- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: myvapors
- Price of the tested product: 56.90 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics and temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 75 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf is further expanding the Istick.Basic, 20W, 30W, 50W, 100W, 40W TC, 60W TC family and I am surely forgetting them. In this range, everyone can find his box.
But today is the Pico 75W that comes to us and this new arrival announces itself as the future star of the range.
Compact, powerful and always cheap, since it is charged 56,90 € in kit with the Mélo 3 (new evolution of the clearo sub-ohm Eleaf) and around 40 € alone.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 23
- Product Length or Height in mms: 70.5
- Product weight in grams: 150
- Material composing the product: Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Brass, Stainless Steel Grade 304
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Good, not the button is very responsive
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The strength of this new product is clearly its compactness. This Pico Istick displays very small measurements for a box animated by an 18650 battery: (70,5 x 23 x 45mm). Its design, as is often the case with Eleaf, placed under the sign of curves. The two rounded edges offer very good ergonomics. On one of its slices, we find in order:
- The fire button taking up the arc of the sides of the box seen from above or from below. In metal, it follows the curvature. He suffers from minimal play, but is very responsive.
- The OLED screen is that of a Istick, sheltered behind a skylight which, too, adopts a curvature to integrate perfectly. Its size offers a good visibility.
-Finally, the micro USB port.
But where are the +/- buttons? Well, he's on the bottom-cap. Finally, I should say: it is, because it is a bar. Slightly set back in its enclave it is not likely to be activated wrongly. Again, there is a little game, but nothing outrageous.
A round cap on the top cap betrays the secret of this reduced size. Indeed, this cap houses the part of the battery that exceeds the body of the box
Beside, we find the 510 connection, its proximity to this plug will force you to adopt atomizers with a maximum diameter of 23mm (or 22)
Everything is well assembled and frankly, this box offers an excellent feeling quality / price.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Switching to mechanical mode, Display of the charge of the batteries, Display of the value of the resistance, Protection against short circuits coming from the atomizer, Protection against the reversal of polarity of the accumulators, Display of the Current vape voltage, Current vape power display, Vape time display of each puff, Variable overheat protection of atomizer resistors, Atomizer resistance temperature control, Supports setting firmware update, clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested power and the actual power
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Excellent, there is no difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
This new Istick offers everything that is found on the current box.
- A bypass mode and VW operating with resistances ranging from 0,1 to 3,5Ω.
- A TC and TCR mode (with 3 memories) compatible with resistors ranging from 0,05 to 1,5Ω. The mode allows you to vary the temperature from 100 to 315 ° C on Ni200, titanium or SS 316 wires.
- The OLED screen tells you the usual information, and like any Istick, when we shoot we have the duration of puff that scrolls.
- Rechargeable and upgradable via micro USB port.
It lacks nothing and therefore, it will suit all the better to the greatest number.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Always the same story with Eleaf. A rigid cardboard box, decorated with the image of the box. It's simple but very correct considering the price. The pack is complete and a record translated into French will facilitate the commissioning and access to settings.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Easy to live, istick Pico is the ideal box everyday. Its size, versatility and ease of use really make it the box of sir or madam everyone. The vape she offers is, too, of a very satisfactory level.
The Istick has good battery management and even at 40W average, the power consumption seems reasonable.
The Mélo 3 that accompanies it in this kit is correct, I'm not an absolute fan of Eleaf clearos, but this version 3 seems more correct. Filling from the top, large selection of resistors and airflow consequent. Aesthetically, the top takes the style of the battery cap which forms a harmonious couple.
Istick is usually the box plug & play and Pico is no exception to this rule.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Not really a rule, personally I married him to my Griffin
- Description of the test configuration used: Griffin double clapton coil, Kaifun 4, Melo 3
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: it is you who see
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Well, Pico is one of the stars of the moment. She has many arguments to convince you in addition to its price.
A nice, compact, powerful and complete look and all for less than 40 €. For my part, it's been a month that I lug around, and I have no complaints to him.
With the Tsunami, the Griffin, but also the Squape ... all the atos (which diameter is compatible) that I tested are passed on and I can only praise his perfect match with the daily vape out of his couch.
Its biggest fault is probably that we will see everywhere, because honestly, I see no other real defect, given its tariff position.
Another success story for Eleaf. Simple, compact and efficient, a true summary of what many of us are looking for.
A must have in its category.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.