- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Vikings Vap / Savourea
- Price of the tested product: 249 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 200 watts
- Maximum voltage: 8,4
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
For once we will look at a material made in France, and what material! A box entirely made by hand, by a team of artists-craftsmen, according to the design of Mauricio Villalobos Angulos, the creator.
The company Vikings Vap has four enthusiasts who, not content to offer an exceptional upscale box, also make liquids in partnership with the brand Savourea. Available since mid-September 2015, this limited edition box, numbered, is rather expensive. Its originality is due to this manual handcrafting, of an irreproachable quality and the chipset used, which gives pride of place to the efficiency, to assure to its happy owner, a great stability of vape to all the powers and this, until at 200W. No regulation to energy-consuming calculations and screen. Here, it is the bare minimum that prevails, for maximum autonomy and comfort of vape at the top level.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 52
- Product Length or Height in mms: 105
- Product weight in grams: 245
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum, Brass, PMMA
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Nordic Mythology
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Plastic Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The dimensions are as follows: length = 105 mm, thickness = 26 mm, width = 52 mm, for a weight not equipped with 135 g. The hull and lid are 3mm thick aluminum. The sliding lid includes two rows of two magnets, ensuring its perfect fit once closed and preventing it from going out completely once opened, to avoid falls.
The double cradle accommodates two 18650 batteries, it is equipped with an extraction ribbon. The part devoted to the controls and the chipset are protected in a plastic housing, only the back of the screen is visible. One reason for this is to ventilate the electronics to cool them down. The interior is flawless.
The stainless steel 510 connector is drawn on a diameter of 22mm, to accommodate atos requiring an air supply from below. The positive brass pin adjusts to the screwing of your ato to give the set a flush appearance.
A very slightly protruding switch, consisting of a small 4mm stainless steel ball of diameter, is inserted in a cylindrical housing, in the center of a circular truncated cone-shaped hollow of 9 mm diameter at the surface. . The dial of the desired voltage is black plastic, it is handled with a finger. The LCD screen (22 x 9 mm) has three indicator modules.
The set is perfectly built, very pure and engraving, logo of the brand, is a marvel of achievement.
- Type of chipset used: Alternative (200 W Raptor Chip)
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
First of all, I have two important comments to share. The first concerns the batteries you will use. As recommended in the instructions and on the website of Vikings Vap, you must use batteries with high discharge capacity in peak and continuously, 35A will be desirable. The second is that I did not notice the presence of venting vents, which, for a manufacture of such a level of finish is surprising to say the least. The sliding design of the cover probably allows the degassing of a battery in case of severe defection of it, but I can not certify it. This last observation is a bit down the general note.
The box has a plastic wheel that allows you to select the voltage delivered by the box is the only notable feature. The chipset also analyzes the remaining charge in the two batteries, it tells you before mounting the ato. It is advisable not to go down under 6V, (3V for each battery) to avoid degrading the performance of your batteries.
A resistance of at least 0,3 ohm is necessary for the correct operation of the chipset as stipulated in the manual (be careful, if your resistance is lower than these recommendations, there is a risk of malfunction or degradation and cancellation of warranty). The PWM Chipset, NSR040A0X43Z (200W Raptor Chip) Pulse Width Modulation will deliver a higher frequency of regular electrical pulses (in pulses per second) than most of the regulators we usually use as Evolv, Yihi or Joyetech. This results in a great stability of vape, to all the powers, with a reliability of values announced and actually delivered.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The PWM will be delivered in a beautiful black cardboard box, with the image of the brand. The box is effectively protected in a semi-rigid foam, under which you will find a small black velvet sheath, a notice in French and a guarantee card. A simple, sufficient packaging, no frills.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
No safety as we meet on the box usually, it is really advisable not to be mistaken for the introduction of serial batteries. Only the short circuit is detected and cuts off the firing functionality. The advantage of this simplicity is not to be confronted with an energy-consuming and complex electronics to handle. As soon as the atomizer is put in place, you can raise or lower the voltage according to your resistance value, by acting on the potentiometer. I have a bit of power with the Mirage 0,3ohm to take the picture below, you can see that the box is not kidding on the power delivered (and I'm not thoroughly!)
It is a machine to send serious, you will rediscover your drippers!
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Any type of ato up to 30mm in diameter, sub-ohm or higher mountings to 1 / 1,5 ohm
- Description of the test configuration used: 2 35 A battery and drippers to enjoy the max.
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Frankly it's very open, yours will be very good.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Vikings Vap offers us a box reserved for advanced users, knowing in advance the resistance values of their atomizers, knowing how it is imperative to place good dedicated and paired batteries with high discharge capacity. This is the Rolls of semi-regulated boxes. It is expensive to buy but is well worth the price, given the performance and quality of manufacture. I was really amazed by the vape it provides, next to that of the battery maccu loaded block (which does not last alas).
The kind of object that makes us forget the over-equipped boxes to find a signal authenticity as in Meca, the power and the stability in addition.
Thank you for reading me, I'm going back, I'll have to give it back and it bothers me.
See you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.