comments on the Drip-Tip
Another evolution of the RH mini, restrictive it concerns the drip tip, it is screwed on the bell which does not fit a 510 with a ring (supplied with RH V1)
It is in Delrin and does not heat, its base close to the assembly is in "honeycomb" which prevents the projections of hot juice to reach your mouth is very effective. The volume of air drawn is important despite this "filter" you have for this purpose a diameter of 12,5mm and 18 holes of 1,75mm ensure a more than honorable print.
An 2ème drip tip (white) is provided in the pack.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is very clean, a thick transparent plastic box contains a soft foam itself wrapped in a fold of thin card stock. under the first layer of foam is a housing that contains a bag of spare parts, resistive fixing screws, O-rings, and an Allen key adapted to the heads of the screws. Your dripper is accompanied by another drip tip in Delrin similar to the original but white.
Given the price of all this packaging is obviously irreproachable, I was going to forget the notice that despite the English language explains and shows (by photos) what we need to know in order to use this dripper correctly.
The authenticity of your purchase will be verifiable thanks to the QR code and the ID of the dripper.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with mod of test configuration: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing in the street, with a simple tissue paper
- Filling facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change resistors: Easy but requires a workspace to lose nothing
- Is it possible to use this product throughout the day with several vials of EJuice? Yes perfectly
- Was there leak after one day of use? No
- In the event of leaks during tests, descriptions of the situations in which they occur
Note from Vapelier on the ease of use: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
A machine with odorous clouds. I tried several 0,30 stainless fixtures in FF II, 0,3, 0,6, and 1 ohm, the result is perfect, with the values of "normal" powers.
At 0,3, it does not heat and the vape is not excessively hot, upper vents are effective for bringing a healthy dose of fresh air, which of course dilutes the aromas, but avoid a systematically hot vape. Tightened to this value the heat of production and aspirated intensifies but it may be suitable for some juices. At 55W I do not climb anymore.
At 1 ohm it is also very good, the surface soaked coils is increased, and it is not necessary to increase power to obtain a compromise production / flavor quite satisfactory, the amount of juice vapée on a taffe is as low as 0,3, the autonomy before recharging is extended by 4 or 5 puffs.
I currently vape at 0,6 ohm is it, of the three values, the one that suits me best. The AFC set to 2 / 3 open, I get big clouds and an honorable flavor, closing in little (half max / min) the heat is almost not sensitive and the taste of the juice is more perceptible I am at 25W. At 30W the vape is still tasty and the production increases (like consumption), the heat is moderate, that's exactly how I like to adjust a dripper.
The filling that I adopted is the one where you remove the bell leaving the body in place, the advantage is to drown a little more coil knowing that the juice will not overflow.
The ato does not leak as far as you do not flip it upside down or lying down, once loaded.
Cleaning is easy, avoid letting the joints soak in a baking soda preparation overnight, prefer to wipe them apart.
Congratulations to the designers of the Royal Hunter for this mini version, she is hands down to the big brother.
Recommendations for use
- With which type of mod is it advisable to use this product? Electronics AND Mechanics
- With which mod model is it advisable to use this product? 22 diameter or box, as you feel.
- With which type of EJuice is it advisable to use this product? All liquids without problem
- Description of the test configuration used: stainless steel 0,6 ohm Fiber Freaks II, in mecha and on box
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A juice that you like, good batteries, and tranquility.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
For those who have not yet dared to make the jump to the rebuildable, this Royal Hunter mini is the dream candidate.
For you ladies, the object is discreet, light, beautiful and easy to handle in both settings and ideal reloading. For cloud chasers, if you know the RH long version, you will be surprised by the performance of the mini, you will discover the new AFC, and the vape it provides will not make you prefer the V1, the heating chamber of the mini is just at the right volume.
The RDA do not stop evolving, without revolutions, we can count on the builders to further improve the ancestor of the atos, which in fact, has a bright future ahead.
Council of Vapor is a recognized brand for the quality of its creations, this small atomizer does honor to its designers. In a country that has about 30 million vapers, there is no question of approximately, or as well, it takes the best of, to each novelty, the RH mini is part of the cream of its kind . A dripper that I will rush to buy Tech-Steam and I thank you for the offer in France at a very reasonable price.
To your comments vaping friends, I know in advance that they will be kind to this little pearl.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.