- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: the little vaper
- Price of the tested product: 199 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Electronics with voltage and variable power
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 40 watts
- Maximum voltage: 12
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Dicodes finally delivers us his new Pipeline. The first Pipeline of the name remains a reference in the tubular electronic mod segment thanks to its unique chipset delivering a smooth AC signal and its manufacturing quality that allows it to be guaranteed for two years. But, with the advent of high-powered electronic boxes, he took a serious blow of old. Today, it comes to us in a new version. This V2 can go up to 40 watt, it also has a temperature control mode of the coil and, icing on the cake, it will accept resistances from 0,05ohm. Is the 2 Pipeline really up to the current requirements?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 104.5
- Product weight in grams: 123
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
True to its reputation, Dicodes offers us once again a mod of exceptional quality. The finish is just perfect. When you unscrew the bottom cap, you can not help but push a big "whaou" as the thread is nickel. It turns alone. The switch is still qualitative, it's a real treat. Great novelty: the screen is an oled screen, finished codes incomprehensible to the eraser, the messages are finally clear. The Pipeline grew from 6mm and took 8g so it remains as compact and lightweight as the first one. The design remains the same: simple and uncluttered. It is not very original anymore but it is one of the character traits of this mod. Finally, it is always guaranteed two years! And yes, our German friends have absolute confidence in their products and when we invest two hundred euros, it reassures.
- Type of chipset used: Alternative, Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the positive atomizer pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the current vape voltage, current vape power display, variable overheat protection for atomizer resistors, display brightness adjustment, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Pipeline is full of settings and protections. It takes over all the functions of the V1 except that, this time, the OLED screen is more understandable! No need to learn the codes or always have the manual on you. The mod regulates perfectly, the vape is smooth and full, it's pure pleasure.
The big news on this mod are:
- The bypass mode that allows you to transform your Pipeline into a mechanic while keeping the protections.
- The power boost that allows your coil to rise faster heating.
- 10 possible settings for heat protection.
- Temperature control and not only with Ni200
So, not only is it more powerful and it takes the resistances in subohm but Dicodes has integrated the mech mode and the temperature control. Really nice work!
For fun, here is the list of functions:
- 5 to 40 Watts
- Maximum output voltage of 12V
- 15A output current
- OLED screen
- Temperature control of the steam produced (possible with different resistive wires)
- Heat protection *
- Power Boost
- Bypass mode possible: unregulated but electronically protected against overloads
- Possible setting of the battery cut-off voltage (from 2,5V to 3V)
- Resistance measurement
- Display of the battery voltage under atomizer charge
- Adjustable screen brightness
- Setting and time display
- Setting the sleep timer
- Setting the number of activation clicks (0-5)
- Information menu
- Resistance range of the supported atomizer: from 0,05 to 5 Ohms
- Resistance range of the atomizer supported at 40W: from 0,2 to 3,5 Ohms
- Reverse polarity protection
- Overheating protection
Admit it's pretty good ...
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Well, the conditioning is not great. A plastic box and a cotton dressing around. No wonder but the mod is well protected. No instructions, you will have to search on the internet, the address or find it is indicated on the cardboard packaging.
It's a shame but let's be clear about this, the product is so good that we will be satisfied with this poor packaging.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Easy to live, nothing to report. The Pipeline is compact, it is even smaller than some mods in 18650. You will carry it without difficulty in your jacket pocket. The battery change is easy as hello. Be careful though, do not drop the bottom cap on hard ground, the thread is very thin so it could be fatal.
The mod does not suffer from any problem of behavior or heating, deutsche qualität !!!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? with what you like
- Description of the test configuration used: origen genesis v2 double and single coil (0.30 ohm and 0.5)
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No special configuration choose just an ato in 22 mm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Let's start with my position on the V1 Pipeline Pro before this test. I am one of the people who have not succumbed to the charm of the first version. At the time of its release, I was in an exclusively mechanical period. In addition, the fuss around this mod, the "sectarian" and elitist side that had developed around his promotion and finally the pro or anti-high-end climate that had shaken the community had removed all desire for 'acquire.
So I'm not by definition a "pro-pipeline". In addition, the few small tests that I had done with this first version did not convince me of its inevitable side. My experience was probably not big enough in the field of smooth vape in particular and I was struggling to perceive the subtlety.
But today things have changed. This time I was ready and without a priori. And what a nice slap I caught myself ... 😯
The qualitative side has always been obvious and it is still the case with this V2.
The functions are even more numerous and the contribution of the OLED screen has finally ended the "naval battle" which was played at each setting with these pesky alphanumeric codes.
The increase in power, the appearance of temperature control, by-pass mode are all new features that contribute to its upgrading.
The Pipeline has therefore received all the weapons to resume the fight and my faith, he manages to resume his place in the landscape of the vape. This mod has kept its identity and has not succumbed to the tsunami of "boxing-mod" !.
As for the quality of vape, she is always unique. Today, my experience allows me to appreciate all aspects. This sleek smooth vape and quiet power create absolute pleasure that only the Pipeline can provide.
The V2 pipeline really has everything to become a reference on the current market. Only the price can slow you down but do not forget the 2 warranty that only Dicodes offers. I who thought never to return to a tubular mod, I could well review my position as this product is good. So, I leave myself some months so that my finances recover from my last crackings and I will take one but the wait will be very long.
Thank you to Petit Vapoteur for allowing me to make this unique experience.
Good luck and see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.