- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 229.00 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: 12
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
There are names in the vape that always have an effect. Pipeline belongs to this category of big names. Of course when we hear that the 3 Pipeline th the name is out, we rush. So I logically jumped on it.
The price brings us right back to the reason, we are on the high-end. 229 € the ticket is a sum. But we must not forget to put in front of it the guarantee of 2 years and the seriousness of the German mark.
In short, I have in my hands the Holy Pipeline 3, and for the moment I would say ....
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 106
- Product weight in grams: 153
- Material composing the product: Stainless Steel grade 304
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
... that there is nothing new under the German sky. Our 3 pro pipeline is a perfect copy of 1, 2, 2plus. Never change a winning team. Indeed, even if we would like sometimes a fantasy, or a small stylistic turn, we do not regret to find this drawing. A tube of a simplicity, refined, the design reflects this sober and efficient spirit, purely Germanic.
Its measurements do not change a hair, 104,5 mm long for a diameter of 22mm. The top cap and its spring pin do not change either. We find the guaranteed button 2 million clicks with pleasure as it is cared for.
The small Oled screen is displayed on the blank opposite the button. Small but clear, he does not evolve. The quality of the thread of the bottom-cap is also pleasant to find, be careful not to drop on a hard surface, the yarns are accurate but fragile.
In short, it is a Pipeline in all its splendor grade 1.403 stainless steel.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, temperature control of atomizer resistors, display brightness adjustment, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The pipeline offers everything you need in terms of functions and protections. Here is an exhaustive list:
- Temperature control possible with different resistive wires by adjusting the heating coefficient.
- Heat protection mode, it is a protection against overheating of the configurable coil. The heating cut-off time is set in the middle of the puff.
- Power Boost mode this one is like in K2000, when you activate it, you take off faster.
- Bypass mode (unregulated but electronically protected against overloads)
- Possible setting of the minimum voltage of the 2,5V to 3V
- Resistance measurement
- Display of the battery voltage under atomizer charge
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Set and display the scrolling velocity of the menu
- Setting the sleep timer
- Setting the number of activation clicks (0-5)
- Information menu
- Resistance range of the supported atomizer: from 0,05 to 5ohms
- Atomizer resistance range supported at 60W: from 0,17 to 2,1 ohms
- Reverse polarity protection
- Overheating protection
The pipeline is still the only one to deliver an alternating current, although I heard here and there that it was wrong, it is of course only allegations of some detractors of this product.
Again nothing new, at the same time the mod has everything you need, so we just increase the power to 60 watts.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This is one of the few points that annoys a hair when you buy a product with more than 200 balls. We are waiting for something other than this tube of square plastic section, the two parts of which fit into an unpleasant sound. Nothing, by the mod inside, and I forgot this cardboard sheath soberly decorated with the filigree pattern of the mod, behind which we told you that we will have to go on the internet to download its mode. employment because it shows itself a fair a little complex.
In short a mini scandal, please Mr Dicodes give your best seller a presentation worthy of the name.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This mod is compact, easy to carry. It does not suffer from any major flaws and in addition it offers (this is my opinion) one of the best feelings of vape. I like to say that the vape he offers is full, perfectly smooth. So it's a happiness, at least once you manage to control the settings. Indeed this mod is known, offers a multitude of settings, click numbers to enter the menu, battery cutoff voltage, brightness of the screen, I will not list them I'll just show you the l extand menu tree:
Since it is unreadable because it is intended to be viewed in A4 format, I invite you to download the user guide by clicking HERE.
That's it, all this must be managed with a single button and multiple scrollable screens, where the slightest uncontrolled click exposes you to a ride in the middle of the various menus and functions to be able to return to your blunder.
There is something to break a little head especially at the beginning. The game is worth the effort, but that effort.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? it's an all terrain mod that will make all the atomizers give their best expression between 5 and 60 watts
- Description of the test configuration used: I associated it with Gille, Taifun GT3, Serpent sub, Serpent mini and Tsunami (we take advantage a little)
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: One of my best set-up is with the Serpent mini, mounted in clapton to 0.60
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The 3 Pipeline continues the quiet road opened by its predecessors. It does not change much if it's not the extra 20 watts.
But let's be clear, this mod is already provided at the base of all it takes. In addition, its simple and clean design is a real pleasure for the eyes. We are faced with a beautiful German, who breathes, serious, class, sobriety, and efficiency. The vape it offers is always according to my tastes one of the best on the market.
Beyond the slightly alienating side of the adjustment mode and the poor packaging, you have an undeniable Top Mod.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.