- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 29.90 €
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 €)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 25W
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Eleaf never stays inactive for a very long time and it's up to the Pico family to welcome the youngest, Pico Baby.
This is a very small entry-level kit that consists of an ultra-compact and basic box and a clearomizer that accompanies our box: a GS baby, a small single atomizer of 2ml capacity and intended for MTL.
All within 30 €, a very good price positioning to attract primo-vapers often looking for a simple product and cheap to start.
So let's see this new starter kit come to enlarge the huge catalog of the king of discount Eleaf.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 23
- Product Length or Height in mm: 75
- Product weight in grams: 113
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Steel
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini - IStick type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the top-cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
An ultra-mini box that is 75mm high, 23mm thick and 41mm wide. It's really small, especially since this box includes a housing for an atomizer.
Its design gives it a certain lineage with the line of Pico but the little news also brings its touch of character, thanks to its original switch. A little mecha look that contains no screen or adjustment button. The switch is located on the top, it has a shape of "Chinese hat" when it is locked.
Unlocked, it looks like a mushroom. Just next door is the housing of our atomizer. The system of association with the atomizer is magnetic as on the Basic Istick.
The atomizer protrudes slightly, two openings on the sides let a glimpse of the tank to have the eye on the level of liquid. On the thickness, there is the micro-USB port for recharging the battery.
The atomizer is a classic GS Baby, pyrex tank 2ml, look very common, nothing extraordinary. There is an airflow ring whose opening suggests a lot of settings possibilities.
A cute product with its switch evoking the world of mechanics. A starter kit that is attractive and whose overall level of achievement is rather well placed in view of the price.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? No, a flush mount can only be guaranteed through an adjustment of the atomizer's positive pad, if it allows it.
- Lock system ? Mechanical
- Quality of the locking system: Excellent, the chosen approach is very practical
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Indicators of operation
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 16.5
- Accuracy of the fully charged output power of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the atomizer resistance
- Accuracy the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Medium, because there is a noticeable difference depending on the value of the resistance of the atomizer
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
There is not going to be much to say about this Pico Baby.
Indeed, it is a starter kit of the simplest. Here, no adjustment, one shoots and one vape, the only way to vary the power, it is to use resistances of different values. The battery supports resistors whose value will be between 0.4 and 3Ω, knowing that it is restrained to 25W.
The nice thing about this box is its switch lock system. This is not unheard of but I like this kind of buttons that we must unscrew to turn on. It gives it a small mechanical mod side that touches the old vaper that I am.
Charging is done using the micro-USB port and the battery has a capacity of 1050 mAh, which is not bad at all given the format. A small light will give you information on the state of charge of the battery by emitting various light signals.
As for the atomizer, we are dealing with yet another declination of the GS. This Baby version has a capacity of 2ml, the filling is done from the bottom (something more and more rare except at Eleaf 😉). The resistors are GS air. In the pack, there are two to 0.75Ω.
At the base of the atomizer, the airflow ring seems to offer a lot of adjustment possibilities, ranging from very very tight to slightly loose.
A simple set, well thought for primovapoteurs.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
An eleaf package of the most usual. A box that sports a photo of our kit on a background consisting of a multitude of gray lines. On the back of the box, there is the content and characteristics of the kit.
Inside, our box and clearomizer are on the upper floor. In the basement, there is the USB cord, the records translated into French and a spare resistance.
A complete and well presented kit, in any case for the price; it's better than good.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The istick Pico Baby is very practical to use. Ultra-compact, it slips easily into a pocket. The ergonomics are correct even for large hands thanks to this switch positioned on the top-cap.
No adjustment, just unlock the fire button by unscrewing and make five clicks to turn it on. This blocking system of the switch is super simple but very effective and very practical.
Charging is via the USB port: 1h30 are enough to load and autonomy is quite average for this type of product.
For the atomizer it's the same, it's very simple. As we are not entitled to filling from above, it will remove the clearomizer from its home to perform this operation since it fills from below.
It is also at this moment that it will be necessary to adjust the airflow which offers a rather precise adjustment. As for flavors, here too our GS is in the middle.
At vape level, we are on a starter kit sensations very close to the kit Istick Basic but more compact and with a magnetic connection that seems more reliable.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Classical fiber, sub-ohm mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? GS Air Baby
- Description of the test configuration used: GS Air Baby with resistance to 0.75Ω
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: As it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.4 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
Eleaf offers us a new Starter Kit with this Pico Baby.
Simple and compact, this new kit appears as a very interesting product for beginners. No settings on the mod, a clearomiser "old school" but is well suited to the needs of a beginner, I will say that even the air ring is more effective than some of its competitors.
The 1050MAH capacity of the battery coupled to the 2ml GS air Baby tank offers an honorable autonomy.
Its main asset is undeniably its nice look with this switch and its locking system reminiscent of the world of mechanical mods.
So, there is no innovation in this newcomer, it is based on widely proven solutions but its firmware should, I think, attract more than one. If we add to that a price lower than 30 € for this kit, we hold here a good price / quality ratio that is just perfect to attract primovapoteurs.
To conclude, this Pico Baby is an ideal Eleaf product to start. Compact, efficient and cheap I think she should quickly find her followers.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.