- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: The World of the Vape
- Price of the tested product: 99 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: High end (from 81 to 120 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 60 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.3
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
And one box more, this time it is a brand in the image rather low cost that offers us its interpretation. We therefore propose a box of an honorable power: 60watts, medium size, with as main feature a wide color TFT screen. we have already seen a box in the same spirit: the Smy 60 watts. This last did not leave us an imperishable memory. For a price of 99 € this box is doing it better?
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 48.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 93.8
- Product weight in grams: 160
- Material composing the product: Aluminum
- Form Factor Type: Classic Box - VaporShark Type
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Mechanics on Contact Rubber
- Quality of the interface button (s): Medium, the button makes noise within its enclave
- Number of parts in the product: 2
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.2 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
Kamry tells us on his website that the design is inspired by the world of mobile. Yes I see, but then the mobiles of there is at least 10 years. This design is sorely lacking finesse, the two sides are bevelled on their entire outline, it is not elegant, it remains clumsy.
The materials are in the average boxes that are found at this level of tariff, personally I'm not a fan of "zamac", but the matte black coating is still not bad. Moreover kamry emphasizes on his site his good resistance. The 510 pine will not make any reference, but it is doing it honestly. The metal buttons could have been a good point if they had not been badly adjusted, so we have, I want to hear you all say ... .. maracas! Well, I'm exaggerating a bit, but it still moves a lot.
Finally let's talk about the TFT screen, the part of this box that can only stir your curiosity. Well, it's not bad, it's obviously legible older view of the decline will be delighted (but no I did not say the old). It's colorful, it's still a bit gadget and in full sun, it's blackout.
All in all I would say this box is correct but Kamry could have done better, it could be a little leit motivator of this brand because I have a memory a bit comparable with the 100 W double wooden tube that been spent in my hands.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a thread adjustment.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by mod: Battery charge display, Resistance value display, Short circuit protection from atomizer, Reverse battery polarity protection, Display of current vape voltage , Display of the power of the current vape, Display of the vape time of each puff, Clear diagnostic messages
- Accusability: 18650
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? No
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 23
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
That's the basic functional features of this box
Resistors Accepted: 0.3-1 ohm
- Deep discharge
- Short Circuit
- Reverse polarity
- Overheating chipset
The large TFT display shows:
All this is found on a lot of box apart time and date can be. Two functions that combined together will allow the vapers to control their consumption. First the automatic Vape mode which proposes to set the time of a puff, so when you do not press need to hold the button, one click on the fire button and your box delivers a puff that will last the chosen time . Then there is a puff meter that more than just a counter also serves as a limiter. So you set to 200 puffs a day and when you reach the limit, the box stops responding, unless of course you change your setting. So if you combine the two you can control your consumption and avoid over-consumption that touches I think a lot of vapors that I probably do.
I'm not a fan of galore settings, mods that run fast at the gas plant, but here I recognize the usefulness of these two options when we see the issues that the Vape can arouse in everyone in terms of consumption compared to good old killers. For example, if you assume that a cigarette is 10 taff and you smoke 15 cigarettes a day, that makes you 150 taff. So we can say: "I set my puff on a mean time of 5 seconds, I set the limiter on 150 and here" you have a comparable consumption and controlled.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
This is an undeniable strong point. Your box will arrive in a semi-rigid bag very practical and pretty. She perfectly fulfills her office: protect your box, and will be an ally in your life of nomadic vaper. So I put a good point to Kamry, we would like to find this kind of thing with all mods that we buy, especially the most expensive. Only small flat notice that is not translated.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Easy, even standing in the street
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
As I said above the manual is in English, however the big screen has another virtue, that of allowing us to see the settings menu in its entirety. Then the navigation is very intuitive. Roughly, you make 3 clicks on fire, the menu appears. Then you will move and adjust the various parameters with the +/- buttons and to validate your choices you will use the fire button. Ten minutes are enough to familiarize you with the operation of this box. Its use is simple. The Vape she produces is in the right average. Clutter is not incompatible with everyday use although it is clear that this is not its strong point.
It combines with the atomizer of your choice, the range of use is wide enough.
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18650
- Number of batteries used during testing: 1
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? Dripper, A conventional fiber - resistance equal to or greater than 1.7 Ohms, A low resistance fiber inf or equal to 1.5 ohms, In sub-ohm assembly, Genesys type rebuildable metal mesh assembly, Genesys type rebuilding metal wick assembly
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? All
- Description of the test configuration used: Orchid v3 double coil at 0,40ohm
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the ideal configuration, any ato or clearo in 22 that supports the sub-ohm
was the product liked by the reviewer: Bof, this is not the craze
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 3.5 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
In conclusion on this box, I will immediately tell you that I am not seduced by the beast. His design is not thin enough, his hood ill-fitting, and finally his gadget side that gives him this big colorful screen. All this is of course highly subjective, these judgments are oriented only by my tastes, except for the hood which is really embarrassing.
Apart from that it works very well, its use is simple and does not ask to leave Polytechnic to understand the different possible settings and this, despite a notice in English. I find the functions for quantitative control very interesting, in the sense that many are those who seek to limit or self-control.
I am once again shared with this brand. As for the 100 wooden watts, I find the product not completely successful. I do not understand that we can let this cover, that we do not try to work more design. And I add that the price seems a little high, compared to the image of the brand.
Thank you to the world of the Vape for this loan.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.