- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 €
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 € to 80 €)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohm of resistance for a start: 0.3Ω
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Many modellers later became liquidators, but the opposite does not happen often. Green Vapes, one of the most famous and famous creators of France is however launching today this challenge.
For that, he did not associate with the first comer. To design this first kit, the French have joined the services of Pedro Miguel Carvalho known for his famous high-end mods Caravela. But that's not all, they also offered the services of Jaybo from Wismec and they completed this trifecta by partnering with the giant Joyetech for this project.
Of course, when we see the actors, we really want to see the film even if it's just a short film.
If, with such a skewer of famous names, Green Vapes seems to want to mark the spirits, the purpose of this approach is especially to propose a simple kit of use, efficient, reliable and optimized for the tasting of the famous juice with the three stars.
The Green Start is as its name suggests a starter kit. A simple product with an old school look. A lipo battery of 3000 mAh and a clearomizer MTL with a tank of 2 ml, working with resistors of 1Ω or 0,5Ω.
A starter kit that appears at the price of 59.90 €, which places it above the starter-kits references of the moment.
I will not hide my curiosity to check if what offers us this sumptuous quartet sticks to the specifications: to offer a vape tasty, simple, reliable, accessible to all and optimized for liquids Green Vapes.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 22
- Product Length or Height in mm: 109
- Product weight in grams: 100
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Stanless Steel grade 304
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All the components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 3 of the tube relative to the top-cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 0
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 5
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Green Start comes in the form of a tubular set-up. It consists of a 71mm long battery and 22mm diameter which is reminiscent of the Ego One but also, for older, mech mods purified in 18500. A round switch encircled with a rather thin translucent circle throne at the top of the battery.
On this switch, there is a "Green Technical Material" engraving. Near the base, another larger engraving "Green Vapes Classic" echoes an engraving on the chimney of the clearomizer identical to that of the switch. We understand that Green Vapes marks its territory on all angles.
To the right of the switch, there is the micro-USB port and a small hole that suggests the charge indicator.
On the top of the battery, there is the 510 connection which is equipped with a spring-loaded, gold-plated pin, the class for this category of material.
In contrast, on the base, there is a degassing hole. "The devil is in the details" says the old saying. Here, the chief exorcist has been careful that no detail escapes his vigilance.
The clearomizer is called "First" and there is no doubt about who drew it. We recognize without difficulty the paw of Master Carvalho since our atomizer is inspired by the famous Genoa. A Genoa certainly less worked on the finishes and aesthetics but who manages to capture the very essence of the work of the talented craftsman.
The atomizer adopts a sleek style with a rather fine top-cap dug five notches. A short hollow support stands in the center to accommodate the 510 drip tip. A pyrex tank reveals the chimney that contains the resistance. A conspicuous black seal marks the demarcation with the bottom-cap.
This base consists of a first disk 3mm thick. Just below, we notice the airflow ring, pierced by four small "loopholes" placed in perfect opposition in pairs of two. This ring has the same finish as the tube giving the visual illusion that this piece is part of the battery and not the atomizer. This refines our beautiful clearomizer that would almost think of a hybrid mod. It is 30mm high and 22mm in diameter for a capacity of 2ml. We obviously have a lot to do with a MTL atomizer, a little old fashioned, but which has become incredibly fashionable lately.
The overall quality is as often very satisfactory, we recognize well the production work of Joyetech, above all suspicion.
Visually our kit is simple, sober and chic. It is also very compact since the set drip-tip, atomizer and battery measures only 108mm for a weight of 100g. A product designed to be wandered in all circumstances with a classy nonchalance.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a floating pine.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Indicators of operation
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The Green Start kit is very simple. The battery is LiPo type, it has a very consistent capacity in the category, with its 3000mAh.
No adjustment is needed, the battery sends a constant current, it has a cut-off at 15 seconds (a rarity), a short-circuit protection and a discharge limit at 3.3V.
There is no screen, so it is the light signals emanating from the switch that will inform any problems or the state of charge of the battery. The tube is recharged thanks to the micro-USB port. The battery supports a charging current of 1A, which induces a loading time of approximately 2h30 to 3h00. Note that the function is pass-through so you can continue to vapote even while charging.
Always for the sake of quality and reliability, it should be noted that Green Vapes has obtained the best chipset and the best micro-USB port in the catalog of the Chinese giant, both with unstoppable and reliable daily reliability.
Regarding the First, we are here on a very simple product. Top filling is very easy. It is stupidly unscrewed the top-cap, it is probably not very innovative, but it has the advantage of being reliable and not to show possible air leaks.
The tank of 2 ml seems well proportioned compared to the type of vape and more, it is TPD ready, which is essential to be sold in countries that apply it in the strictest manner.
The single coil resistance is optimized for the rendering of flavors, so we have horizontal coil (which begins to be rare in the clearomizer market) and Japanese organic cotton. Even if these resistances resemble the CLR from Joyetech, they are made with materials of better quality, willingness to do well.
Finally, the airflow system is probably the most original part of the set-up. Indeed, the four small slots of the ring do not direct the air directly on the resistance. The stream literally plunges into the base to pass through what appears to be a liquid recovery tank to finish, of course, by going back to the resistance. This system offers the advantage of partially preventing any leaks. The flow is of course variable by rotation of the ring.
A very classic product in its presentation and in the technical choices adopted, the goal is to have a simple product, reliable and ergonomic, ideal to suit a primo-vapoteur.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The presentation is sober and very refined. A very white box "Joyetech". On the contrary, there is no representation of our kit. On the top, the Green Technical Material logo imposes its charisma. On long sides, the name of the "Green Start" kit appears.
On the back of the box, we find the description of the contents of the pack and the signatures of the various actors who participated in this project. Inside, our set-up is accompanied by seals and a spare tank for the clearomizer, a USB cable and a resistor (not two, alas).
Both records are complete and translated into French.
A presentation quite correct, although I think we could have two resistors in the pack, 0.5Ω and 1Ω for example in order to benefit from the entire range of expression of the kit.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This kit offers two big advantages: it is easy to operate and is very compact.
As for the operation, we fill the tank and let the resistance a few minutes to be well primed. Then we press the switch five times and there is more to vape.
Five clicks to turn off and that's all you need to know. Finally, almost, it will just take notice of the meaning of the light signals emanating from the strapping of the fire button. These messages inform you of either a concern about the atomizer or the level of charge.
The top filling is convenient, all the top-cap is removed, leaving plenty of room for filling with any type of bottle.
The resistances are changed, too, easily and even with liquid in the tank.
The product offers excellent sensations in terms of flavor restoration and the production of steam is certainly reasonable but far from ridiculous.
A product, again, simple and practical, ideal for beginners.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The kit as it is
- Description of the test configuration used: the kit as is
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: A small third, the kit as it is
Was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.7 / 5
The mood ticket of the reviewer
We can say that Green Vapes made a big splash on the hardware market with this Green Start Kit.
Objectively, there is nothing to reproach him for.
Compact, sober and chic, the look of this set-up sports a simple design, without any exuberance, leaving just express the natural class of materials chosen. I will reproach a very subjective thing: perhaps the abuse of the logos alters a little the clean style of the kit.
Each of the stakeholders in this project has contributed their know-how and it shows and feels in the grip. The finish has been the subject of special attention and transcends the usual standards of Joyetech. This allows the brand to guarantee the 6 battery and 2 kit years.
Very simple to use, this kit is quite suitable for the public it is aimed at, namely primo-vapoteurs but it is not devoid of interest for the more advanced vapers who will be able to rediscover a vape MTL very tasty thanks, among others, to 0.5Ω resistors.
In the end, a well-designed kit that works perfectly well and offers the expected sensations in terms of restitution of flavors.
To be honest, at the beginning, I had a hard time understanding the innovative aspect of the product but you have to know how to look at things from a particular angle to understand it well:
Innovation lies in the concept. A juice manufacturer, not finding on the market a set-up perfectly adapted to the restitution of his own liquids, orchestrates a dream-team in order to compose the missing link, capable at the same time of a restitution of flavors likely to pay tribute to the creator's recipes while being easy to understand. This is the real innovation in this project: putting the material at the service of taste from the liquid and not the opposite.
A Top Mod greets this beautiful initiative which is coupled with a careful and timeless realization.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.