- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 54.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 €)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 50W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
No happy holiday season without a new little Istick. Eleaf offers us a new version of mini type.
The Kiya ships a battery of 1600 mAh and is able to reach the 50W. It also has a large screen on the front and a trigger button.
In short, a real new version of our little darling. To accompany it in this pack, there is a GS Juni, a very small clearomizer of 2 ml.
The pack is of course offered at a competitive price of 54,90 € for a ready-to-use set-up. We are therefore on very cheap.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 25.8
- Product Length or Height in mm: 57
- Product weight in grams: 96
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of user interface buttons: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.7 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Kiya is very small. Indeed, she is just a little more kid than a Mini volt from Council of vapor.
The design is simple in its overall form, representing a small pavé with very slightly curved edges.
On each of these two sides, there are two very soft touch patches. They are identical and arranged head to tail. One of them hides the switch button which is trigger style.
What is obviously eye-catching is the 1.45's big screen on the front. It occupies more than half of the surface and is sheltered behind a rectangular window whose two opposite corners have been rounded.
Just below, there is a button more / less type "bar", plastic. It is not fully adjusted and makes a little noise in its enclave.
The rear face looks like a checkered sheet, it's original and this striated surface provides grip.
The bottom adopts the same soft coating as the sides, there is the micro USB port.
The GS Juni is also rather small: 20 mm diameter for 35 mm high. Its simple design is quite common. It contains 2 ml and has an airflow adjustment ring pierced with two slots of reasonable size.
This new Istick is rather cute, the drawing is quite harmonious and attractive enough. Associated with the GS Juni, we really have a pocket set-up, nice to look at and manipulate.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Display of the current voltage of vape, Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Variable protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 24.5
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
As you might expect, our new small Istick embeds all the systems and modes usually present on a current electronic box.
TCR, Bypass, Variable Power, Temperature Control: we find the full battery of the latest technologies. The variable power mode allows you to vary the operating power of 1 to 50W. The Bypass offers the small box a mechanical mod behavior, so your vape power will depend on the value of your coil and the charge level of the battery. These first two modes will be compatible with resistances between 0.1 and 3Ω.
The TCR and TC modes allow you to set the temperature on a scale of 100 to 315 ° C. For this purpose, the value of your coil must be between 0.05 and 1.5Ω.
The built-in battery offers a capacity of 1600 mAh. The box is equipped with a micro USB port that allows the firmware update and reloading "fast" (2A).
The little GS Juni offers just the "minimum service". This small atomizer does not have top fill and its overall design gives the impression that an atomizer has emerged from a year or two ago.
It's a simple clearo that uses proprietary resistors.
That's it, it's complete, simple and it seems coherent, let's move on.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A package quite similar to what Eleaf usually offers us.
The box is made of rigid cardboard. On the top, we find a picture of our kit on a background of jade color dotted with patterns reminiscent of shards of glass. Inside, our atomizer and our box occupy the "first floor".
Below, we find the USB cable, a spare resistor, seals and both notices. Multi-language notes where we find a part in French as always with this flagship brand.
A packaging quite honorable in view of the tariff policy of the manufacturer.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Kiya Box is perfectly adapted to a nomadic and daily use. Compact, with a good autonomy (especially if you use it with a power inferior to 30W).
The interface is very intuitive. Thanks to the big screen, the menus are explicit and easy to understand. The handling is fast and, moreover, the manual in French will answer most of your questions.
To sum up, 5 clicks on the trigger and the box is running. To enter the different menus, press 3 once on the same button and then navigate with the +/- button to move the highlight. We validate his choices with the trigger. Trigger which, by the way, does a lot for the overall ergonomics of this mini box. Indeed, it is easier to apprehend for larger hands.
The vape proposed by this box is quite correct, it is certainly not a DNA but the operation is above suspicion.
The recharging is done using the USB port, count one hour and a half to refuel, thanks to the quick charge function that allows the box to be recharged 2A charging intensity.
As for the atomizer, it is compact too. It is filled to the old by the bottom and its capacity of 2 ml is well proportioned compared to the type of vape that propose the resistances provided. The airflow goes from tight to semi-aerial, but it is destined mainly to the indirect vape.
The set-up thus formed will be perfect for a beginner (especially with the 1.5Ω resistors) but it will also suit a more advanced vaper in search of a convenient and cheap pocket set.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A "classic" clearomizer, or a reconstructible monocoil quite wise
- Description of the test configuration used: the kit as is with the resistance 0.75 ohm, and with the ares resistor 1 ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the kit is very good for a beginner as it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf hits, as often, good and strong at the right time. The Istick Kiya comes to a point to be under many fir trees.
To do this Eleaf has bet on a mini format, the Kiya is very compact. To make it more desirable, our Chinese friends have a large screen on the front and, to ensure good ergonomics, a trigger. The autonomy has not been sacrificed to the benefit of the format since we still have 1600 mAh under the hood.
It is equipped with all possible operating modes: bypass, CT, TCR and variable power. The screen, in addition to being pretty, allows to have a very clear interface and simple to use, we control the beautiful in a few minutes.
The clearomiser that accompanies it in this kit is not so exciting. It is a very basic compact clearomiser that uses resistances that are also very simple. It is perfect for a beginner but it will quickly find its limits on the other segments of consumers.
In the end, so we have a pretty damn box that, I'm sure, should appeal to a wide audience. The kit as a whole, is a good choice for a beginner looking for a simple solution, complete and not very expensive.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.