- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: FrancoChine wholesaler
- Price of the tested product: 34 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 1600mAh
- Maximum voltage: 3,8
- Minimum value in ohms resistance for a start: 0.1 to 3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Fumytech presents us with a kit ready to vaper with this pack Purely2 plus, intended mainly for beginners.
Equipped with an adjustable airflow consisting of two sets of four holes, it remains quite airy. Relatively compact with a total length of 12.5cm and a diameter of 19mm, this set-up knows how to be discreet. The capacity of the atomizer remains honorable with 2ml of liquid and an energy autonomy of 1600mAh for resistances provided in 0.7Ω, which corresponds to a possible duration of approximately 5h00 following the more or less regular use.
A product that is at the entry level for less than 35 euros, including the battery, the atomizer, the two resistors and the charging cable, I say bravo. All you have to do is add your favorite e-liquid.
It comes in several colors: black, silver, white or multicolored.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 19
- Product Length or Height in mm: 122
- Product weight in grams: 101
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of pieces in product: 7 with atomizer
- Number of threads: 3 (including 2 for the atomizer)
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
For the mod, the 510 connection is spring-mounted to allow a perfect match with the atomizer.
On the body and near the top-cap, we have a nice switch, adorned with the FumyTech logo which lights up with each support by a white light. The format is perfect and the button only comes out of barely 1mm for a short run and simple activation. Opposite the switch, there is an input that allows you to connect a micro USB cable to recharge your set-up.
For my test, the loaned version is black. A coating perfectly suited to intense use without marking fingerprints. In addition, the decoration of the mod remains sober with silver vertical lines, drawn throughout the length of the mod.
The atomizer is a clearomizer consisting of six parts including drip-tip and resistance. The two seals that hold the tank are wide enough to maintain maximum compression. The threads are perfect and, at the base of the atomizer, there are two airflows composed of 4 small holes that adjust to change the volume of the suction.
The atomizer uses two materials: pyrex for the tank and mirror stainless steel for the other parts. As for the drip-tip, it is quite classic black polycarbonate, with a conical shape for a medium inhalation.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Battery charge display, Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 19
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features are simple. In addition to the appearance of a mechanical mod, it is a tube with a battery owner 1600 mAh without possibility of varying the power. The set comes with two 0.7Ω resistors. The airflow is adjustable and the resistance value can be changed via the purchase of BVC Fumytech spare resistances in 0.7 or 0.9Ω. The power of vape with these resistors is around 20 / 30W maximum.
A small size set-up that offers a correct vape without adjustment. Locking the switch is done by turning off the mod by five successive presses, validated by the flashing of the luminous logo on the switch, which is also an indicator of the battery charge. It turns red when it is necessary to recharge.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Perfect packaging for this price range.
Nothing wrong, in a rigid cardboard box, we find the set-up consisting of the mod with its battery owner, the atomizer with its drip-tip and two resistors provided (in Kanthal 0.7Ω). There is also the cable to load your mod and an explanatory instruction manual in several languages, including French, which is very well done.
For a little less than 35 euros, this packaging should inspire some modeurs who provide their high-end equipment in poor conditions.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
A simple and effective use, since it is sufficient to unscrew the two parts of the atomizer, insert the resistance on the base, fill the tank and close everything.
Put the clearomizer on the battery, wait five minutes for the resistance imbibe properly, five clicks on the switch to turn on the mod and voila, you can vaper!
There is no power setting to make since it is depending on the value of your resistance that the battery will provide the necessary voltage. Be aware that the steam and hit will be more held with a resistance of 0.9Ω and that your battery will have a longer battery life.
I tested only the resistance of 0.7Ω since that of 0.9Ω was not provided. The first use was a bit long for priming, with some unpleasant "gurgles" that faded over use. The feeling vape could be compared to a power of 25W and airflow is ideally suited to this type of vaping, which I would describe as "cushy". No leaks were found during the test.
The only downside is filling the tank which is too narrow and requires the use of a syringe to avoid putting liquid in the chimney.
For transport, it remains discreet in a pocket and especially lightweight and compact.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? supplied template owner
- Description of the test configuration used: package description
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: that of the pack
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Purely 2 Plus is an inexpensive entry-level material that is a good introduction for those seeking effective smoking cessation. Easy to use, it does not have a huge power but still provides a nice steam.
Its battery 1600mAh will be a little light if you vapote regularly and abundantly, because the dry tip can arrive quickly. But this remains consistent with the capacity of 2ml in the tank. I think, even if I have not been able to test it, that the resistance value of 0.9Ω will be more adapted to this mod and will constitute a good set, with the possibility to adjust the airflow, for a beginner who will be able to evolve of a vape clinging to something more aerial as and when learning.
The rendering of flavors is far from negligible and reminds us that Fumytech is used to produce good quality atomizers.
In the balance sheet, it is a beautiful set with moderate but real performance that offers beginners or intermediaries a good tool for vape.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.