- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 179 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
I like boxs ...
But what I regret today, is that, as the vapers of which I am are as sensitive to the fashions as a shoplifter who looks at the Queens of the shopping, there are less and less mods tubes which persist in the panorama. Look at your favorite shops, it's dry right now on the good old cylindrical mecha I loved so much and still love. Too bad that the appearance of a new technology or a new aesthetic almost certainly causes the disappearance of the old. Maybe it will come back to you one day but it must be admitted, the tube, whether electro or mechanic is in complete loss of speed.
The Kurgan borrows the name of the barbaric villain from the movie Highlander who wants to shorten Mac Leod to absorb the Quickening. And there is something! Indeed, it is a mod in 26650, which seems cut in mithril by the dwarves of Moria. A mod for man, even for superman given the size and weight of the machine.
Thought in France by Pure Diamond and made in the Philippines, the mod will require a complete cleaning when you receive it. With a little elbow grease, you will gain in efficiency on the threads and the switch which are therefore, as too often for mods pinoys, delivered dirty ....
At a sale price of 179 €, the Kurgan has a beautiful appearance and if you are interested, I advise you to do quickly because, as fans of the film know it well: "it must remain one!"
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 30.1
- Product Length or Height in mms: 98.1
- Product weight in grams: 352
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Delrin, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decoration style: Universe movie
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 8
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Penetrate into the still steaming bowels of the immortal to discover a mod all copper whose battery tube is covered with a stainless steel tube, probably to accentuate the strength, avoid the nauseating effects of the patina of the metal red on your hands of giants or, more prosaically allow the engravings partially hollowed out on the stainless steel to reveal the copper bottom. This is the most beautiful effect and makes perfectly well on the two "faces" of the mod, one presenting us the Kurgan Broadsword and the other his helmet worthy of Attila. This decoration is beautiful and a level of machining rarely achieved before.
Besides, the mod breathes quality. The brushed stainless steel, engraved copper of the switch to the arms of the manufacturer, the top-cap which contains a quite functional system of gutters to recover any leakage of juice and that should not be confused with a system of aeration, as I originally thought. It's beautiful, it inspires solidity foolproof and you will only want to forge a beautiful blade to put on if you want to also take you for an immortal and slice in the quick turn to you by using it guard.
However, and I hope it concerns only my copy but I doubt, despite disassembly / cleaning / reassembly in rule, I encountered a lot of missfire problems with the switch. Indeed, the blocking function of the switch is based on a ball spring that helps the switch to turn on itself and lock, either in an "ON" position or in the "OFF" position. And it works well ... on paper. Indeed, just make an eighth turn on itself to switch to lock or unlock. Awesome !
Alas, reality catches up with us quickly. In the cavities provided for the ball to roll, there is no notch at the end of the path for the ball to jam. So that in practice, the switch turns on itself when it is requested and it is a pleasure, of course, to prevent us from firing when we want. And we end up spending most of the time to put it back up to vaper a little. Too bad because, when the switch is perfectly positioned, its use is quite pleasant and its race quite reduced. But this only happened to me very rarely ....
So, even if the quality of execution is really splendid, this defect of design generates a real malaise with the vape.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Medium, the locking system chosen is not reliable
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? No, nothing is planned to feed an atomizer from below
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
In optimal operation (translation: when the switch does not bother us), the Kurgan is really excellent and it is a beast of race in terms of conductivity. 4.12V for a battery loaded 4.2V out of 510, it's really very good.
There is no possibility to supply air to the 510 connection, which generates few vapers. On the other hand, there is thus this famous system of gutters quite well thought out. On the top-cap, surrounding the 510 connection as a moat, there is a fairly large space devoted to juice recovery. 6 channels arranged around the axis allow you to recover the liquid that would flow from your ato (if it has a diameter less than 30mm of course) and direct it to the tank mentioned above. The goal is to ensure that the juice does not flow into the connection itself and create a disaster on your battery. It is well seen, well thought out and it can be very useful especially if you use drippers or atos "dirty".
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The packaging is quite nice and consists of a box covered with real faux leather or a glass window has been arranged to see the interior. This interior is composed of the mod, sitting in a bed of felt like a vampire in his coffin and nothing else.
Well, I gladly forgive the absence of instructions. It is a mod mecha in its simplest expression, thus addressing an audience aware of this type of operation that will see no problem for the start of the Kurgan.
By cons, we could have appreciated some spare parts or a velvet rag, something that makes the buyer happy with its acquisition beyond the mod. It's too much asked? Well, 179 €, 1175 of our francs that the under twenty can not know. This is the price I paid my first used car ....
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Always damned switch! It is almost impossible to be sure that it will send the sauce the moment you press ....
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
I used the Kurgan for 24 hours. Normally, I always push the test further to have a real feeling on the behavior of a mecha in situation. But here, I admit having abandoned because the eternal insolence of the switch put me in states of nerve that the most basic decency prevents me from describing here ... And as this material, like the others, was lent to me, I I wanted to avoid throwing him in the face of one of my fellows on the street.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Rebuildable Genesys type metal mounting mesh, Rebuildable Genesys type mounting metal wick
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A dripper and a big !!!!
- Description of the test configuration used: Taifun Dripper, Mutation X V3, Billow 2
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A stainless steel / copper dripper in 22 / 23 minimum diameter
was the product liked by the reviewer: No
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 2.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
A columnist can only test what he has in his hands. I do not think that the crippling defect that I met on my copy concerns only him but rather that it is a real problem of design at the level of the lock of the switch.
It's all the more unfortunate that the mod could easily have been one of the best mascades that went through my hands, but this flagrant offense of malfunction could not be considered harmless. Indeed, a mod mecha tubular, we press the switch and it's a fire, right? The concept is simple. No electronics, it does not give the time, does not aquagym or calculate complex algorithms. It is only asked one thing fucking is to send the sauce when you press the switch. And if possible each time, without the need to reframe the bazaar to achieve it. So if it is not the case, what remains? A copper case to carry a battery?
In the balance, I am disappointed and angry. Because in all honesty, when we see the beauty of the Kurgan and his sin in action, we want only one thing, it is perfect. I will wait for the release of the Mac Leod, hoping he will not have lost his mind either.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.