- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Tech Steam
- Price of the tested product: 69.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Until recently, Wismec was known only through the Presa, a sympathetic box, later declined in temperature control. But other than that, few people had heard of this brand. Today, everyone speaks only of her and there is something.
As soon as the long awaited release of the new Evolv chipsest, the DNA200, all the builders who use the American engine are on the starting blocks and have all released their free interpretation around the famous novelty. Lost Vape, Vapor Shark, HCigar ... all the big guys were on the spot. On the menu for all, the famous chipset, a parallelepiped box and the widespread use of LiPo batteries to ensure the famous engine the fuel needed. All except ... Wismec. Indeed, the brand comes out, completely the opposite of the trend, a box with a new form and equipped with 3 18650 batteries. The advantage is huge. Indeed, we know the fragility of LiPo batteries in case of a fall and they are delicate batteries to change. There, more problem, we inject 3 18650 rechargeable batteries with the highest possible CDM (Sony VTC5 or others) and we have a much more autonomous box, much safer and easy to change the batteries. 1 - 0 for the unknown brand, property of Joyetech which is decidedly on all fronts at the moment.
But that would be only nice romantic event if, about three weeks after having released the Reuleaux DNA200, Wismec had not recidivated while leaving the Reuleaux RX200! A total aesthetic copy of the DNA200, the RX200 differs by the use of a Joyetech chipset, unanimously recognized on the EVIC VT or the VTC Mini except that there, we cross with joy a good level and send squarely 200W ! And all for less than 70 €, 100 € less than the Reuleaux DNA200. For once, it is no longer 1-0 but outright a hold-up offered by the brand. For never was such a powerful box offered at such a price. And never was such a price demanded for such perceived quality.
So, it is no longer a question of whether this end of the year will see the hegemony of Wismec hover over the planet Vape because it is already the case, in a single month of time. It is neither more nor less than to know if the RX200 would not be the best box in the world!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 84
- Product weight in grams: 317
- Material composing the product: Aluminum, Brass
- Form Factor Type: Original Box - Type 3 Accumulated Juxtaposed
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
If you liked the Reuleaux DNA200, you'll love the RX200. Indeed, it's the same. And when I say the same, I mean exactly the same. Even quality aluminum, same specific shape and yet so comfortable, even hatches to access the three batteries. The only difference lies in the chipset. From there to insinuate that under a BMW body, the manufacturer has installed a small 3 cylinders instead of the usual 6 cylinders in line, it would be to show bad language. Because we all know now that Joyetech offers efficient, easy and efficient proprietary chipsets. What we are good about checking below.
The shape is thus modeled on the famous Triangle of Reuleaux, great German mathematician and is particularly adapted to a perfect grip. And yet, it was not won in advance. Indeed, RX200 is heavy, fortunately quite short but thick. But its peculiar shape makes it straight away. No matter the coating, the form factor is definitely convincing. It does not slip. It does not roll. And all orders fall right in the right place. A colossal success, a major innovation in form and its usefulness that we owe to Jay Bo, American moderator previously creator of Tobh Atty, among others. A flash of genius.
The finish is excellent and can not be blamed. Whether at the price of the RX200 or that of the DNA200, 3 times superior.The only difference lies in the choice of colors. The DNA200 is silver and black, the RX200 is currently available in blue and white or in black and black. For my part, I like the blue and white model that reminds me of the carefree associations of colors typical of the fifties (no, I was not born, mufle! 😡).
The switch is simply impeccable. Easy to find under the finger, do not bruise a micron in its housing and just a slight "click" during its action. Ditto for everything else, the buttons [+] and [-], the battery door that holds remarkably well and is easy to remove or position, the cradle of three batteries which each negative connection is spring loaded and which we shows the +/- direction with easy marks. A good noticeable also for the vents, 20 on the bottom cap below the batteries and 6 up the box, three per side, for effective ventilation of the three batteries and prevention of potential problems.
Perfection costs 69.90 €. That's not good news, that? We who thought that even paying 6 more expensive, you had to buy all the duplicate parts in case ...
A defect however: the weight of the whole remains quite large and maybe some small hands will have a little trouble despite the pleasant shape of the object.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 3
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
It is here that we will try to answer together the question that everyone has on the lips. Is RX200 the poor relative of DNA200? Is she the same body but under-motorized of her dear sister? Because the crux of the problem is there: how to imagine that a box 70 € can compete with a box 180 €, when it comes from the same manufacturer and the chipset, it is exactly the same?
The answer can not hold that figures because, here too, we note a similarity that makes the comparative even more equivocal. Same level of power, quasi-identical protections, minimum equivalent resistance, upgradable firmware ... everything contributes to taking us into the nets well meshed brand.
Thus, rather than point out the common points since they are legions, it will be preferable to note the differences:
The RX200 will concern above all the followers of the Plug & Vape. Because she is a simple box. 5 clicks, it works. 5 clicks, it works more. It can be used in variable power mode between 1 and 200W, in temperature mode between 100 ° and 315 ° C with NI200, Titanium AND Stainless Steel (316L). Once extinguished, if all three buttons are pressed simultaneously for 5 seconds, the residual voltage of each battery is obtained. To change the mode? Childish! 3 quick clicks on the switch. Change the power in temperature mode? Almost funny! Just click 4 on the switch and you set the power. Lock the resistance? Magical ! Just hold down the switch and the [+] button simultaneously.
In short, we will not drag on. The RX200 is simple. Simple and clear. Anyone goes around in twenty minutes and all operational features are adjustable with great ease.
In comparison, we can say that the DNA200 is primarily aimed at perfectionists and ultra-geeks of all kinds. Escribe software to fine-tune each of the parameters of your vape, to establish different profiles according to your different atos, to customize your screen and even to load in your box the documented bases of the different types of resistive son for that it works best.
One is simple, intuitive but remains (relatively) limited in the customization of settings. The other is complex, requires learning but opens a world of personalization of the various factors that influence the vape.
It is therefore up to you to determine while knowing, as we will see later that the rendering of the two boxes is qualitatively equal but different in terms of behavior.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is very correct, especially for a box of this price.
A box of cardboard contains the box, a manual multi-languages including French (we are spoiled at the moment.You see that it was worth it to yell a little each time!) And a cord of charge although I urge you to use it only in your possible movements. A good charger will do a better job on your batteries and, at this level of performance, healthy batteries can avoid many problems.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use we are talking about here therefore implies the portability of the mod in set-up and its operation in terms of rendering.
On the level of nomadism, we have already mentioned the weight that can be penalizing for some and a thickness of 40mm "rondelle" which may not be suitable for everyone. Of course, once equipped with an ato, it's not really the type of mod that can lug in the pocket before a polo summer ... But the Reuleaux, whatever it is, catches up with a grip and a very nice touch that makes you forget its dimensions.
At the level of the rendering, I tested it as a vape around 20W on an assembly in 1.4Ω because it is often here that the ultra-powerful boxes sin. And the rendering is optimal. A sweet vape, very fleshy, pleasant that is smoothed perfectly. We do not feel a boost effect sometimes conducive to a slight overheating of the liquid at the beginning of the taf. There is no latency, the signal seems to come out immediately after pressing the switch following perhaps a very short upward slope to reach the desired power so that the liquid is not taken by surprise.
In powerful vape, on an 0.2Ω montage, between 70 and 120W, we obtain exactly the rendering we are looking for. It's terribly dense, strong and manly! Beyond, the marriage between editing, resistance, atomizer and power demand is essential because the power returned will take into account all these parameters to deliver its best.
In temperature control mode, I could only test on NI200, no longer have stainless steel (I recommended, you do not bile!) And having little confidence in titanium. Well, no bad surprises, it works optimally. Dry and at a temperature of 280 ° C (which I refuse to exceed to not generate acrolein), cotton does not flinch. The marriage between power and temperature is easy to do and we get a perfect result very quickly.
In comparison, the rendering of the DNA200 in quiet vape (at least the original one without having modified the parameters by Escribe) is more nervous. We feel that the power is there immediately, without bearings. One even has the impression that the power rendered is greater than that displayed. While the RX200 seems more "in the nails" but also a little more flexible. At a powerful vape, the two are equal and embark you in the same way in whirlwinds of steam.
Flats? Yes but not determinative.
Like the DNA200, it seems that the power drops very slightly depending on the charge of the batteries. Difficult, without adequate material, to be certain of it, but sometimes an impression is a good indicator. This is not annoying, just add about 5% to the desired power to regain the feeling of fullness of the setting (from 20 to 21W about for example). This impression only happens once, when the batteries announce about 3.6V charge. There is no further effect of tumble according to the charge rate of the batteries. I think a future upgrade will remove the problem.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All
- Description of the test configuration used: Taifun GT, Royal Hunter Mini, Mutation X V3, Subtank
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: All configurations become ideal with this mod!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is sometimes difficult to control oneself, even if one has to keep a certain coldness for the most objective analysis possible, in front of a material that really pleases us. But in this final chapter of review, I let myself go to tell you that the RX200 is, in my opinion, the box of the year. No more no less.
Why ? Because beyond all its qualities and its rare flaws, it opens a real democratization of high-end equipment. And I am personally happy to know that vapers will be able to vape on such a box because the price is not dissuasive compared to the proposed performances or the quality of finish.
Just for that, I launch a big "Olé" to Wismec who will understand before everyone else, with the successive releases of the DNA200 and the RX200, that we can propose two similar and yet different products to satisfy the same way all the purses of passionate vape.
It is worth a Top Mod that I grant without complaining, as I am surprised at such quality for such a low price. And if what I tell you does not convince you, at least you will give me the honesty to give you my true feeling because I ordered one by following!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.