- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 25.90 €
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 € to 40 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 15W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 1.0
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Innokin continues on the road of renewal and, today, it is a starter kit that offers us the Chinese manufacturer.
The Jem kit consists of a 1000mah battery with variable power that reaches to its maximum 13,5W and a small clearomizer of 2ml which is animated by a resistance of 1.6Ω.
A kit with a look reminiscent of the JustFog Q16 kit, compact, discreet, perfect for primo-vapers.
It is offered at the price of 25.90 €, which places it in a very good position to win a great success.
So, let's see if this novelty signed Innokin brings a real plus compared to the competitor model Q16.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 23
- Product Length or Height in mm: 127
- Product weight in grams: 90
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 4
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The first thing that goes through my head is of course to tell you about the resemblance between the Jem Kit and the Q16 Kit. I know, I repeat myself but I can not find anything better to say to you to describe this new kit of Innokin as the two products are close to each other in terms of the overall look.
If we look more closely at the Jem kit, we see that it has more marked lines at the front. This gives it a slightly sportier look.
So we have a very compact battery that oscillates between tube and box. A small pyramid on the upper plane of the facade acts as a switch, the button is rather well made. Just above, a light indicator of operation, then the small "screen" backlit by small LEDs that indicate the chosen power.
Two triangles, whose vertices point in opposite directions, form the +/- commands. Again, the buttons are of satisfactory quality.
Under the base, there is the USB port and, of course, on the top, the 510 connection.
The Clearomizer adopts a classic look with a flared 510 drip-tip and simple lines. Rather thin, it is 15 mm in diameter. His pyrex tank contains 2ml. Finally, it has an airflow adjustable with a ring.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad, if it allows it.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Display of the power of the current vape, Indicators of light operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 16
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
Our kit is for first-time vapers, so it's pretty simple. The battery has only one mode of variable power. This mode allows you to choose between five predefined powers: 10, 11, 12, 13 or 13,5W.
We find the usual charge tracking system at Innokin, namely the three-color code. Just under the switch, there is a series of three small triangles backlit, it lights up in green, orange or red depending on your remaining energy level.
Below, a pseudo-screen displays the chosen power using the +/- buttons.
The 1000mah battery is charged via the micro-USB port.
The pin is fixed, but no problem with the clearomiser provided, everything is well flush.
The battery is of course equipped with all the necessary security.
The clearomiser is also very simple in its design but it is equipped with everything you need to be in tune with the codes of the moment. Essential infill from the top, 1.6Ω resistors made for indirect vape and an adjustable airflow system using our traditional ring.
There is no embroidery on this kit. Indeed, the product is very simple, it has everything you need to start well in the vape.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
We are on the new packaging format that Innokin inaugurated with his latest creations. A white wallet box made of soft cardboard in a sheath of the same material.
We find on the face, the photo of the components of our kit on a pristine white background. On one of the small faces, the name of the mark and, on the other, the name of the product JEM written in a fluid and fine font.
On the back of the sheath, we find the inevitable description of the contents of the box and the inevitable legal notices.
The wallet box is almost completely white, except for one of the slices that display the front photo of the battery.
Inside, we find our set-up JEM, two resistors, a spare pyrex, a USB cord and the notice in French.
The presentation is sober, the kit is very complete, we are on a rather rich packaging for the entry level.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
First thing, our set-up is ultra-compact and very light, so it's ideal for everyday use. It will easily find a place in one of your jacket or jacket pockets.
Its use is very simple. We have the famous five clicks on the switch to turn on or off the box. Once en route, you only need to act on one of the two triangles to lower or increase the power.
The atomizer fills easily from above, we unscrew the top-cap, then just fill the tank 2ml. The openings are not huge but, with the bottles of 10 ml flexible plastic, it works very well.
Do not forget to start your resistance before use.
The atomizer is in the middle of the clearomizers of this type as regards the rendering of flavors. There is more accurate but it's still very correct.
Charging the battery is done with the micro-USB port, it is relatively fast since our mod is 1000mah, which is little, but the battery is still enduring since, I remind you, the maximum power is from 13.5W.
A set-up rather practical and nice for the daily life of a beginner.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The kit as it stands.
- Description of the test configuration used: the kit
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the kit as it stands
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.9 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Seeing this kit, you can not make the connection with the kit Q16. We are dealing with two products of the same size, similar power, we have a small 100mah more for the Jem so again, we are on something very close.
The design is a bit more sporty for the Jem, which makes it maybe a little more unisex, the Q16 having softer lines so more feminine.
At the level of the clearomizer, here too, we are on the same. They have the same capacity, both in terms of the capacity as the level of the restoration of flavors.
But if we think about it, given a probable evolution towards more advanced equipment that will probably work on a scale of wattage, then the Jem kit seems better for a first experience more formative.
In terms of note, I'm probably a little hard with our set-up of the day, but the impression of déjà-vu is for many without doubt.
This kit works well, it should just be borne in mind that it is a starter kit can not be more classic, with advantages like simplicity and price but also with its weaknesses.
It will not be necessary, for example, to chain the puffs at a too hectic rate because one would be quickly at the edge of the dry hit.
In any case, it is a good and very affordable kit that can help you if you start in the vape.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.