- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: The Little Vapoteur
- Price of the tested product: 139 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod Type: Electronic Botton Feeder
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 80 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.1
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
With Spruzza, Asmodus offers us its first electronic box bottom feeder mono 18650. This new box features a GX-80-HUT chipset, capable of providing up to 80W and it accepts resistors from 0.1 ohm.
Variable power, temperature control, she knows how to do everything, but it is especially its system SSS (Smart Siphon System) that allows it to stand out from the competition. This new and innovative device replaces the traditional plastic bottle.
Our kit is positioned on the high end with these 139 €. I remember that for this price, you have the box and its dripper, the Font. So, the "jizz" (Spruzza), really revolutionary?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mm: 28
- Product Length or Height in mm: 83
- Product weight in grams: 160
- Materials composing the product: Delrin, Wood, Stanless Steel Food Grade
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Good
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Mechanical plastic on contact rubber
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- Type of UI Buttons: Touch
- Quality of the interface button (s): Very good, the button is responsive and does not make any noise
- Number of parts in the product: 4
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Very good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Spruzza adopts a rather common overall design. A rectangular parallelepiped with rounded corners acts as a form factor. The two main faces are dressed with panels covered with stabilized wood. On the top of one of the slices we find a parabolic shaped button marked with the name of the brand. Below, there is an oled touch screen of fairly small size but readable.
On the top, in the central position, the 510 spring-loaded pin will be happy to accommodate all your dripper up to 24 mm and even a little more.
But where is our revolutionary bottom feeder system? On the back of the box, we discover, nestled in the middle of a hollow ovoid shape, the small metal lever that actuates the pump BF.
We can not say that its dimensions are more compact, it is pretty good for a simple 18650, but it is when you open it that we understand why.
Asmodus has compartmentalized everything. On the back, the panel gives on the part which contains the famous and innovating tank equipped with a pump. It is isolated from the electronics and the battery that is accessed through the front panel. By doing so, the designers protect the battery and the chipset in case of leakage but, for this, they have sacrificed some compactness.
The interior is also very clean, everything seems perfectly assembled.
Overall it's pretty although I'm not a fan of the fact that the front and rear panels are not flush with the frame of the box.
The dripper that accompanies the box, the cast iron, measures 24 mm in diameter. He is sober and is relatively discreet. It is capped with a 810 "wide bore" drip-tip in delrin. The top-cap is equipped with fins that should facilitate heat dissipation. The top-cap is, as it is customary lately, in the form of dome. The barrel is pierced with two cyclops holes large size but reasonable.
The tray is of a basic design, it is intended to receive one or two coils. Made in SS 316, the finishes are satisfactory even if, let's be frank, there is no risk taking, neither in the technical aspect, nor in the style.
Our kit is rather nice overall, the design could be a bit bland but lovers of stabilized wood will undoubtedly be charmed by the two removable facades.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Variable protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer, Temperature control of the resistors of the atomizer, Supports the update of its firmware , Display brightness adjustment, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mm of compatibility with an atomizer: 25
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The new Asmodus GX-80-HUT chipset offers you a wide choice of vape modes.
First, a variable power mode that offers a setting that ranges from 5 to 80 W.
Then, no less than three modes in temperature control are offered to us: the TC, TCR and TFR on which you will be able to vary the temperature of your coil between 100 ° and 300 ° C and the maximum power between 5 and 60 W.
These modes are compatible with Ni200, Titanium, SS 304, 316, and 317. If the TC and TCR modes are not unknown to you, the TFR does not tell you anything. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to explain it in detail. Indeed, the technical explanations in the manual are not very precise and I did not find anything better on the site of the manufacturer. All I can tell you is that we record a correction of the heating coefficient depending on the temperature but, frankly, it is very vague.
Finally, there is a "Curve" mode that gives you the opportunity to build the profile of your puff in 5 points. You adjust the power and duration of each range.
The micro USB port can allow you to update the chipset and, of course, recharge your battery.
The most original equipment of this box remains its bottom feeder system said SSS. It consists of a tank of 6 ml equipped with a manual pump, to operate with a lever. Whenever you operate the lever, a definite amount of liquid rises to the dripper. On the other hand, there is no return for a possible surplus of liquid.
As for the dripper, there is little to say, the board allows to equip it with the choice of one or two coils. The adjustment of the airflow is most basic, the size of the two cyclopean openings is varied by simply rotating the top-cap. Simple and efficient.
In short a box equipped with a very complete chipset and an innovative bottom feeder system that will have to learn to master.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Our box is presented in a relatively simple cardboard box equipped with a large transparent window that shows the entire kit.
The box and the dripper are well set in their compartments in dense foam covered with felt. Below this tray are the instructions, replacement seals for the tank and the dripper, a classic pin for the dripper, replacement screws for the mounting post and, to finish two coils. The notice is translated into French, but we can not say that everything is clearly explained.
A complete kit even if I find that the presentation is not fully level for a product of this price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an external jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
The Spruzza is not the most compact, I would say that it is one of the most bulky in its class. It remains, of course, transportable but you will not slip it in your jean pocket.
In terms of settings, if you are not familiar with the US-Chinese brand, you will have to take ownership of the adjustment system offered by the touch screen.
To put it simply, the startup is done using the switch (5 clicks to be original) and after, everything is just a story to slip on the screen. You slide your finger down to unlock, and then just touch the screen and slide right or left to increment or decrement the values. It is controlled with the fingertips for what is in any case to adjust the various modes present.
There is also a menu that appears after 5 clicks the fire button when it is running. This menu allows you to turn off our box, adjust the brightness, the locking system, the puff limiter, reset the puff counter, or adjust the value of your resistance. No problem, the use remains practical and ergonomic, even if the screen is a little difficult to unlock, it is often necessary to go twice.
In any case, the vape offered by the chipset is rather pleasant and direct, effective even with a simple battery 18650. On the other hand, even if the system manages the autonomy of the battery, there will be no miracle and you will need several batteries to hold the day, even at a reasonable power around 30 / 40 W.
The bottom feeder system is quite practical. Filling the tank is quite easy by raising the guillotine-shaped hood and you can act without having to take it out of the cockpit.
The pump makes up a certain amount of liquid, just find the right number of strokes to feed your coils well but beware, in case of too generous rise, no reflux possible unlike the flask that "swallows" the surplus.
The only small flaw of this system remains can be its firmness. Actuating the pump lever can be a little hard, which sometimes results in discomfort in the thumb, I would say that the most sensitive may feel a little pain in the long run.
Cast iron is easy to use. In single coil, the assembly is very simple and the room reducer provided in the pack is very practical. In double coil, it will be necessary to share the ports, but it is not insurmountable because there is room to work. The airholes are of good size, but they are also not huge, they are well adapted and quite versatile. The airflow associated with the dome offered by the top-cap, allows the slot to offer a nice restitution of flavor.
A complete and effective kit that can not be objectively criticized except perhaps its size a bit above the standards offered by the competition.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper Bottom Feeder
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? The dripper provided is very correct
- Description of the test configuration used: Single coil coil at 0.5 ohm for ww mode, and 0.15 single for TC test
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: The kit is very good as is.
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
I'm not really a fan of the brand and I'm not sensitive to the look offered by stabilized wood. Spruzza therefore did not start on a very favorable subjective ground with me.
At first glance, I found it big and I was not seduced by its very agreed design. But the BF system, he immediately interested me. Indeed, it is the very first alternative to the soft bottle that I tested.
Absolutely, in all objectivity, Asmodus delivers us a pretty successful product. A new chipset that is effective and that takes the controls and elements that are usually found on the products of the brand. But it is especially the SSS system (BF) that stands out with its lever and pump. This new device works perfectly and is quite practical even if I think it could be a more comfortable hair and maybe ship a little more juice because 6 ml is below what is usually done.
Dripper, meanwhile, is more classic in terms of design than architecture but it is perfectly suited to the box and offers a good return of flavors.
If you are a fan of the brand or the design of this kit appeals to you, the Spruzza plus Fonte duo is a good product even if the price of 139 € may seem a bit high.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.