- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 134.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
The current mode is not the tubular mods and especially mods mecas of this format. Admittedly, the ocean of boxes that has invaded the planet Vape for a few months has taken in its wake many aesthetic certainties. Nevertheless, there is still a plethora of interesting proposals in the bastion of resistance of mods méca tubes and I am happy! Because, beyond the fashions and the technological innovations, there is room for noble and simple mods and above all it remains a loyal, resistant public, always ready to rave about a classical form but which has been proven in efficiency, both technical and ergonomic.
The Maori is a mod created in France by Pure Diamond and produced in the Philippines by Critical Minds / Alien Works. This is a mechanical mod of fairly conventional bill but which is precisely the bet of an assumed classicism, pledge of aesthetic purity and a non-confusing ergonomics for regulars mods mecha. A bet that seems difficult to hold at a time when box-type mules with two, three or four batteries provide them with first-rate performance.
But the Maori exists to demonstrate that beyond performance, there is pleasure. That of vimming simply with a beautiful mod and provided with enough qualities to jostle the "established" order of things. A bit like a Gus or a Pro-MS. The price is high but it remains below average for a luxury mod. Anatomy of an outsider ...
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 95.3
- Product weight in grams: 157.6
- Materials composing the product: Copper, Brass, Stanless Steel Grade 304
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative Style: Cultural Reference
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 10
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Average
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
A very beautiful object. That's what we think when we look at this mod.
First of all, the combination of the three alloys (steel / copper / brass) is very harmonious because rather than stacking the metals in an anarchic way, the manufacturer preferred to bet on an all-steel body 304, a top cap and a bottom brass cap and copper lock ring. This means that none of the two "auxiliary" materials can interfere with the simplicity of stainless steel, which remains the majority.
The aesthetic success is also due to the four engravings on the mod. The main, a tribal turtle is engraved in the mass of steel, very deeply and we can only raved about the total success of this engraving, both in design and in realization. The second engraving is placed on the other side of the body and features three symbols that seem to me to be letters but, as I do not have the chance to speak Maori fluently and that I forgot all my Filipino the day of my first cooked, I can not reveal the meaning ... The third engraving, illustrating the logo and the name Pure Diamond, is located on the switch and is equally qualitative. We are far from certain graphic wanderings where it is difficult to discern a coherent form. Here, it's clean, clean, without burrs. We feel that the manufacture was operated under the responsibility of a craftsman who knows his job. The last engraving, finally, gives the serial number on the top of the bottom cap, where it joins the steel tube.
The quality of finish is excellent even if I regret a certain laziness of the thread which should disappear in my opinion after a treatment with adequate fat. The size of the mod, even if we know much smaller, is not at all a handicap because it remains sufficiently measured for ergonomics, discretion and comfort in hand.
The switch is exceptional flexibility. Its course is adjustable and above all, it fires every time, in any condition of support. Do not laugh, it's not so common, even on mods much more expensive ...
However, I want to specify here that the copy that is in my hands has already been used, that it bears some traces of use, that its packaging is open and a little worn and especially that my august predecessor has not be sure that the locking ring had a reverse thread. So he had to squeeze or loosen like a deaf and made this ring completely inoperative .... I decided not to take it into account in my review as it seems obvious that this Maori has suffered from abuse and is therefore not symptomatic of the entire series. But I thank this person for the sweats she made me take to try to turn things around, I had some pounds to lose ...
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
If we except the locking system that I could not test for the reasons mentioned above, the Maori wins valuable points on its functionality. No esoteric features here, it is a mechanical mod, reduced to its simplest expression and shining precisely by this simplicity.
Armed with an 18650 Efest Milka battery measured at 4.19V, the mod sends 4.13V. This is probably not the world record of conductivity but the result is not infamous and in use, the mod is not a problem. It gives a lot, is energetic at will and can tame your atomizers more rebels as long as you equip him with the battery.
Note the presence of a top cap engraved with tribal symbols judiciously arranged to leave an air corridor for the atomizers taking their airflow through their connection.
The atomizer / mod / accu setting is classic too. The top cap is equipped with a floating pine copper which pushes inwardly as you screw your atomizer. Then simply adjust the screw located at its center to adapt to the length of the battery and make contact. A solution already old but practical to use.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is very simple and consists of a handcrafted leather box with a glass window to see the mod. Inside, a box of black velvet encloses in its bosom the Maori which appears in all its splendor like the Venus of Botticelli in its shell Saint-Jacques. Nothing else, no instructions (too bad for beginners), no spare parts. Nothing but the necessary, the bare necessary but very nicely presented.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy but requires a workspace
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
In use, we have an all-terrain mod that behaves royally and has great hypnotic power on people (tested for you in the street, a passer-by even stopped me to ask me to watch it). The flexibility of the switch, the fact that the mod upright even without unlocking and the quality of the finish make it a useful tool that vapes without problems. And this is probably the quintessence of a mod mecha of this type. No need to take the helpless, we vape and when we feel a drop in speed, we change the battery and it's gone!
I tested this mod with a panel of resistors without encountering any problem taking care however to put the appropriate battery and not descending lower than the maximum output intensity of the battery allowed me. We can not repeat it enough: we do not play with the laws of electricity. If you put a 0.001Ω resistance on your dripper and you use an Ultrafire that comes out 3.5A, do not complain if the mod fills you in the hand ... Owning a mecha is a pleasure, certainly, but who deserves having taken first of all to acquire the knowledge necessary for its use. Otherwise, it's as if you were driving in a Renault 8 Gordini thinking you have the airbag, ESP and four-wheel drive. At the first corner, you will graze the grass.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A good dripper in 22mm. If possible in brushed steel for a beautiful aesthetic result.
- Description of the test configuration used: Maori + Mutation X V3, Origen V2 Genesis, Steampipes Change
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The one that suits you best!
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Although its technology does not make it a revolution, the Pure Diamond Maori uses its advantageous plastic to tempt us. And it is clear that he gets there very well ... Indeed, the perfection of its engravings, its classic but classy look, its proven adjustment and switch system make it a pleasant and beautiful companion of vape. Moreover, the feeling in hand is very good because the engraving tickles you pleasantly the palm and the flexibility of the switch, downright bluffing, plays a lot in the pleasure felt.
Available and good driver, it will appeal to fans of quiet vape as lovers of abundant steam, within the limit of course the presence of a single battery. But his purpose is more in seduction than in performance, in the precious aspect than in violence. A little cloud of beauty in this world of brutes!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.