Characteristics of the juice tested
- Sponsor having lent material for the review: Flavor Hit
- Price of the tested packaging: 18.90 Euros
- Quantity: 30 Ml
- Price per ml: 0.63 Euros
- Price per liter: 630 Euros
- Juice category according to price per ml previously calculated: Mid-range, from 0.61 to 0.75 euro ml
- Nicotine dosage: 6 Mg / Ml
- Proportion of Vegetable Glycerin: 70%
- Presence of a box: No
- Are the materials making up the box recyclable ?:
- Presence of a seal of inviolability: Yes
- Material of the bottle: Glass, the packaging will be usable for the filling, only if the stopper is equipped with a pipette
- Cork equipment: Glass pipette
- Characteristic of the tip: No tip, will require the use of a filling syringe if the cap is not equipped
- Name of the juice present in bulk on the label: Yes
- Display PG-VG proportions in bulk on the label: Yes
- Wholesale nicotine dosage display on the label: Yes
Steamer note for packaging: 3.73 / 5
Comments on the packaging
Flavor Hit is an Alsatian brand that designs, manufactures and packages its e-liquids in its dedicated buildings (the laboratory and the factory) on the outskirts of Strasbourg from 2014. On the part of passionate 3, founders of the brand, it is not surprising to note, in addition to a sincere and positive ethics, a constant quality concern throughout the process of development, manufacture, and distribution of their potions .
Until 1er January you can get the Secret range in 30ml bottle, in tinted glass, perfectly equipped. This series of 6 juice, is composed of a single base with 70% of glycerin, the remaining 30% being devolving to the PG, aromas and possibly, nicotine, (it exists to 0) with various rates: 3, 6 and 9mg / ml. The 10ml PET vials are already available and will be from 2017, the only capacity authorized for sale to individuals (TPD requires).
Secret is therefore a series of fruity and greedy premium liquids, 2 genera often associated in the same potion. This is the case of Keys, whose aromatic composition we will see below. The tariff positioning of this juice is a little above the entry level, we will see together that it is quite honest.
Legal, security, sanitary, and religious compliance
- Presence of a child safety on the cap: Yes
- Clear pictograms on the label: Yes
- Presence of embossed markings for misleading on the label: Yes
- 100% of the juice compounds are indicated on the label: Yes
- Presence of alcohol: No
- Presence of distilled water: No
- Presence of essential oils: No
- Compliance HIDE: Do not know
- HALAL compliance: Do not know
- Indication of the name of the laboratory producing the juice: Yes
- Presence of contacts needed to reach a consumer service on the label: Yes
- Batch number on the label: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding the respect of various conformities (except religious): 5 / 5
Comments on the security, legal, health and religious aspects
If we regret the small size of the font informing the ratio of the base, we must note a perfect control of technical safety obligations of the bottle, and legal information on the labeling.
In a very visible white insert, are registered the lot number and a DLUO. To complete the picture, let us add that the juice contains no dye, additive, water, sugar or alcohol, whether the nicotine base or not, is of pharmaceutical quality, of vegetable origin and that the flavors have been cleared toxic elements found in the inhalation: diacetyl, ambrox and paraben are therefore absent from the preparation.
The commercial site also offers you (right here) as a .PDF download, the safety data sheets (MSDS) of the brand's productions, a special mention for this initiative, which contributes to the requirements of transparency and quality that the entire profession should follow.
Appreciation of the packaging
- Does the graphic design of the label and the product name agree ?: Yes
- Global correspondence of the packaging with the product name: Yes
- The packaging effort is in line with the price category: Yes
Vapelier's note regarding packaging with regard to juice category: 5 / 5
Comments on the packaging
The aesthetics of the range is both pleasant and complies with the directives imposed by the new regulations. The plasticized label and its graphic content are insensitive to the effects of nicotine dripping. Structured in 3 parts, you will see in the center the purely marketing aspect sober, showing on "spacial" background, another world through a lock, crossing a planet and containing the minimum of useful information: the name of the range , of the brand (much more discreet) and the name of the liquid with the center, the drawing described above, evocation of the secret, red thread of this series.
On both sides of this presentation are the regulatory information components consisting of the precautions for use, the composition of the juice, the pictograms and visual relief, the rate of nicotine and finally postal, telephone, and digital of a consumer service.
Here is a juice of premium quality, impeccably conditioned, for a price in phase with the quality displayed, we have to discover the essential, its taste. Let's go.
- Color and product name agree ?: Yes
- Does the smell and product name agree ?: Yes
- Definition of smell: Pastry cook
- Definition of taste: Sweet, Pastry, Light
- The taste and the name of the product, do they agree ?: Yes
- Did I like this juice ?: Yes
- This liquid reminds me: Its finesse of elaboration places it rather above the many juices containing these ingredients, I can not compare it of this fact, especially when thinking about productions on the other side of the Atlantic.
Vapelier's note on sensory experience: 5 / 5
Comments on the taste appreciation of the juice
No smell emerges alone at the opening, it is necessary, to detect one, approach the nose and breathe deeply. I then felt the scent of a pastry with hints of caramel and cream of milk.
To taste, the caramel turns into a kind of maple syrup, for what I can remember, not having it either at hand when I test this juice. Sweet without excess, I also note a certain bitterness, not of taste, but of sensation on the tongue.
The vape is still different, it reveals more precisely the pastry and the creamy texture of a milk specialty, whose description of the juice says it is whipped cream. I'll give it to you here: "Secret Keys by Flavor Hit is a gourmet e-liquid with notes of blueberry pancake topped with a generous layer of whipped cream! "
Indeed, the blueberry that I have been able to discover before, is this small touch in addition that makes this original juice. The pancake, since it is about this, is with its whipped cream topping, in top note and confirms the greedy status of Keys. The blueberry, natural of a discrete taste, ends up being conceived at the very end of expiration it allows, by a subtle fruity touch, to finalize a recipe all in lightness.
The general power is moderate, the sweetness of the assembly is for my taste very welcome, not being a follower of this kind taste neither for dessert nor the vape. Another aspect that has been well with me during this test, is the texture, certainly due to the VG content and dosage of the whipped cream, realistic and not very sweet like all of its "co-ingredients".
You will not feel a lasting mouthfeel, but a pleasant sensation that requires return, by puffs, one after the other, without thinking.
The hit at 6mg / ml is really light at lower power than normal and consistent, at higher powers. The volume of steam is also the image of what can claim juice to 70% VG, consistent and "palpable" in sub-ohm.
- Recommended power for optimal taste: 60 W
- Type of steam obtained at this power: Thick
- Hit type obtained at this power: Medium
- Atomizer used for the review: Mirage EVO
- Value of the resistance of the atomizer in question: 0.24
- Materials used with the atomizer: Inox, Fiber Freaks Original D1
Comments and recommendations for an optimal tasting
2 atos (drippers) were used for this evaluation. The Origen V3 mounted in a single coil at 1,5 ohm and FF cotton Blend, in tight draw (1 X 2,5mm) and 8 at 15W.
To allow me an analogy of vape with that of clearomizers and other RBA little open, this ato offers a good accuracy of rendering and powers tested report the good performance of this juice, in terms of taste stability. I preferred a warm to warm vape, which favors, according to my criteria, the pastry and suave spirit of this assembly. The cold vape (at lower power) does not contain enough "matter" to fully appreciate it.
The mirage EVO meanwhile provided me a total satisfaction, both gustative and foggy, rather judge the assembly: DC stainless steel 0,24 ohm Fiber freaks Original D1 (for the drainage in sub-ohm) between 55 and 80W to evaluate taste characteristics at high power. Tight or downright aerial, the vape with this ato is a real treat.
I confess that it is around 60 / 65W that the feeling and the production of steam were the most significant, it is subjective of course, but I invent nothing. This juice is designed to send fog galore, while delivering fine and realistic fragrances without altering the heat.
I would almost regret a lack of aromatic presence in terms of power (dosing a hair "bumped" would be a plus for fans of gourmet clouds, with connotation specialty overseas revisited.
The natural color is light amber, but the ratio PG / VG will tend to foul your coils faster than a less viscous juice, if it is possible to vaper in all the existing devices it is obvious that the reconstructibles will be favored in term of change of capillaries, or assembly in general.
- Recommended moments of the day: Morning, Morning - tea breakfast, All afternoon during the activities of everyone, Early evening to relax with a drink, Late night with or without herbal tea, The night for insomniacs
- Can this juice be recommended as an All Day Vape: Yes
Overall average (excluding packaging) of the Vapelier for this juice: 4.58 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
My mood ticket on this juice
The second test of the Secret range is a little less convincing than the first one, (Time), in terms of conformity with the description of the manufacturer. If the goal, however, was to present a tricky liquid to mist a large volume, then it is a bet won, not surprisingly, by the ratio of the base. If you are expecting a good old fat pastry flooded with cream and dripping with blueberry jam, it's missed. The Secret of Keys is declined while delicacy, perhaps too much, you will see well.
I'm going to be stern, probably because of a subjective frustration but still vivacious, not giving a Top Juice to this liquid, it is not far, as it is designed with all the qualities required for a premium that respects, perfectly packaged, and sold at a reasonable price, surely destined to become an all day for fans but ... fans of blueberries will certainly approve me, he misses (this is my opinion) a small little power and intensity at this level, to be totally addictive.
That the creators of Flavor Hit are reassured, their Keys is successful, it will certainly bluff more than one, as it approaches faithfully by its flavors of the head, treats appreciated by the customers of the good pastry cooks, without the inconveniences of turn size, consequences of their greed.
In your flash tests, your turn to educate us about your feelings, you will have the last word, that of the sincerity that advances our passion.
Excellent vape to you, thank you for your patient reading and see you soon.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.