- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 75.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 225W
- Maximum voltage: 9V
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Smok has been going out lately. Between the electronic boxes of all types and the series of TF, the Chinese manufacturer has managed to make a place of choice in the landscape of the vape.
The Veneno TFV8 Big Baby Kit is typically a kit for young, spirited dogs. Yes, you know ... these vapers of average seniority, a little geeks around the edges and want to make beautiful clouds without putting their hands in the grease.
A style quite marked, as often with the products of the brand. Double 18650, 225W, TC and all the toutim, associated with a clearomiser compatible with proprietary resistors multi-coils very powerful. All the ingredients seem to come together to offer our baby cloud chasers a product of choice, ready to use, at a competitive price.
So let's see this new Smoktech product.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 30.60
- Product Length or Height in mm: 85
- Product weight in grams: 220
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative Style: BD Universe
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
As often with Smoktech, one does neither subtle nor discreet.
The red and gold model that I have been given gives me the impression of having a "piece" of Iron Man in my hands. Indeed, our box double battery has many elements of style that recall the beautiful armor of our superhero.
Designed a bit like the Sinuous from Wizmec, we find on each of the short sides a yoke. One of them hides the trigger. In front, a square screen of 1.3 inches oled, which offers a very clear definition.
Among the many aesthetic elements that adorn the facade, we discover the +/- button that takes the shape of a golden chevron. It is framed by two larger chevrons and concealed white translucent. We distinguish, placed near the base, the micro USB port.
On the top, we find the pine 510 in an eccentric position, we can also see the two long sides which are slightly curved.
On the back of the beast, there are five translucent white chevrons.
Placed under the box, the battery door opens with a sliding button. The room looks rather solid and the interior of the house is very clean.
The paint is very pretty, it seems quite resistant and all the finishes seems quite suitable given the tariff position. Even if the aesthetics is not the finest, the goal is achieved: it fart!
The clearomizer that accompanies it is not unknown, it is a TFV 8 Big Baby. 24.5 mm diameter, drip-tip 810, generous airflow, it fits perfectly to the size of the box. He borrows the same shade, which gives a very harmonious.
A kit rather exuberant, which makes a hair "you saw me", but that is far from being ugly. It may be just a bit dull (and I'm not talking about weight), but in any case the price / quality ratio seems fair and justified.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors, Connection BlueTooth, Supports the update of its firmware, Adjustment of display brightness, Clear diagnostic messages, Indicators of operation
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 2
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? Lighting
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 26
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
As you can imagine, our Veneno embeds what it takes to be in a good position in the landscape of 18650 double box up to 225 W.
The main screen is very clear, it shows the charge level of the batteries, the power or temperature, the duration of the puff in seconds, the resistance value, the voltage, the number of puffs and the preheating level.
Variable power, TC, TCR, preheat, counter and limiter of puff, display of the duration of the puff, customization of the dominant colors of the interface and, especially, the Christmas tree function that illuminates the box, here is the menu quite complete but not burdensome for those who will be tempted.
As for the operating modes, the variable power is compatible with resistors whose value will be between 0.1 and 2.5Ω. TC modes are compatible with Titanium, Ni 200 and SS cables. In these modes, the resistance value should be in the range 0.05 to 2Ω. The scale ranges from 1 to 225W for power and 100 to 315 ° C for temperature.
The preheat offers three levels: soft, normal and hard. No customization but, at the same time, it's simple and speaking for the less experienced.
There is a counter and puff limiter, which will help those who want to monitor their consumption.
We then have the option to change the color of some items displayed on the screen, a nice little bonus but not essential.
And finally, we have the famous function "christmas tree" or "nightclub". Indeed, the translucent rafters are actually light elements. You choose the color, the type of light (fixed or intermittent) and finally when it starts (simultaneous with the screen, while one vape or even disabled).
In short, a box that loads a lot of options ... more or less useful.
As for the TFV8, not much to report. Filling from the top, 4 ml tank, variable airflow and, of course, heads equipped with multiple resistors made to collect watts. To accompany our luminous box, Smok had the idea to equip this clearomiser with an LED that illuminates the tank when we vape, the color of the joint of the base serving as a colored filter. Useless and unobtrusive, this system may be fun but I'm not a fan. Moreover, it is impossible to disable it.
A complete and functional kit equipped with everything you need to be noticed, but also for good vaping, thankfully.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The box of our kit is much wiser than its contents.
A sheath, which alternates the black sides and the red sides serves as a case. On the front, the glossy picture of the kit on a black background. On the back, we find the contents of the box and the regulatory nomenclature. The other two sides, red them, are dedicated to the information that concerns the authenticity of the product and the means of communication with the consumer service of the brand. Once this sheath removed, we come across a very simple black box, simply marked with the name of the Chinese firm.
Inside, little surprise, the ato + box kit, the untranslated record, a set of colored seals, a spare resistor and the USB cable.
So nothing transcendent here but it's still very correct. Too bad that the package is not as extravagant as the content, even if it is fun to go all the way!
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The size of the box is quite correct for a double battery, which makes it transportable even without a bag. But many people around me were surprised by his weight. It is heavier than it suggests and it is this aspect that will be blamed for nomadic use, much more than its size.
In terms of ergonomics, the trigger is practical and is, as always, a lot of good for comfort.
The interface of the box is easy enough to take in hand, you will find some explanations in the manual of use but it is in the language of Shakespeare. To put it simply, it is lit through the traditional five clicks on the trigger. Then we click three times to enter the menu, which is presented on several pages that group each time several items. We go from one page to another by a short click on the fire button and a long click to move from one item to another. Finally, we then use the [+/-] button to move on the different choices offered in each item.
The handling is rather fast and the fact that the menu pages are clear makes things easier.
The proposed vape is quite average, no bad surprise.
As for the TFV8, we have a real cloud maker who is doing well in the restitution of aromas. Top filling is convenient, although the opening is a little thin for some Unicorn bottles.
The adjustment of the airflow is more traditional but, most of the time, you will open large to be able to rotate the resistors in the recommended powers that will be greater than 50W.
A kit easy enough to apprehend as a whole and should not pose any particular problems, only the weight may be a slight brake.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 2
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? To you to see but the kit is very correct as it is
- Description of the test configuration used: Veneno + tfv8 resistance 0.4Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the proposed combination works well
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Smok has made geeks one of his favorite targets. I'm not talking about enthusiasts who appreciate powerful boxes, mechanical boxes and reconstructibles of all kinds, no, I'm talking about those (often the youngest) who want to make clouds without taking the head and are sensitive to "gadgets" to useless options of all kinds.
The Veneno Kit is for them. The box and its atomizer are capable of producing beautiful atomic clouds, 225W, multicolored resistors, the recipe is simple and proven. The interface and its clear and complete screens should also appeal to this technophile public. But it is surely his look and his bright tricks that should eventually convince them that this is the box they need.
To be honest I think this box is only of interest for this very specific audience. It works well, it is well finished, the kit has a nice physique, it could probably appeal more widely. I do not know about you but, personally, I'm not a fan of the Christmas tree side. My clouds are bright enough, I do not need in addition to report me with the help of flash light. This is probably the limit that the brand has a little overstepped with this kit that shines like a beacon!
Fortunately, we can turn off the lights but, in this case, it is better to acquire a box devoid of this type of light, especially since the choice is not lacking.
So, in conclusion, I have nothing particular to blame this kit but, frankly, this set atomizer box way "Pimp My Ride"© finally has only one interest: to be seen. And that will never be an argument of choice for me.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.