Commercial specifications for the mod
- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Wholesaler Francochine
- Price of the tested product: 59.90 Euros
- Product category based on sales price: Entry level for the complete kit
- Mod type: Voltage and variable power electronics with temperature control
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 45 watts
- Maximum voltage: 10
- Battery power: 2500 mAh
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Less than 0.07 in CT mode and 0.15 in power
Commercial specifications for the atomizer
- Atomizer type: clearomizer
- Number of resistances allowed: 1
- Resistor type: proprietary resistance
- Type of wicks supported: cotton
- Quantity in milliliters announced by the manufacturer: 2,5ml
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
This is a nice little kit, compact with interesting capabilities. This kit Ferobox 45TC does not go up to great powers, no, 45W but this is more than enough to fill all the vapers wanting to stay on a daily classic vape, on a mini format with an integrated battery capacity, equivalent to a VTC 4.
This kit is complete since it offers the mod loaded with an integrated battery, the atomizer, Ferotank 2 in 22mm diameter for a capacity of 2.5ml. It comes with two stainless steel resistors 0.25 and 0.5Ω, as well as the micro USB cable and a sleeve (case) silicone protection. It is even possible to add a ring (optional) to place a ring "turn of stroke", yes! the kit is light enough for that.
Lightweight, compact with great autonomy, this kit has two modes of vape, power or temperature control. It can offer power from 3 to 45W or a temperature range from 90 to 315 ° C (200-600 ° F). The resistances accepted are taken into account from 0.15Ω in power and from 0.07Ω in CT. The battery is given for 25A with 2500mAh, it is also possible to vape in the voltage mode (like the power mode), which varies between 3.2 and 10V. So for a classic vape around 0.6Ω to 35W you will easily make half a day and certainly more with the CT mode and the resistors provided.
Physical characteristics and felt mod quality
- Product Width or Diameter in mms: 30 x 22
- Product Length or Height in mms: 83
- Product weight in grams: 120
- Material composing the product: 304 Grade Stainless Steel and Zinc Alloy
- Type of Form Factor: Box mini
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? Yes
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical metal on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 3
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Physical characteristics and feel quality of the atomizer
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 22
- Length or height of the product in mms as sold, but without its drip-tip if it is present, and regardless of the length of the connection: 41
- Weight in grams of the product as sold, with its drip-tip if it is present: 68
- Material composing the product: Stainless steel, Pyrex
- Type of Form Factor: clearomizer
- Number of component parts without screws and washers: 6
- Number of threads: 6
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Number of O-rings, Drip-Tip excluded: 4
- Quality of O-rings present: Good
- O-Ring Positions: Drip-Tip Connection, Top-Cap - Tank, Bottom-Cap - Tank
- Capacity in milliliters actually usable: 2.5 ml
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.6 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Regarding the box, necessarily its small size makes it light, yet it is stainless steel 304 and zinc alloy body with a black coating. Although the paint is pleasant to the touch with a satin appearance, the finger marks are easily seen.
On the top-cap, the 510 connection is enhanced by a ring that can be unscrewed to fit a ring, so you can wear around the neck, this set without having your hands taken. The pin is copper and spring-mounted, which allows to place another atomizer of your choice, without having to adjust.
The front has, ready top-cap, a square metal switch, its size is generous but not impressive, below the 9.1 'OLED screen for a nice readability with the battery charge level, the power of vape, the voltage and the resistive value. The adjustment knobs are placed one under the other, they are also made of metal of round shape for a small size adapted to mod. I did not expect an additional button and yet on the bottom of the mod, a last oval metal button can turn on or off and it is through him that will spend the search for various functions. Buttons are very responsive, nice, different sizes and shapes but quite appropriate
Under the box we have the location for the micro USB cable, an uncomfortable place that requires sleeping mod to recharge, but not really embarrassing.
The atomizer is made of stainless steel with a black coating to accommodate the mod. It is a classic template with a diameter of 22mm ,. Its capacity is 2.5ml and allows to maintain autonomy before filling, average.
These airflows on the base are placed on both sides of the atomizer and consist of 4 wide holes that allow to have an aerial use with a good vapor density for resistance values of 0.25 and 0.5. These resistors are proprietary and easy to screw. Just like all threads that are easy to handle.
Very simple, it consists of 6 parts (without resistance) and a conical drip-tip that screws onto the top-cap. His tank is Pyrex which allows him to accept all liquids and to view without problem the level of remaining liquid.
A kit of good quality especially considering the price that remains very accessible.
Functional characteristics of the mod
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Display of current vape voltage, Display of current vape power , Fixed protection against overheating of the atomizer resistors, Temperature control of the atomizer resistors
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Functional characteristics of the atomizer
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? yes through a spring
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes, variable
- Diameter in mms maximum of the air regulation possible: 8
- Minimum diameter in mms of the air regulation possible: 0.1
- Air regulation positioning: Lateral positioning and benefiting resistors
- Spray chamber type: Chimney type
- Heat dissipation of the product: Excellent
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The functions of the box are very simple, it offers power mode up to 45W and the classic temperature control mode.
It has all the necessary security:
- Protection when you hold the switch more than 10 seconds, automatic shutdown
- Protection when the battery voltage is too low
- Protection against short circuits
- Detection against overheating in the absence of the atomizer
- Protection against resistance too low
- Put in old automatic after a prolonged inactivity
It offers the lock of adjustment buttons and the inversion of the screen display. You can also charge the box via the micro USB cable provided.
The features of the atomizer are also considerably simpler. It is sufficient to screw on its base a resistance owner. Relatively aerial with variable airflow, it can adapt to both 0.2Ω resistors and 1Ω resistors, reducing airflow adjustable by a swivel ring, over twice four circular holes.
Its filling is done from the top by unscrewing the top cap. A small atomizer that can hold 2,5ml of liquid.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
FumyTech presents a beautiful packaging, in a rigid black box on two floors. The kit is very complete, it is a pack ready to vape (only the liquid is not provided).
In the case of each post-formed foam chamber, the box and the atomizer already equipped with a stainless steel 0.25Ω Notchcoil resistor are well fitted. Below, an additional 0.5Ω resistance also in stainless steel is provided. You will also find a micro USB cable for charging, a black silicone sleeve to protect the box, a manual for the atomizer and another for the mod, both, translated into three languages (English, French, Chinese) and relatively complete. Only the snap ring, to make the set-up portable around the neck, is optional.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This box has an "on / off" button that can turn it on or off, but it has the additional function of accessing the various parameters to enter the various modes, depending on the number of pulses on the button.
- 1 prolonged pressure turns on or off the box
- When the box is lit 4 rapid presses, you switch on a visualization power or voltage
- 3 pressures, you enter the temperature control mode, to change the resistive used in this mode, it is enough again, to make three pressures, and so on for other materials. Still in this mode, to move from ° C to ° F (and vice versa) 4 pressures are needed.
For the use of the atomizer it is very simple, just screw on the base resistance proprietary, then fill the tank by removing the top-cap and taking care to close the air-flows beforehand. When the atomizer is ready, wait a minute for the resistance to imbibe and screw the Ferotank on the mod.
Using the stainless steel resistor, the 0.25Ω Notchcoil works great at 38W and offers a nice vape that provides a fairly thick vapor density. This resistance can without any problem to get on 45W without having a dry hit. When switching to CT mode, I steamed at 285 ° C the result is as good, with a lower battery consumption than the power mode at 40W.
A set-up that consumes as much as a classic mod according to the resistance and power used, in 35W with the resistance of 0.25Ω and a fairly steady vape, I easily held the half-day before having to recharge.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A Classical Fiber, In Sub-ohm Mount, Genesis Rebuildable
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? An atomizer having a diameter less than or equal to 22mm
- Description of the test configuration used: FeroTank 2 Clearomizer
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the supplied atomizer, that of the test
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The Ferobox 45TC kit is not only complete but suitable for beginners as well as all other users who daily steam on powers below 45W. You keep a battery life similar to other single battery mods, equipped with an 25A battery. Moreover, its price is quite reasonable.
The reloading is done only via the micro USB cable and the proprietary resistor is not rebuildable, these are the only parameters that can be assimilated to big advantages for some, or disadvantages for others.
Its operation is simple in power mode or in temperature control mode and its very small size with a minimum weight, make this set-up a "portable" set. No leak, no burning taste no complication ... we are on a set-up "turnkey"!
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.