- Sponsor who loaned the product for the magazine: Acquired on our own funds
- Price of the tested product: 69 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 120 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Asmodus, partner of Sigelei is known in our country with a very muscular box, the Snow Wolf 200w, a box rather typical power that did not necessarily please everyone.
Strong to be seen, the decision to create a small box with neat design, rather chic without cutting corners on the power was taken.
The Minikin was born with a specification for the least abundantly provided.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 55
- Product Length or Height in mms: 75
- Product weight in grams: 170
- Material composing the product: Steel resulting from a specific work
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
In its black version, the Minikin offers a soft touch coating. Indeed, it is fully covered with a second silicone skin offering a grip and a flawless finish.
For other colors (white and blue) it will be a painting that will be more sensitive to scratches. Too bad that the silicone coating was not applied to the other colors.
The grip is very good, even for those with small hands. The layout of the various buttons is also well thought out, taking again what made the sucks of Stratum, a best seller from Russia.
So we will find a nice shoot button on the top of the box just above the screen and both [+] and [-] button on the edge, in the low position, slightly protruding to avoid unwanted support.
Also present, a spring-loaded 510 connector, slightly protruding to avoid any scratching on the coating, while ensuring flush mounting of your atomizers.
The little extra box, its chipset of American origin, the GX120 v2 announced as saving electricity.
Asmodus Announces 15 Economy Has 30% Compared to Chipsets Design. Other chipset manufacturers do not communicate on consumption values, it will be hard to check the advanced figures not Asmodus.
The latter, moreover, announces a "Work Efficiency" of 94%. Basically, at the shoot, only 6% of energy will be lost between the power supply of the chipset and the heat released by the latter to send, so you will understand, 94% will go to your atomizer.
If in fact, these values are not measurable by us, simple vapers, it results in a real low electrical consumption quantifiable by the number of times you will need to change the battery during the day.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Adjustment of the luminosity of the atomizer display, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? Yes
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Minikin is a box 18650 double flat type of battery (flat positive), housed under a hood intelligently integrated into the design of the box.
It will be able to deliver 120W in standard power mode and 60W in temperature control mode.
It will take your resistances from 0.1ohm and up to 2.5ohms and will be able to deliver to your atomizer 7.5v and 35A to the maximum
His chipset him, will offer several functions.
- Adjustable power.
- Temperature control.
Compatible with Ni200, Titanium, ss304 and ss316
- Brightness adjustment.
Convenient to save valuable volt.
- Screen color inverter.
Black and white <-> white and black
All easily accessible via an 5 clicks on the shoot.
To avoid any problem of overheating or if a faulty battery is outgassing, a row of vents is located under the box in the dark.
Technical pretensions very interesting and sticking perfectly to current productions.
Some people will regret the absence of a bypass or meca mode, but this choice is simply explained by the fact that the box is powered by two batteries in series (so 8.4v input) and that it would have been necessary to add some additional components to electronics to lower this voltage to lower values, which would have pushed up the price of the final note.
For charging, everything will happen on a dedicated charger, indeed, for the sake of aesthetics, Asmodus has chosen not to include a USB port that can yet be useful on the go. You are warned, take the batteries!
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Packaging of the simplest, a box containing the box, a notice in English and Chinese, well illustrated for those allergic to foreign languages.
Nothing extraordinary but sufficient.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Nothing exceptional or complicated, small navigation and very simple and intuitive.
Just choose your favorite vape mode, screw your ato and you're ready.
Simple, beautiful and effective.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 4
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? No rules, the box will be comfortable with all kinds of atomizers
- Description of the test configuration used: Different atomizer with different resistance values
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: No rules, the box will be comfortable with all kinds of atomizers
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.8 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Minikin is for me a real success, both aesthetically and technically.
The dimensions make them one of the smallest dual battery packs currently on the market, yet it offers 120W power thanks to its excellent GX120 chipset here in v2 version.
Some complained of a temperature control completely on the street on the first batches (GX120 v1) is now a bad memory.
Too bad, however, that it is necessary to buy a box again to take advantage of the evolutions of the chipset, a simple USB port (even hidden under the battery door) for the updates would have been a real plus, especially for the processors of the first batches.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.