- Sponsor having loaned the product for the magazine: Myvapors Europe
- Price of the tested product: 39.98 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Entry level (from 1 to 40 euros)
- Mod type: Classic drums
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: Not applicable
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 0.4
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
With the Ijust Start +, Eleaf offers us, as its name suggests, a starter kit. In French in the text: a set to begin.
This boxing kit in the category of Ego One. It is a battery with a direct output voltage, associated with a GS Air 2 19mm atomizer. So this is a simple product for beginners or vapers with a basic kit, style Ego / T2, who want a little more without diving into the boxing world.
At a price below 40 €, Eleaf is placed as usual in the entry-level, his favorite terrain.
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 19
- Product Length or Height in mms: 120.2
- Product weight in grams: 99
- Material constituting the product: Stainless steel
- Form Factor Type: Tube
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Medium
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: Lateral near the top cap
- Fire button type: Metal mechanics on contact caouctoucouc
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 1
- UI button type: No other button
- Quality of interface button (s): Not applicable interface button
- Number of parts in the product: 1
- Number of threads: 1
- Quality of the threads: Good
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 3.8 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
The Ijust Start + is made of stainless steel. It measures 120 mm, which makes it a compact and discreet product. The diameter of 19 mm gives it a rather stocky appearance. The design is very consensual. It's a classic tube. The switch is round, it is very effective and unlike that of his cousin the Ego One, he does not suffer from any game.
The Gs Air 2 is well fitting. He too is of a mat design. There is no bad surprise, this kit is very well finished, it does not suffer from any quality concerns. Only the technical choice for the airflow ring of the atomizer seems debatable to me but I'll talk about it later.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510, Ego - via an adapter
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: None
- Features offered by mod: Protection against short circuits from the atomizer, Fixed protection against overheating of the resistors of the atomizer
- Compatibility accus: LiPo
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of used batteries: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Not applicable
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? Charging function possible via Micro-USB
- Is the recharge function pass-through? Yes
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 19
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 3.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
The kit's battery offers a spring-loaded 510 stud, a micro USB port placed laterally, which allows to leave the battery standing during reloading and an autonomy of 1600mah.
The fire button is surrounded by a light net provided by an LED. When you shoot a puff, it will come on. When you release the switch, the light lasts a few moments. If it is fixed, more than 60% of energy remains. When it flashes slowly, it remains from 59 to 30%. More quickly, it remains from 29 to 10%. And very quickly, there is less than 9%.
Of course, the product has basic protections (short circuit and low voltage) and a cut-off at 15 seconds.
The atomizer uses proprietary resistors of 0,75Ω, 1,2Ω or 1,5Ω. What largely cover the needs of a first-time buyer. It contains 2,5ml of liquid, which is a reserve consistent with the style of the product. The airflow is adjustable using a silicone ring. I find it way, especially as the ring is very flexible, which for me does not facilitate a precise setting.
In the end a minimalist product perfect to start well.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Yes
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? Yes
- Does the manual explain ALL features? Yes
Vapelier's note on packaging: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
Eleaf delivers this kit in a cardboard box of a style common with the other products of the brand. It's not a great originality but it's clean and the kit is complete: atomizer, battery, 2 resistors, a USB cable and the famous silicone adjustment ring.
Add to that a complete record in French and this is the maximum score, taking into account the very attractive price.
Appreciations in use
- Easy transportation with the test atomizer: Ok for an inside jacket pocket (no deformations)
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Easy, even standing on the street, with a simple Kleenex
- Easy to change the batteries: Not applicable, the battery is only rechargeable
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
This product is made to accompany you on a daily basis. It is lightweight and takes up little space in the pocket.
The filling of the atomizer is from the bottom and does not pose any particular concerns, just be careful to start the resistance by putting a drop of liquid before filling the ato. The 1600mah will be perfect for holding the day. In case, know that it is used even when you recharge it with the pass-through function.
In short, a product easy to live and that consolidates its place of starter kit by its simplicity of use.
Recommendations for use
- Type of battery used during the tests: LiPo
- Number of batteries used during the tests: The batteries are owners / Not applicable
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A classic fiber, In sub-ohm mounting
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? the eleaf Gs air 2 delivered with, or any other ato in 19mm
- Description of the test configuration used: kit
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: the kit as is working well
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.3 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
You understand, the Ijust Start plus is a very good product to start. The price / quality ratio is very correct, the kit is complete and simple. I will just note, once again, the starter kit contains only resistors under the ohm, which I find questionable when the majority of target customers are beginners.
Indeed, if this is your first purchase, consider buying in addition to resistance 1,2 or 1,5Ω that will be more suitable for the beginnings of a vaper.
The advantage of this kind of kit is that you can easily evolve over the first six months of your vape without making a fuss, just by changing resistance and adjusting airflow. The price of consumables is average with a rate which is around 2 €.
For me, the only big minus is the removable airflow ring of the clearomizer in the manner of the Aromamizer. It's a little cheap and not very accurate. Even if, at worst, it can be used to protect your tank. But I find the concept impractical.
Another good product at Eleaf that does not revolutionize the genre since it does not bring anything really new, but it does the job well, and for a modest price.
Special thanks myvapors
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.