- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: MyFree-Cig
- Price of the tested product: 89.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 120 watts
- Maximum voltage: 7.5
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The Minikin by Asmodus divinely carries its name, since with its small size for a box in double battery, it fits perfectly in the hand.
From a power of 5W to 120W in variable power and from 5W to 60 W in temperature control for a range between 212 ° F and 572 ° F (or 100 ° C and 300 ° C), it is equipped with a proprietary chipset GI120 V2 which has a very good autonomy and which accepts the resistances of 0.1Ω to 2.5Ω.
The design is uncluttered, elegant and very seductive. Under a discreet and sober logo, the setting buttons have been placed differently from most boxes, a feature that seduces or disturbs, but remains original!
This box is available in several colors, that of my test is totally black with a coating very pleasant to the touch.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 56 x 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 80
- Product weight in grams: 264
- Material composing the product: Steel resulting from a specific work (zinc alloy and silicone gel)
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Minikin Box is made of zinc alloy with a coating on the battery access cover which is in black silicone gel. This rubberized appearance gives it a particularly soft and gripping touch.
Although it is not sensitive to fingerprints, its matte appearance does not benefit from more or less greasy traces of liquid that could flow.
These rounded corners provide an appreciable comfort in the outfit and its particularly fine size makes it very malleable.
The spring-loaded pin is silver plated for better and durable conductivity.
Under the box, one can easily see the two ramps of 6 holes that allow air circulation under the batteries to dissipate heat in the body of the box.
The switch is typically placed near the top-cap while the two adjustment knobs are located on the side. From an aesthetic point of view, it's much nicer. For convenience, I have a little trouble getting me there, it's not instinctive and even a little embarrassing. But all the buttons are reactive, well fixed and pleasant.
The almost square screen is clear. The advantage is given to us to be able to adjust the brightness.
For the hood, no tool is needed since it slides easily when you pull it and the batteries are easily inserted.
The decoration is sober with engravings in the form of large commas inlaid on each side as the logo of asMODus on one of the faces.
Overall, it is a reliable product and of good constitution.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Adjustment of the luminosity of the atomizer display
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of the Minikin are quite correct. With a compatibility diameter of atomizers up to 23mm and a floating pin, the set-up will be flush.
The specifics of this product are not exceptional, but still offer the most important:
• The voltage during use is between 6.4V and 9V
• The max output current is 35A
• The power working range is between 5W and 120W and between 6W and 60W in CT
• Range of resistive power values: from 0.1Ω to 2.5Ω
• Two modes of use: power and temperature control
• Resistive admitted in temperature control: Ni200, Titanium, SS316 and SS304
• The working range in temperature control is adjustable between 100 ° C and 300 ° C.
• Screen Saver mode with brightness adjustment from 1 to 10
• Choice of highlighted wallpaper
The protections are perfectly assured:
• Against short circuits
• Against the voltage too low to avoid deep discharges
• Against overheating
• Against resistance temperatures that are too high
• Against polarity reversal
• Button lock
• Against resistances that are too low or too high
• Turn off the screen after 10 seconds
On the other hand, you can not update your chipset since no USB port is included with the Minikin. Cable charging is not possible either.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The conditioning is appreciable. In a sober black cardboard box, a window lets us see the box before even having opened. It is wedged in a protective foam and, under this foam, you have a certificate of guarantee, a warning card for the use of batteries and a user's manual, which is in two languages (English and Chinese). ) but unfortunately not in French. However, the manual is pleasantly complete and also provides us with the technical parameters of the chipset.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The use is really simple:
• 5 clicks on the switch to turn on the box
• 5 clicks on the switch to access the menu
In the menu, each click on the switch scrolls the proposals:
- System or: to turn off the box
- <Power> or <TI> or <NI> or <SS304> or <SS316> mode: for vape mode selection depending on the resistive wire used
- Brightness <10>: Screen Saver
- Exchange or: Highlighted screen background
- Exit <on> or <off>: to exit the menu
When you are in Temperature Control mode, on your screen, two values are displayed, temperature and power. You can change these values by pressing the "+" and "-" simultaneously.
To change the temperature unit (from F to C or from C to F), simply lower the value to the minimum and press «-»
To block the setting buttons, press the switch and the "+"
By pressing the switch and the "-", the value of your resistance is displayed.
Nothing very complicated, this box is really easy to use. No latency, nice responsiveness, irreproachable button but, what surprised me a lot is its autonomy that is much superior to other boxes of this type since I have kept my batteries more than two days on a resistance 0.45Ω at 35W. On the sub-ohm has 120W, the autonomy is not the same but, on the other hand, it provides perfectly the requested power.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? all without problem up to 23mm in diameter
- Description of the test configuration used: in subohm a 0.45 Ω and in CT Ni200 to 0.2 Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: there is none in particular
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
It is a very attractive product that works beautifully!
The Minikin has an impressive autonomy and its size is barely wider than a box in simple battery.
Of good constitution, its physical qualities are appreciable and its performances are substantial, which remains correct vis-à-vis its price.
Too bad, however, that no mode of recharge is proposed or update for the chipset.
The adjustment buttons positioned on the side make handling slightly annoying but it remains a detail for those who fiddle with the settings.
On the other hand, the screen saver and the highlighting of it is a real plus according to the surrounding brightness.
A beautiful result for this Minikin
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.