- Sponsor who lent the product for the review: Evaps
- Price of the tested product: 74.9 Euros
- Product category according to its selling price: Mid-range (from 41 to 80 euros)
- Mod type: Variable power electronics
- Is the mod telescopic? No
- Maximum power: 15 watts
- Maximum voltage: Not applicable
- Minimum value in Ohms resistance for a start: 1.2
Reviewer comments on business characteristics
"This review follows a request for evaluation made by Lolop. We apologize for the delay but our partners were out of stock. But we persevered to satisfy you. "
Friends vapers all hair and steam, it is not very often that we have the opportunity to review an e-pipe on the Vapelier also it is with great pleasure that I embark on this exercise perilous which I hope to escape unscathed. So today we test the e-pipe SMOK Guardian V2, adjustable electronic pipe from 6 to 15W working with 18350 rechargeable batteries. Notice to fans of absolute power, dromedary autonomy, power-vaping, sub-ohming and other terms ending in "ing", run away and do not return. Because tonight we will talk about quiet, cozy and more traditional vape. "Standing" somehow ... ..
Physical characteristics and felt quality
- Width or Diameter of the product in mms: 47.5
- Product Length or Height in mms: 69.8
- Product weight in grams: 214.8
- Material used for the product: Stainless steel, Wood
- Type of Form Factor: Pipe without tip
- Decorative style: Classic
- Quality of decoration: Excellent, it is a work of art
- Is the coating of the mod sensitive to fingerprints? No
- All components of this mod seem well assembled? Yes
- Fire button position: On the top cap
- Fire button type: Spring mechanics
- Number of buttons in the interface, including touch areas if they are present: 2
- Type of User Interface Buttons: Metal Adjustment Knob
- Quality of the interface button (s): Excellent I love this button in every way
- Number of parts in the product: 3
- Number of threads: 3
- Quality of the threads: Excellent
- Overall, do you appreciate the quality of manufacture of this product with regard to its price? Yes
Rating of the vapelier as to feelings quality: 5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on physical characteristics and perceived quality
I would like to point out that we are not here on a craftsman product but on an industrial product in order to put things into perspective. So there is no comparison between the fruit of long working hours of a master piper with a mass produced e-pipe.
However, the V2 Guardian shows an exceptional finish quality. Both in the treatment of metal and that of wood. The wood is an exotic wood, certainly a derivative of mahogany, perfectly cut to highlight a harmonious veining and covered with a glossy lacquer that brings out the heat of the object. The shape is voluptuous and sensual and really looks like that of a real nice tobacco pipe type Egg. The grip is totally pleasant even if the stove is still of good size.
The treatment of the metal has been the subject of much attention as well. In stainless steel, machined to perfection and assembled with wood in a very honorable way. The contrast is striking and the object takes on a vintage look and techno at the same time that gives it a Steampunk aesthetic dear to the authors of Science Fiction and that suits him perfectly. I add that the quality of the threads is simply bluffing as well as the interior of the stove, whose stainless steel cradle will host an 18350 battery, with or without nipple.
The switch is imperial and falls easily under the finger. Its release makes a reassuring and friendly metallic click that also contributes to the pleasure of vying on the Guardian V2.
I find only one small negative point in terms of the finish is the slight stall between the upper part of the wooden rod and the stainless steel ring that is added to have an 510 connection. But I quibble, I quibble ... Especially the price is very correct for a mod of this type and quality.
- Type of chipset used: Owner
- Connection type: 510 - via an adapter, Ego
- Adjustable positive plot? Yes, through a spring.
- Lock system ? Electronic
- Quality of the locking system: Good, the function does what it is for
- Features offered by the mod: Operating light indicators
- Accusability: 18350
- Does the mod support stacking? No
- Number of batteries supported: 1
- Does the mod retain its configuration without batteries? Yes
- Does the mod offer a recharge feature? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Is the recharge function pass-through? No recharge function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer a Power Bank function? No power bank function offered by the mod
- Does the mode offer other functions? No other function offered by the mod
- Presence of a regulation of the flow of air? Yes
- Maximum diameter in mms of compatibility with an atomizer: 22
- Accuracy of the output power at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the power demanded and the real power
- Accuracy of the output voltage at full charge of the battery: Good, there is a tiny difference between the requested voltage and the actual voltage
Vapelier's note regarding functional characteristics: 4.3 / 5
Reviewer's comments on functional features
If we forget the joke that there is to establish the nomenclature of the features of an e-pipe, we fall back on the very essence of the vape. Here is a beautiful object made to vape and modulate the power of his vape. You can turn it on, turn it off, turn it on again and re-extinguish it and start again until you have a cramp of the thumb but it is clearly not an object for a geek. All the rest is second only to the pleasure of vape a good juice in a good atomizer mounted 1.5Ω and basta. The rest belongs to another era, ours. The Guardian remains and will remain timeless thanks to its beauty and simplicity.
The tension delivered when it is quite amazing because, if we can speak of flat signal strictly speaking, the vape is particularly soft and devoid of asperities, which makes me think of a frequency signal quite fast anyway. Alas, impossible to know more, SMOK being silent like a sandal on the technical specifications of his Guardian .... And in the absence of oscilloscope, I can only trust my feeling.
Evaluation of the packaging
- Presence of a box accompanying the product: Yes
- Would you say that the packaging is up to the price of the product? Can do better
- Presence of a user manual? Yes
- Is the manual understandable for a non-English speaker? No
- Does the manual explain ALL features? No
Vapelier's note on packaging: 2.5 / 5
Reviewer's comments on conditioning
The Guardian V2 comes in a cardboard box itself wrapped in a sheet of hard plastic. The foam inside is of enormous density, it is even more difficult to clear the e-pipe from its location but remains the guarantee of a "safe" transport for the object. Nothing very exciting but ok. A wooden box typed "trunk of the Indies" with the same foam had corresponded much better to the object contained for a totally immersive experience but the manufacturer decided otherwise, certainly for reasons of cost.
Do not behave like me, there is a manual in this packaging but it sits in the double bottom of the box that appears as if you have eradicated magic foam. A simple notice, in English, which explains us that blah blah blah blah blah ... not much in fact ....
Appreciations in use
- Transport facilities with the test atomizer: Nothing works, needs a bag in a bandage
- Disassembly and cleaning facilities: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Easy to change the batteries: Super simple, even blind in the dark!
- Did the mod heat up? No
- Has there been erratic behavior after one day of use? No
- Description of situations in which the product has experienced erratic behavior
Vapelier's note in terms of usability: 4 / 5
Reviewer's comments on the use of the product
Sit on a Chesterfield armchair, a rare edition of a Meville novel in hand, wriggle a few logs in your fireplace. Then, fill a rebuildable atomizer with Phillip Rocke, step up to 14 / 15W and go on an epic journey of which you become the hero Ismael, launched in pursuit of an improbable but dangerous white whale under the command of an ass -to cripple. Throw your harpoons, reload and take your lucky atomizer, the one that contains your Pirate's Brew and it's left for a heroic waltz that will take you to the end of the night if you have planned food and coffee on the wooden table who is pitching under the pressure of the waves.
Here is the use that should be made of this Guardian, object to dream above all. We can regret the power limited to 15W at a time when the minimum subsistence is established between 20 and 30W but how to do otherwise with an 18350 battery, necessarily limited in its autonomy and intensity? The rendering of vape is not unlike that of Provari V2 in its softness and roundness. In the balance of use, the Guardian behaves admirably if used in its field of play between 10 and 15w with resistances greater than 1.2Ω.
Its operation is very simple. 5 clicks on the switch to turn it on and off. The rotary ring allows you to choose the desired power value: 6 / 11, 7 / 12, 8 / 13, 9 / 14, 10 / 15 and click three times on the switch to choose between values below 11W (led white light) or those above 11W (blue led).
Recommendations for use
- Type of batteries used during the tests: 18350
- Number of batteries used during testing: 4
- With which type of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A conventional fiber - resistance greater than or equal to 1.7 Ohms, A fiber low resistance inf or equal to 1.5 ohms
- With which model of atomizer is it advisable to use this product? A good rebuildable mounted in 1.5Ω and quite punchy in this type of resistance.
- Description of the test configuration used: Guardian V2 + various atos in 22 or 23
- Description of the ideal configuration with this product: Guardian V2 + Change
was the product liked by the reviewer: Yes
Overall average of the Vapelier for this product: 4.6 / 5
Link to a video review or blog maintained by the reviewer author of the review
The mood ticket of the reviewer
From the moment when we understood that we had to deal with a particular object in the sphere of the vape, we can only be conquered. The beauty of the V2 Guardian, the exact opposite of the ugliness of the V1, makes it an eye-catcher, an object of lust, something that one wants to touch and / or possess. Its power of attraction should impose on the amateurs of beautiful things and the numerous vapoteurs who steam in modest powers and who seek a different and particular mod. And it is clear that the placebo effect works perfectly. With the Guardian, my liquids look different, softer but more addictive. More round and more hypnotic. This of course escapes all logic but sometimes, we must not underestimate the impact of the beauty of a mod on the rendering that we perceive. It is devious, almost spiritual, but perfectly real.
I stacked all my boxes to make a wall between the real world and me. Welded all my mods tubular morsels to make a periscope and here I am Captain Nemo, the rudder of the Nautilus, to explore the deep sea and a warm steam and accomplice accompanies me. This is all the magic of the Guardian V2, to express in us the child who sleeps behind the years of over and in this light and only in this light, here is an investment full of wisdom.
(c) Copyright Vapelier SAS 2014 - Only the complete reproduction of this article is authorized - Any modification of any nature whatsoever is totally prohibited and violates the rights of this copyright.