- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Myfree Cig
- Price of the tested product: 189 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 9
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.05
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Reulaux is a beautiful box, perfectly ergonomic and superbly designed ... It manages to contain 3 accumulators by giving the appearance of "a simple dual battery box".
Three accumulators make her a product a little heavy, but her sublime aluminum coating largely compensates for what becomes a detail. Especially since its hexagonal shape, perfectly integrates the palm of the hand and that its autonomy is consistent. This is a particularly attractive design in two very dark colors for the one we had in test (gray and anthracite gray), the website of the manufacturer announces other colors available.
This box obviously has a feature to adjust the cutoff limit according to the temperature of the resistor using compatible resistive. The temperature control range oscillates from 100 to 300 ° C (200 to 600 ° F).
For the Chipset, we have a DNA 200 from EVOLV that supports updates via the USB port and a total customization with software ESCRIBE made available by the founder (see for this purpose the software part of our assessment river on the VaporShark DNA 200D).
In summary the software Escribe is used to modify the display and behavior parameters, as well as to obtain valuable information: Battery charge, Output current, Average output power of the latest puff, Battery Voltage, USB Voltage , Mean temperature of the most recent puff, Cell 1 Voltage, Cell 2 Voltage, Board Temperature, Duration of the most recent puff, Cell 3 Voltage, Ambient temperature, Account Puff, Modes ... and most importantly the firmware update of the chipset (the latter is automatically recovered by the software a little like centralized Windows updates at a single download point).
You'll understand Reuleaux plays in the big leagues!
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 50 x 40
- Product Length or Height in mms: 83
- Product weight in grams: 149g and 285g with 3 batteries
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Hexagonal, all angles are rounded. The color and material chosen go perfectly to this box giving it a rather futuristic, sleek and elegant design that does not mark fingerprints. For the stripes, it will be necessary to contrario to pay a little more attention.
The aluminum body makes it possible not to have in hand something heavy, however the connector remains in steel pledge of robustness.
The location of the atomizer is dug, which theoretically limits the diameter of your atomizer to 23mm.
The buttons are perfect, very responsive, they do not move an inch. Their round shape and size are adapted to the overall format of the product. As for the position of each of them, it remains practical.
The fire button has even been adorned with a very nice engraving "JayBo".
The OLED screen, consumes nothing and the information has an honorable format perfectly visible and clear.
The pin is spring loaded and gold plated for optimum conductivity.
On each side of the box the vents gives a little air aggressive, you find others under the box for the dissipation of heat.
The only two screws visible from the outside, are star screws of very small size that are inserted into the aluminum so as not to exceed. They are barely visible.
For the batteries, housing is really practical. Your accusers will return very easily and for the polarity, the marks "+" and "-" are listed in bulk. The hood opens and closes with 4 magnets powerful enough for a good hold.
A box perfectly mounted, with a superb look whose choice of materials is very wise.
- Type of chipset used: DNA
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Battery polarity reversal protection, Display of the voltage of vape course, Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 3
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
For functional characteristics, it is best to consult the instructions. This one being in English, I translated it to you, however it remains rather succinct.
Instructions for use
1- Block / Unblock:
5 clicks on the "fire" button
2- Profile Setting:
Reuleaux allows you to record and choose from eight presets. Each output preset is called a profile. In closed power mode (by pressing + and - at the same time for three seconds), double click on the up or down button to scroll through the profiles. To select the displayed profile, press the fire button
3 - Stealth function:
In locked mode, holding the buttons fire and - simultaneously you will switch to Stealth mode (off the screen) return to the normal display mode in the same way.
4- power locked function:
By holding both up and down buttons, you put the unit in the locked power mode. Power output mode the same way
5- locked resistance function:
In locked mode, hold the fire button and the + buttons to lock the resistance. To disable the resistance lock, repeat the procedure
6- Reverse polarity system for batteries:
If improperly installed, the plastic hoops will prevent the battery head from touching.
Offset between TC / VW Mode (temperature control and power mode):
In locked mode, press the + and - keys simultaneously, and when you are in the function, scroll through the temperature values displayed in degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit. When "OFF" is displayed it means that you are in V / W (power) mode. Press fire to validate your choice
In VW mode, the output power can be adjusted from 1W to 200W. In unlocked mode, press the up button to increase power and press the bottom button to decrease power
TC mode (temperature control)
In locked mode, press the up and down keys simultaneously until the temperature setting appears. Press the key to increase the temperature and press the lower button to decrease the temperature.
in TC mode, be careful, before mounting your atomizer, check that the resistance is at room temperature. If a new atomizer has not cooled down before mounting it, the displayed temperature may be wrong and you will not be protected properly. You must wait for the cooling of the resistor.
When you connect a new atomizer or unscrew and screw back your existing atomizer, the device will ask you to confirm this change and a message will ask you "New coil? UP YES / DOWN NO "Press the" + "button to confirm that a new sprayer has been attached. Press the "-" button to confirm that the same atomizer has been reconnected.
Indication and protection
The device does not detect your atomizer, or the atomizer is shorted or the atomizer resistance is not correct for power setting
the battery must be charged, or the battery must be replaced by charged batteries. In this case, the Reuleaux will continue to work, but will not be able to provide the desired power. The low battery message continues to flash for a few seconds until the last puff.
The heater heats up to the maximum allowed temperature during the puff. In this case, the Reuleaux will continue to operate, but will not be able to provide the desired power
Ohms too high
The atomizer resistance is too high for the current power setting. If this happens, La Reuleaux will continue to operate, but will not be able to provide the desired power. The "ohms too high" message will continue to flash for a few seconds until the last puff.
Ohms too weak
The atomizer resistance is too low for the setting of the current power. If this happens, La Reuleaux will continue to operate, but will not be able to provide the desired power. The "ohms too weak" message will continue to flash for a few seconds until the last puff
The Reuleaux detects the temperature at the chipset. The box will be stopped and will display this message if the temperature of the internal card becomes excessive
It can be added that this box has a pin spring and is equipped with a USB port that can recharge the batteries but also update its Chipset (DNA 200).
The latter is fully controllable through the software ESCRIBE which allows you to manage your box and customize it via a computer.
You will need it to add support for titanium and stainless steel (otherwise it will be Ni200).
WARNING: The box does not work with batteries above 35A to not exceed the limits supported by the chipset and risk its deterioration.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
For packaging, you receive the box in a very solid cardboard box, the foam contained in it protects and holds the object perfectly.
There is also a UBS cable for charging and a user manual in English only. In addition I regret that all functions are not clearly explained.
It is kind of a shame !
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use is quite simple, since the value of the resistance is detected by the box when you mount your atomizer. All you need to do is pay attention to the thread you use for your editing to define your vape mode.
In V / W (power) mode, no temperature control will be applied and your screen must display at the temperature level: -F
In TC mode (temperature control) if the operating data of your box have not been updated, the material of the wire taken into account will be Nickel, the other materials are optional.
Then you simply set the reading unit for the temperature values: Degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
In addition, before your resistance is detected by the box, make sure once again that it is at room temperature.
Changing the batteries is trivial by removing the magnet hood. It will be enough just to insert the nail in the notch provided for this purpose and to push.
Your atomizers will be flush with the spring-loaded pin.
The screen is very clear and the readability of the information excellent.
The handling is done naturally thanks to its hexagonal shape and the weight is quickly forgotten.
Charging on the front of the box via the USB adapter is convenient and the cable length sufficient.
In order to choose other options or exploitation data for resistives, go to the Wismec website: http://www.wismec.com/product/dna200/reuleaux/
The Reuleaux with its DNA 200 and these three batteries promises you 200Watts ... Believe me it sends heavy, but I remained a small player with my 120 watts. My feeling on high powers is that this box actually renders what is displayed, however, on the type of resistors around 1.2 Ω, I would advise you to be careful because I had the impression that the power provided was higher than requested, nothing very bad but it surprises. In addition I had the feeling that the displayed power was different at full load and halfway on the same value (35 watts) ... tell me what you think, not having the necessary measuring equipment I would like to know if you too have the same feeling.
This is a box that will delight the vapers who wish to have a consistent autonomy and those who like to mount the watts to make big clouds on original montages. I do not know how many different editing I could test with very different son but the one that surprised me is a double coil Clapton that literally dried me with a 6mg of nicotine (while I vape in 12mg). The 0mg was even more than enough to have a good hit is exquisite flavors with concentrations of taste multiplied, euuuuh yes I was more than 100watts ....
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 3
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? In sub-ohm assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Atomizers supporting low values of resistances and high powers
- Description of the test configuration used: no particular model
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: tests with Dripper Haze and Aqua SE in Kanthal and Ni200 with various resistances ranging from 0.12Ω to 0.32Ω on powers up to 120Watts
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A quick record to say that I love this box. A perfect aesthetic with diabolical power all for a beautiful autonomy.
The faults that I could highlight are:
- The small difference in power "felt" on the same value between the charged batteries at 100% and halfway.
- At the use of medium resistances, the power "felt" was greater than that displayed, but these are only impressions.
This box is made for sub-ohm, it is a magnificent steam engine perfectly thought in this lens down to the smallest detail.
The protections are efficient, the chipset scalable, power and autonomy perfectly adequate. However I regret the lack of information on the next update or useful links that will be sorely lacking to any future buyer, just like a real record ... But let's call a cat a cat, when we have such a beauty in the hands difficult to be critical.
Last but not least, if you do not update your chipset with the data you need for titanium and stainless steel wires, you'll have to settle for Nickel in terms of temperature control.
That said, congratulations to present and future users, because you will have in hand an exceptional product ... a real top mod!
Good luck to all, and enjoy reading you.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.