- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 171.25 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Luxury (over 120 euros)
- Mod type: Mechanical without kick support possible
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
I did not know the Filipinos that they were sensitive to the themes of the legendary Nordic mythology, dear to the authors of the Heroic Fantasy culture, whose hours of cinematographic glory raged in the last century.
The moderator of Pure Diamond must be a fan since he dedicated his creation to a furious character of the Highlander saga, Kurgan, why not?
We are therefore in the presence of a mod mecan of size and weight consequent beautiful and well finished, but which however will not really be suitable for a population of vapers, which I can understand. At box time, this type of mod tends to become rarer, I regret it but can also understand it. They offer neither the security nor the convenience of an electronic regulation. They ask for a good knowledge of the technical aspects of the atos and the batteries and to finish, do not really agree to the vape beyond an ohm.
Yet, they have undeniable assets that will never know the electro, we'll talk about it again.
Our Kurgan is a numbered limited edition piece. Its price is high. it is an artistic creation as much as a specific material to the vape "full meca" which alone, gives a participative access to the most formidable official cloud chasing contests. Competitions very widespread across the Atlantic and very popular with Asian people (inveterate players, in front, next to and never far from the Lord). For you and me, it's a mega mod méca, point.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 30
- Product Length or Height in mms: 97
- Product weight in grams: 230
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Delrin, Copper
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decoration style: Universe movie
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: On the bottom cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 8
- Number of threads: 5
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
It's really a beautiful object, made of copper and stainless steel. The body of the tube is engraved with a sword under which one can read KURGAN, and an aggressive-looking helmet prolonged by a long hair.
These engraved decorations are also hollowed out in places, revealing the copper that forms the inner tube. These two-tone relief patterns are the artistic originality of this mod, they are perfectly made.
The top cap is solid copper, it has grooves for ventilation below some atomizers, except those supplied directly by the 510 connection. A black Delrin ring encloses a truncated cylinder which accommodates the adjustable positive pin, in the center of the top cap, on the battery side. The 510 connector is surrounded by a circular bowl that can receive any leakage of juice without compromising the conductivity of the device.
The bottom cap is also made of solid copper. The constituent parts are 4 including an iron spring. Here there is the main ring screwed to the tube, worked inside to ensure the locking function, it is extended in its center by a cylinder around which the spring is arranged and which receives the adjustable pin negative. The latter also ensures the maintenance of the switch, itself engineered for the locking function.
The parts assembled to the central tube are well machined and screw threads are of good quality, so far no problem to note, it's beefy, it's clean and very neat.
- Type of chipset used: None / Mechanical
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Medium, the locking system chosen is not reliable
- Features offered by the mod: None / Mod Méca
- Accusability: 26650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 30
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Not applicable, it is a mechanical mod
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
And here we are at the stage of angry reports. Everything had started well, I will even add some positive points. The conductivity is excellent, the choice of the material in contact with the battery and the inner column being for many, the copper is one of the best conductors. The locking function is effective, a simple screwing of the switch of barely 1 / 8ème tower prevents any unwanted ignition.
But two other aspects will tarnish the picture. First, I note the absence of vents, it is appalling! A mod mecha must imperatively be provided and it is the case for the vast majority of them, at all prices. A mod at the price of the Kurgan who does not have one, must be taken over by the designer who must make the mandatory change, it is a security issue that can not be compromised (unless a good handyman tooled and practice the necessary holes yourself, top-cap and / or bottom-cap).
The other big problem I have encountered is the impossibility of controlling the firing. When you unlock the switch, you should be able to operate it, it can help to vape. This is not systematic with the Kurgan, as implausible as it may seem, so it is. The defect is not very complicated to detect, but much more to solve. The switch is the part that rotation is released from the lock, this action is performed freely without a set situation. The situation (unlocked) is thus not established and maintained in place by any system. So she will move simply because you have to operate the switch to vaper. A small inadvertent rotation of the switch before pressing and you are locked again! It is very embarrassing and to say unacceptable for a mod of this category.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? No
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 1.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Kurgan is housed in a cardboard box covered with a material reminiscent of leather, inside which is made a rectangular housing upholstered with velvet (?) Black.
The lid of this box does not close, it is against against a glass window. I would have personally preferred it to close, but decidedly, this practical aspect seems absent from the conceptual considerations of the creator, shame ... should I remind you the price of the tube?
I just understood the usefulness of the window is to not make any mistake in posing or catching the box, indeed, if you catch it with the tips of the fingers upside down, the mod is by earth, an attention that a clasp would have avoided. Another missing detail: the notice. While not essential, but useful and demonstrating a form of respect for the purchaser, this document is also mandatory for devices in contact with electricity in the EU.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Nothing works, requires a shoulder bag
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? Yes
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
The locking system, is really effective in the locked position, to switch to the position of use is haphazardly, a shot that switches and the time after you are blocked, a free rotation design that does not effectively maintain the firing position. Too bad.
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Recommendations for use
My recommendations for the use of this mod will be psycho-pedagogical rather than technical.
Arm yourself with patience and leniency for your mod, after all it is for nothing in what you live with it. Think of its qualities, hold back your gestures of exasperation, they could cause an accident. Write in French what you think of the designers of the object and undertake a translation in Filipino for a possible claim, via their website, it flushes and it can be useful.
DIYers, I urge them to quickly evacuate the problem of venting vents, it should not pose major disadvantages. For the switch there is also material to think a solution of beneficial comfort on the base of the catch of stop (share your finds you will make happy).
Technically and when you have overcome these inconveniences, you just need to make sure to use an 26650, IMR High Drain battery with a minimum 25A capacity for your safety. This mod is not kickable (without changing the diameter of a kick) and the Vape Fuses are also not suited to the diameter of the battery, so choose a good from the start.
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 26650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Atos in 30mm will be flush
- Description of the test configuration used: 22 mm Drippers
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: an 26650 high drain (25A mini) and your favorite mega ato between 0,1 and 1 ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.4 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
And to say that when it works it is super efficient! It's a fact, you have a very good energy driver. 26650 are more powerful and last longer for the same characteristics as 18650. Another advantage that allows you this mod: a better autonomy.
Atos 30mm diameter, if they are not legion, nevertheless exist and as I noticed Papagallo, the set with a 22mm is not unsightly, unlike an ato 30 on a mod in 22.
Remains the price of the Bouzin, that I would have liked to justify, but I can only see that it is of course too high for a mod that does not allow to vape at will and safely. I'm sorry because it would have been enough for the Kurgan to get a note at the height of its claims, perhaps a new version will see the day, which will enhance the reputation of this moderator and his Maori to name only him.
See you soon
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.