- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Myvapors
- Price of the tested product: 42.60 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf offers us yet another version of its inevitable Istick: The Basic Istick. The latter is aimed at the real beginners, no adjustment and clearomizer Gs Air 2 of great simplicity of use. The kit offers a set-up ready to vaper. A cheap starter kit, TPD ready that could give the coup de grace ego kits.
It's gone for a tour of the owner.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 39.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 83
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Can do better and I'll tell you why
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 0
- Quality of the threads: Not applicable on this mod - Absence of no screws
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.9 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
This basic Istick is like a box with integrated atomizer, but in fact, the atomizer is welcomed within a housing of a little more than 14mm diameter. In the kit is the GS Air 2. To connect the atomizer you will find two adapters, an 510 and an ego. Indeed, this box offers a brand new magnetic connection and the two tips allow you to mount clearomizers with a diameter equal to 14mm.
The box has the shape of a drop, the widest part is 23mm. Compact and lightweight these measurements are ideal for nomadic use.
In terms of finishes we are facing a Istick that benefits from the usual treatment of the range. Anodized aluminum body that offers no less than 5 colors. The single button, the fire is as usual a little loose in its enclave.
The magnetic connection fits perfectly but the atomizer will tend to move laterally within the confines of its housing which is a bit unpleasant, it will consider a system with tape for example to stall.
The GS Air 2, therefore 14 mm diameter, it is stainless steel and pyrex, can ship 2 ml of liquid and uses GS resistors of any type, except TC resistors.
This Basic Istick presents well, its simplicity and its size are the two strong points, of course the finish is improvable but the quality / price ratio remains correct.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510 - via an adapter, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad if it allows it
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 14
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
There is not much to say on this point. The Basic Istick behaves like a simple ego battery. 5 clicks and we shoot, no adjustment, we will vary its power of vape according to the value of the chosen resistance.
The charge level of the Li-Po battery of 2300mah is indicated by a led system whose light signals vary with the amount of energy remaining, between 100 and 60 the light remains fixed a few moments after the puff, then then it flashes and the frequency of this signal will accelerate in a manner inversely proportional to the level of charge. It's the same system as the eGo One. The system is correct but imprecise, on the other hand where it is practical, it is that the lighting provided by this led illuminates the tank and allows to see its level of liquid even in the dark.
The GS Air 2 is also simple, it offers an air flow control ring that allows a large range of settings of the air supply of the resistance, we go from tight to a Vape air enough, so it allows to to evolve its vape on the first months of experience of a vaper without buying another product.
So it is a starter kit, as easy to use a starter kit type eGo.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Nothing to say the kit is complete, well presented in a colorful cardboard box and in our case dressed with a sheath for the holiday season. This is the usual packaging of Eleaf. In the kit, the box, the 0,75 ohm two resistors atomizer and the USB cord. As always, a notice in French will give you all the information you need to use this product. I have only two complaints about the accessories provided, I would have liked a resistance beyond the ohm, because I find that starting with an 0,75 will not suit everyone. Second claim, it would have been appropriate to find a wall adapter for reloading, it is a beginner product ready to vape so targeted customers do not have this kind of equipment and they might be tempted to use any which USB compatible charger which can sometimes damage the box.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
LIistick Basic is easy to use, we fill the tank, we start the resistance and it vapes. The box is ideally compact and discreet, its autonomy is very correct. The magnetic connection is great and frankly it's super convenient.
So it's an ideal starter kit, no headache and that's a big plus.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A classical fiber, In sub-ohm assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All that makes 14mm of diameter.
- Description of the test configuration used: Istick / GS Air 2 resistance 0,75
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The kit is perfect
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
So this new starter kit proposed by Eleaf. It is very successful, the box is easy to use and the atomizer supplied with works perfectly. The power of vape will depend on the chosen resistance value and according to my feeling with 0,75 ohm we turn around 20 watts, that's why I advise beginners to buy at the same time resistors in 1,4 ohm for starters, because the 0,75 still sends a little too much for a primo vapoteur.
The small qualitative flaws are quickly forgotten in view of the price / quality ratio / vape. I find again that Eleaf just hits and this kit is the perfect gift for these holidays, for those who have decided to convert relatives.
Thank you Myvapors
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.