- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 80 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 250 W
- Maximum voltage: 8.5 V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
United Society of Vape is a California moderator working in collaboration with Novium Product. I did not know this brand that seems to have been created by fans of vape and design (at least that's what we find on the site of the brand).
It is with Arc 240 W that I will begin this new "relationship". As you will have guessed, this is an electronic box capable of reaching ... .240 watts. Double 18650, color screen, we will see that this box embodies all the usual modes of vows, but it is especially its shape and design that allow it to stand out from other similar products on the market.
80 euros the box, it seems a reasonable price given the proposed menu, remains to be seen what the chef has prepared for us.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 30
- Product Length or Height in mm: 86.5
- Product weight in grams: 145
- Material composing the product: PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Flange
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 2 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.1 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
As I announced in the introduction, our box is distinguished from the rest of the world by its original form. In fact, this aspect is announced by his surname, "Arc" because indeed our box has a slightly curved shape. The front and the back of the box both follow the same curvature.
The main block is in ABS, but the box is "shared" in two by a metal band (zinc). On one side, this band follows the curvature of the face and sports a "light" engraving of the logo with the name of the box. On the other hand, it is flat and it hosts the fire button which is placed at the center of the metal part.
The OLED color screen fits on the same strip on one of the short sides. This same side also houses the [+] and [-] - buttons and the micro USB port.
Indeed, the style is interesting, it is design and uncluttered. It inspires a certain ergonomics, but it is slightly upset by the size of an imposing pile of the box. Most of the box being ABS, the weight of the beautiful is reasonable.
Below, there is traditionally the battery door that slides a little over a millimeter, then switches to an axis to give us access to the compartment.
Finally, the top cap hosts a pin 510 spring in a platinum 25 mm diameter, enough to accommodate atomizers of good diameter without exceeding, especially that there is a good millimeter on each side.
Overall, the quality seems correct and, in my opinion, we position ourselves in the standards of finish of the level of range that indicates the price.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, support for firmware update, diagnostic messages clear
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 27
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Arc is equipped with the main functions usually present on electronic boxes of the moment. The VO240 chipset is equipped with an 32-bit ARM processor, capable of generating 240W with a resistance between 0.1 and 2Ω, regardless of the mode chosen.
In terms of modes, precisely, we find the inevitable variable power, Bypass and, finally, a TC mode compatible with titanium, Ni 200 and SS316.
The box is of course ensured thanks to the protections: anti-short circuits, reversal of polarity of the batteries and limit of discharge.
There is also a kind of booster (operating only in "power" mode), adjustable way automotive with three modes: Eco, Normal and finally Sport.
The oled color display shows the usual constants: power or temperature (depending on mode), booster level, amperage current, voltage in volt, resistance value, puff counter and load batteries.
We regret that the box does not remember the configuration during the battery changes and some will probably regret the absence of the TCR.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our box arrives in a big black box rather classy which adopts a very bare style. The box is a beautiful black matte which is interrupted by a glossy black band which takes again in its center the logo of the box, registered thanks to the use of a slight relief.
Inside there is the box, a USB cable and a metal one that brings just an aesthetic interest since it is of no use for the vape. But the attention is rather nice.
There is a manual, it is a little succinct and it is unfortunately not translated.
A very correct presentation, which is in line with the level of product range.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? weakly
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Arc does not shine for its compactness but it is rather light, which allows him anyway to find a place in a coat pocket without worry.
The ergonomics that stems from the original design is rather correct but a little upset by the thickness of the box. In addition, it was more thought for right-handed and may interfere left-handed.
The navigation in the different settings is quite easy: five clicks to turn the box on and three clicks to switch from power mode to bypass or TC.
The power or temperature setting is made with the [+] and [-] buttons. Simultaneous support on both also makes it possible to change resistive wire in TC mode or to change the booster mode in variable power mode.
Overall, the controls are rather easy to handle, the only major defect is the speed of scrolling power or temperature, it will have reflexes worthy of a Ninja to reach a stop on the desired value and fineness adjustment is done in increments of 0.1 and this, all along the scale of power or temperature ... a little tedious.
Another potential fault is that the automatic standby is not adjustable, some may find it too fast.
The change of battery is no harm, but my VTC4 batteries tend to walk in the housing, so I tried with Efest purple and even finding. This is really embarrassing because it causes power cuts and, therefore, reset settings. To stay in this item, I could see an overheating Usb port during the test reload function, it confirms that it is better to use an external charger.
An effective box, which offers good feelings of vape, but which is unfortunately not free of defects.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? whoever you like the box is versatile
- Description of the test configuration used: Associated with my Govad RTA equipped with 0.5 resistor ohm for power mode and 0.15 ohm for TC mode
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: It's up to you because it really can adapt to all styles of vape.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.4 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The score obtained may seem severe but it can nevertheless be explained.
Okay, there is a real research in terms of form, even if we had already had this kind of form factor with flabby box type. The realization is well made and the chipset does a good job at the level of the feelings of vape.
Alas, some basic technical choices, such as the lack of memory when changing the batteries, give the impression to return two years back when, in fact, boxes did not have this type of possibility. And frankly it's a bit constraining ... Especially if we add to that the fact that my accuses are wandering in their homes, causing untimely rebates and, for once, very, very restrictive for the comfort of vape.
The design offers a good ergonomics, but is thwarted by its relative size. In addition, the comfort was worked more for the right-handers. The left-handers will end up with the screen and the interface buttons in the palm of the hand. Inouï!
Finally, if we add the speed of scrolling values too excessive, we have an interesting model but that deserves some fixes to stick to the standards of the moment.
It is therefore with a slight restraint that I invite you to consider this box, because it will really have a real crush to accept all these visual defects.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.