- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: BLUE
- Price of the tested product: 24,99 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: Not applicable
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
Blu offers the Blu Pro Kit, a set especially intended for beginners in the vape as a substitute. The kit is very simple and adopts an elongated and light format, discreet in a sober style and distinguished by the combination of black and blue colors.
It consists of very few elements: a battery, a clearomiser and a charging cable. Everything is made for immediate use since the battery is charged ¾ of its possibility and the kit also provides a bottle of e-liquid 10ml.
It is an entry-level product since it is less than 25 euros, all inclusive. Yet, just four years ago, I used this same type of product that was selling at around 100 euros to start my weaning. Obviously, in the meantime, I gained some experience allowing me to make a comparison and, above all, the evolution of the vape has completely changed the market, including in this segment.
Many products for beginners come out today, the economic war will be played on the millions of smokers that remains to be converted. Vape companies, tobacco companies, everyone is on the starting blocks and the offensive is launched. Of course, faithful to our ethics, we assume to objectively review a material regardless of its source, the important thing for us is that the vape spreads and the information is objective.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 14
- Product Length or Height in mms: 178mm (109mm for the battery and 74mm for the clearomizer)
- Product weight in grams: 57
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral to 1 / 4 of the tube relative to the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons on the interface, including touch zones if they are present: None
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 2
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The set-up has a matte black coating with a soft touch that looks velvety. A rubber appearance, which is not one but has a non-slip quality.
The set is well drawn with, first of all, a tubular mod in two tones since the switch is marked by a blue circle with, in its center, a triangle also blue. With each press, this color is illuminated for a good visibility of the action. I appreciated this button that fits perfectly in the tube without exceeding a millimeter but which, to the touch, is very well identified by a smooth feel that differs from the coating of mod.
Next to the switch, you can see the small opening for the micro USB cable for recharging the battery. On the bottom, a notched blue part of five slots, provides, each time the switch is pressed, an indication of the remaining charge of the battery while illuminating.
Associated with the tube, we have the clearomizer. This one is in two parts, since the drip-trip is unscrewed to allow the filling of the tank. All is the atomizer that is screwed on the battery part of the setup. The threads are perfect and the two blocks fit together without any difficulty.
On the basis of the clearo, there is a small hole for the airflow that does not measure more than 2mm in diameter for indirect inhalation (tight) that often corresponds to the vaping of beginners. Just above this hole is the tip of a long triangular clear blue plastic window that provides a clear view of the liquid level. We can also see the silica wick as a capillary.
Silica has the advantage over cotton not to burn in case of drying because it supports a very high temperature. On the other hand, the use of silica is less salubrious than cotton because the decomposition of this fiber causes the projection of micro-particles of silica which can, for a long duration, cause negative effects on the health. Also, I advise you to use your clearomizer only fed with liquid to avoid a too fast deterioration of the fiber.
The drip-tip has a funnel shape with nice curved curves. The black polycarbonate material makes the contact on the lips pleasant and offers a perfectly consistent and harmonious product finish to complete the set-up on a glossy black.
The connection between the battery and the atomizer is via a spring on the atomizer pin and not on the mod which is fixed. Size, depth, threads ... are unique to the brand. No eGo connection here, so you will not be able to adapt another product to your Blu battery or your Blu-ray clearomizer, which will necessarily be incompatible. It is the same with chargers that screw on the top of the battery, they are unsuitable for Blu products that remain exclusive. Obviously, the manufacturer prefers to retain customer base on its products than to make its hardware compatible with the current de facto standards of the vape.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: Owner
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring in the Clearomizer connection only.
- Lock system ? No
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by the mod: Display of the charge of the batteries
- Accu Compatibility: Proprietary Accus
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 14
- Accuracy of power output at fully charged battery: No data on resistance, not applicable
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full load of the battery: No data on resistance, not applicable
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The features of the Blu Pro Kit are based on simplicity:
In addition to the neat appearance of the kit, there is an interesting entry-level product in the context of a weaning, which offers charging by micro USB cable, the visibility of the liquid level, the remaining load reported by the blue light on the basis of the mod and the form factor offers a notable comfort by its weight and its diameter.
Despite the small battery life of 1100mAh, it has held all day without the need to recharge.
So I looked for the value of the resistance in this kit, information that I did not find. But it seems obvious to me that it must be above 2Ω. This is what allows it to have a longevity superior to other products of this type that sometimes often seek the power of vape at the expense of a specific vaping for beginners. Beginners seek above all a first contact with this practice gently, for a gradual assimilation of knowledge, while detoxifying.
The capacity of the tank is rather weak with its 1ml but, all being linked, this capacity remains sufficient for this kit which consumes very little juice.
The complete reloading takes place in three hours.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
A good packaging for this price range.
This is a product where there is nothing wrong. In a soft cardboard box, we find the set-up consisting of its black and blue tubular battery, the drip-tip screwed on its clearomiser and equipped with its non-interchangeable resistance. There is also the micro USB cable to charge your mod, an e-liquid of 10ml with a nicotine level of 8mg / ml "classic" flavor and an explanatory leaflet.
In my opinion, it still lacks some technical data on the product, such as the resistive value, the kit materials, security offered ... but do not be too demanding because the price seems consistent with what is proposed.
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Ok for a side pocket of Jean (no discomfort)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
For the use there is nothing simpler:
1- Screw the atomizer on the mod
2- Unscrew the drip-tip
3- Fill the clearomizer to the limit. This operation is relatively simple and I hope it is useless to describe it to you. 😉 It is, in any case, written on the notice.
4- Screw on the driptip
5- As a precaution, wait a minute until the wick is imbibed
6 - Quickly press 5 on the switch to turn on the kit
In principle, it is not useful to wait as long as the wick imbibe, BLU has thought of everything and has previously inserted a wick moistened to avoid the inconvenience of burnt taste that we had by accident with the old kits. But two precautions are better than one.
The notched blue part on the bottom of the mod indicates to the user the charge of the remaining battery. For a good use, it is better not to wait until the battery is completely empty to proceed with its recharging. To do this, simply connect the supplied cable to a computer or a suitable outlet and wait for the necessary three hours for a full charge.
When using, I enjoyed having no leaks, not even a drop and not a single engorgement. This kit is calibrated at most just to have nothing to do that vape without inconvenience. Only the aspiration seemed a little tight, but I doubt that it could pose any problem to a novice, quite the contrary.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: The batteries are owners on this mod
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A classic fiber
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The kit offers only one possibility: The clearomiser delivered
- Description of the test configuration used: -
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The kit as it is
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
The kit Blu Pro a product that falls into the category "initiatory", in the sense that you have no choice of the value of the resistance since its battery remains low power but still very sufficient to comply with a realistic substitute for beginner vapers. The whole is perfectly coherent in order to have a regular and daily use with a very low consumption of energy and liquid which are induced by a resistance of high value, it seems. This product will remind the oldest vapers eGo batteries and Stardust clearomizers that allowed them to win and possibly continue their introduction to other more powerful equipment.
Although the price is interesting on this kit, however, I have two criticisms to make:
First, the resistance is not interchangeable, which requires redeeming an entire clearomizer to compensate for wear resistance or in case of poor contact. It must therefore be taken into account in the budget calculation.
Then, the proposed kit is exclusive and each piece is not compatible with other products of the market resembling this kit. This may, over time, present an additional cost in addition to the original price.
However, compared to other similar products that may have been on the market in the past, the kit Blu Pro offers visibility on the battery charge level that did not exist before, the wick is pre-soaked, the capillary correctly restores the flavors and finally, which is also very important, no more leaks or gurgles during the vape. This last point became recurrent on this type of clearomizer.
Added to this is the simplicity of use for an effective kit that facilitates the objective set when buying this type of product. Even if we enter a category of products made to begin, the kit deserves its "top mod" for its quality / price ratio that can only encourage smokers to get it.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.